• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,463
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/10/2019 at 1:21 AM, Melinda12 said:

The Bible is so specific. I am reading Genesis properly for the first time, about Noah and the great flood. He was 600 years old. The rains began on the 17th day of the second month of his 600th year. 

How could the author of Genesis be so precise? I take it all as truth of course. I believe the Bible in it's entirety. But i am curious about the author of Genesis. These are not vague visions, this is all particular definite facts. 

It will take me a long time but i am reading the Bible fully and properly as i need to. My faith is strong but i want knowledge to underpin it. 

When the Bible goes into specifics and such detail, we should pay particular attention, as there's a lot to be gleaned and learned from it. The first five books of the Bible [the Pentateuch or Torah] are generally agreed upon and attributed to Moses as penning them. The Bible is not clear [from my studies anyway] how and where Moses received the books he wrote. We know the very first man Adam was smart and had language, and named all the animals. One would reason he would write them down for posterity and a record? It's apparent all the biblical patriarchs wrote and recorded.

Some surmise the Lord Himself gave Moses the history and told Moses to write it down. Some speculate that from Adam through Noah, there were written accounts and Noah preserved them on the Ark through the flood? I won't go into detail, but it's intriguing the history and how we have our Bible of today. It's all from the written record of ancient texts, copies of copies, different [and the same content] sources and time periods, etc. Jesus quoted a number of times, "it is written", Jesus quotes Isiah, Daniel quotes Jeremiah, the Apostles quote the written record. 

God promised to preserve His word, and has done so with a written record, our Bible. Our Lord is legalistic and gave the law in writing by His finger on stone. In the book of Revelation, in Heaven there is writings on a scroll, a document and record. There is the "book" of life and other books of record. Everything has been written down for a record and testimony. 

I don't pretend to know but; it seems logical the Lord would write through man the entire record of creation, history, the who, what, where, when and why's, and what He wanted us to know; and preserve that record in writing, as a witness, testimony and written record for man. The legality of a written document given to us to testify of the truth, possibly a written record and standard to be used at the Bema Seat of Christ and Great White Throne judgments???

So, did Noah keep a daily diary and record all the events? I don't know, but it seems possible and logical?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I wonder why Jesus never wrote anything down?

Good question; I'm just guessing because Christ as God incarnate knew others would. It might be interesting evidence he was God.I'm just internet researching as I write this post and it seems All the founders of the other major religions  who are seen to be historical(Hinduism it seems has no historical founder) wrote their teachings down.  The exception is Buddha who is thought only to have transmitted his text orally. However I am almost certain Buddha did Not have the ability/technology to write anything down in his language. Everyone who founds a religion will write their precious teachings down if they have the technology to do it; unless you are the man-God ,Jesus of Nazareth, who knew every word of the New Testament before it was written.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Moses was the author of Genesis. Everything is the Bible is true. Their may be some figures of speech but those can be interpreted with help.