IGNORED

Ways to protect myself during and after pregnancy...

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

if you let the dogs go when the larger one went after you, you really arnt keeping them under control. What you did was panic and freeze-hence the dogs getting loose. And if you dont learn not to panic and freeze, then no matter what you carry, it wont do you any good. keeping calm and your wits about you is necessary no matter the situation.

No. Im pregnant. 9 months. 

Im thinking about whats most important which is my baby. 

15 hours ago, Who me said:

Please talk to your minister. Your desire to protect your unborn baby is perfectly natural.

But a small pistoil is no defence against a dog attacking you.

You have to identify the threat, a dog leaping up at you or a man jumping out from behind a tree. Pull the gun out from where it is held. Present the gun, ready to fire, fire and hit the atacker.

A walking stick or spring relase umberella is already in your hand and can be brought up fo a dog to bite or to keep the dog or other attacker at a distance.

This plus either a hi pitched co2 whistle alarm or pepper spray is more affective than a gun in the bottom of your handbag.

No not a pistol for a dog. A pistol for bigger threats...like in the event of a mugger or a suspicious persons

18 hours ago, Willa said:

The elderly and disabled are also particularly vulnerable.  But I used to walk for exercise and was bitten once by a dog that came up behind me and bit me on the back of the let quite badly.  I was told it might have had a brain tumor, but one of the owners said it had been abused by one of the teens that lived there.  Not long after my leg healed I was seriously threatened by a German Shepherd that had recently been adopted and the owners let it run without being under control.  It kept circling me with its teeth bared.  The owner finally saw me and got between me and the dog.  I was about a half a block from the dog's home.  I don't walk anymore.  At the time I investigated options for protection and learned that everything was illegal here.  Pepper spray was legal only for protection from bears.  So it would be best to find out what your local laws are.  

Uhg . i really hate that happened to you. I hate when owners dont pay attention to their dogs and let them harass and bite anyone thats out. That's beyond negligent.

Edited by Figure of eighty

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,705
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

No. Im pregnant. 9 months. 

Im thinking about whats most important which is my baby. 

Pregnant or not you still froze... unless you learn to keep calm and under control in a situation like that, no matter what method of self defense you choose it won't do you any good

• Thumbs Up 1