• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, Betha said:

what scripture says is that Jesus was already risen when the women went to the tomb early sunday...already risen and no longer there Mk 16v6. Also Jesus/Yashua predicted His own timing when He stated how long He would be in the Tomb Mat 12v40 . All this has been thoroughly covered in other threads you obviously ignored....so I'm not starting another discussion on that. You believe what you will.

I don't agree with what was said in those other threads.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

39 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

The Bible says Jesus rose on the first day, which is Sunday.

Hi, When did your "Sunday" begin and when did the weekly Sabbath end? 

17 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, When did your "Sunday" begin and when did the weekly Sabbath end? 

Approximately 6 PM to 6 PM.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

This is a centuries old debate and still a mystery to be revealed in the future I do believe. I do think omniscience [infinite knowledge], the Lord knowing the beginning from the end, may be part of our view of predestination? This does not detract from the fact that; the angels and us are given free will, choice and the freedom to accept or reject. One knowing our choices and decisions a head of time does not detract from it was "us" whom ultimately made the free will choice and decision. 

19 minutes ago, Betha said:

It seems obvious you don't agree with the scriptures that were given....your choice.

I agree that Jesus was sinless, but since I believe original sin is passed down through the Father, none of the scriptures showing Jesus was spotless prove anything.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

This is a centuries old debate and still a mystery to be revealed in the future I do believe. I do think omniscience [infinite knowledge], the Lord knowing the beginning from the end, may be part of our view of predestination? This does not detract from the fact that; the angels and us are given free will, choice and the freedom to accept or reject. One knowing our choices and decisions a head of time does not detract from it was "us" whom ultimately made the free will choice and decision. 

Basically I agree with this. But very rarely I learn something that makes me wonder, again. This is slightly off-topic but close. Myself and several people I know have last-names based on Italian since our ancestors came from Italy. My father always told me what my name is supposed to mean but without the Internet I couldn't check it. Turns out he was right and my personality lives up to it. Coincidence, it could be. But the other 5 people I checked up on also have lives & personality's that line up with the meaning of their last name. IMO this is reason to not argue over what we believe because I don't know why 6 people in their 60's - 70's would have personalities like their names. It may also be relevant that in the OT baby's were often given a name with a meaning that they hoped the adult would live up to.  (scratches head)

3 hours ago, JTC said:

Basically I agree with this. But very rarely I learn something that makes me wonder, again. This is slightly off-topic but close. Myself and several people I know have last-names based on Italian since our ancestors came from Italy. My father always told me what my name is supposed to mean but without the Internet I couldn't check it. Turns out he was right and my personality lives up to it. Coincidence, it could be. But the other 5 people I checked up on also have lives & personality's that line up with the meaning of their last name. IMO this is reason to not argue over what we believe because I don't know why 6 people in their 60's - 70's would have personalities like their names. It may also be relevant that in the OT baby's were often given a name with a meaning that they hoped the adult would live up to.  (scratches head)

Since you mentioned it...

I brought something up not long ago in Sunday School class. Every word, number, name, jot and tittle in the Bible has meaning. I ran across a bad guy in the Bible with an unusual name, and I wanted to see what his name meant. Long story short, after checking the meaning of dozens of Hebrew names in the Bible. I know I'm not the first one, but I discovered each name had a meaning that gave a bit of accurate information or character about that person, bar none. I posed the question; how did the parents get the idea to name their child, that reflected a bit of personality and character of that baby? I can only think of one way.

I don't know if something like that would apply today? For one thing against it; so many names today have been altered from the original and corrupted. Because of difficulty of spelling it, pronouncing it, writing it, to be more American [or other nationality] to fit in and many other reasons. As far as I know, Hebrew and Hebrew names have never been corrupted from originals. 

Just a thought?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

31 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Since you mentioned it...

I brought something up not long ago in Sunday School class. Every word, number, name, jot and tittle in the Bible has meaning. I ran across a bad guy in the Bible with an unusual name, and I wanted to see what his name meant. Long story short, after checking the meaning of dozens of Hebrew names in the Bible. I know I'm not the first one, but I discovered each name had a meaning that gave a bit of accurate information or character about that person, bar none. I posed the question; how did the parents get the idea to name their child, that reflected a bit of personality and character of that baby? I can only think of one way.

I don't know if something like that would apply today? For one thing against it; so many names today have been altered from the original and corrupted. Because of difficulty of spelling it, pronouncing it, writing it, to be more American [or other nationality] to fit in and many other reasons. As far as I know, Hebrew and Hebrew names have never been corrupted from originals. 

Just a thought?

And then there are all the Usernames on social media...the mind boggles :13:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

17 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Long story short, after checking the meaning of dozens of Hebrew names in the Bible. I know I'm not the first one, but I discovered each name had a meaning that gave a bit of accurate information or character about that person, bar none. I posed the question; how did the parents get the idea to name their child, that reflected a bit of personality and character of that baby?

This idea makes more sense in the OT. Since I'm talking about last names it occurs to me that many people, in my extended  family alone, have the same last name as I do. I'm not so sure that most of them live up to the meaning of the name. Maybe it is coincidence.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, JTC said:

This idea makes more sense in the OT. Since I'm talking about last names it occurs to me that many people, in my extended  family alone, have the same last name as I do. I'm not so sure that most of them live up to the meaning of the name. Maybe it is coincidence.

That's what I'm referring to, Old Testament Hebrew names and the accuracy associated with the names. I'm not implying this is relevant today or in any other language.