• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,184
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

11 hours ago, existential mabel said:

This topic interests me, as the previous summer I came across some people who were into Sarah Young – Jesus is calling. And to begin with I thought gosh this is good and then I looked online to find out about her, as I take nothing at face value anymore. And was shocked to read that she was described as having Pantheism outlook and then I had to look that up as I had never heard of it. she was leaning more to the created rather than to the creator was the general gist i think i got to.

In the end what got me was that she was inferring that Jesus was talking to her and thereby decided to do this book. And then I think whoa there isn’t that kind of adding to the bible. And then I started to notice on another visit that there were other books that were questionable

Ah I realise I should have said Omnipresence

Hi again mabel,

I have heard of `Jesus calling` by Sarah Young. I think the book came out of the teaching about 15 years ago where people were encouraged to be quiet before the Lord and to write down what they thought Jesus was saying to them. It was like a conversation between God and them. People wrote scripture and then wrote in the first person what they thought Jesus was saying to them. It really was their own imagination mixed with scripture and thus sounded spiritual. That is not however how the Lord talks to us, like how we have a conversation.

The Lord talks through His word and may highlight a certain part us which can bring comfort through trials. I had `His eye is upon you,` from the song `His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.` This was when I went into an op 2 years ago. After my last op, last year, I was helped by Rom. 12: 12, `joyful in hope, patience in afflictions, and faithful in prayer.`

regards, Marilyn. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Yes!!!

This has been a life verse for me, ...I have literally done this, we landed in Tahiti at 5:30 AM (9), ...and he has been faithful to keep His promise (10).

Thanks for posting...

Lord bless

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/11/2019 at 10:25 AM, existential mabel said:

Ominipotence and Pantheism what are the diffences?

they are both viewed as being  everywhere and therefore to do with God.  i still have confusion over these two. i do realise that Pantheism is more about mankinds version but it still all about something being in everything. thats as far as i have got. can someone explain this without  getting too technical many thanks

Do you mean omnipresence?

Pantheism = All is god.

All things are god. God is in all things.

Omnipresence = God is everywhere

All things are in God. All things are not God.

That's the basic difference. Pantheism is NOT biblical.

The Bible is God's manual of Truth and Fact.

Pantheism is not true.

Edited by JohnD
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I used to find it difficult to comprehend how God could be everywhere... much less how

all three individuals of the Godhead could be everywhere at the same time and yet be... distinct individuals.

Then he (the Holy Spirit) gave me the example of the three spatial dimensions which coexist everywhere at

the same time down to quantum levels.

Not that I am applying this to God, but with spatial dimensions... if any one of the three is absent the other two cannot exist.

Interesting.

If I were to apply this to eternal God (existent without beginning or end, so there'll never be  an absent individual of the Godhead) it

does suggest a codependency on that eternal existence.

It's just a  thought.  Not a dogma. I'm just an ameba trying to contemplate the most complex organism  in existence.

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

Couched simply pantheism is a doctrine which stipulates that all of existence --- creation, if you will --- is a manifestation of God. God is the creation and so the creation is God.

yes He is the creator and not the created

a pantheist is tolerant of anything and everything since there's plenty of room for gods and whatever else one desires in the creation which they exalt as a manifold god. Perfectly vile but the truth nevertheless. 

yes and this is what i was tryiing to get to but i was going around in circles. its hard to decipher when other people can put up a 'convincing theory' this is someone who knows next to nothing about these things. and therefore my eyes got somewhat dazzled in the full head beam. but i felt the conviction to check it out i almost didnt. makes me realise how easy it is to be decieved.

Omnipotence can be summed up in the following way: the power and authority of Almighty God. There is no other like our God and nothing can stand against the Lord. God does as he pleases; whatever Christ opens none can shut and whatever he closes, none can open. 

I'm wondering if you'd be more interested in omnipresence as opposed to omnipotence.

yes i did mean omnipresence but similar words are such a thing of complication lol!

The Lord is everywhere: God is Spirit and he's incomprehensible to our meager understanding.

the word is rather than in quite a difference

Pantheism can be understood as the enemy's corruption of God's omnipotence, omnipresence, and omniscience. I hope this helps!

i am reminded of the word Hallow and how that has been misused for halloween

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi mabel,

Interesting topic. Now we know that God is Spirit and thus can be everywhere. (John 4: 24) Truth.

Pantheism is the thought that God is in everything -rocks, trees, birds, insects etc. So...I just stood on God! (a rock) Nonsense.

Marilyn.

yes that word, in, again have been around people in the past who were into all kiinds of whacko stuff, the only difference back then before i was a Christian it was not of GOd but pagan stuff. now some Christian's even paganise God. at least the pagans never made that mix up!

12 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi again mabel,

I have heard of `Jesus calling` by Sarah Young. I think the book came out of the teaching about 15 years ago where people were encouraged to be quiet before the Lord and to write down what they thought Jesus was saying to them. It was like a conversation between God and them. People wrote scripture and then wrote in the first person what they thought Jesus was saying to them. It really was their own imagination mixed with scripture and thus sounded spiritual. That is not however how the Lord talks to us, like how we have a conversation.

The Lord talks through His word and may highlight a certain part us which can bring comfort through trials. I had `His eye is upon you,` from the song `His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.` This was when I went into an op 2 years ago. After my last op, last year, I was helped by Rom. 12: 12, `joyful in hope, patience in afflictions, and faithful in prayer.`

regards, Marilyn. 

its really strange what some people get up to i guess. i think the trap with pantheism is that it appeals directly to the emotions. unlike the bible which uses scripture  i am only just now realising that i have been under the new age spell, grip far longer than what i realised.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

16 hours ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Yes, He is.

Actually, I knew but I thought someone else didn't. Thanks.

5 hours ago, JohnD said:

Do you mean omnipresence?

Pantheism = All is god.

All things are god. God is in all things.

Omnipresence = God is everywhere

All things are in God. All things are not God.

That's the basic difference. Pantheism is NOT biblical.

The Bible is God's manual of Truth and Fact.

Pantheism is not true.

0k a quick overview

Pantheism = God is in the rock and therefore the rock is sacred

Omnipresence = the rock is in God

Does that makka aniya sense?!

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,184
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

9 hours ago, existential mabel said:

0k a quick overview

Pantheism = God is in the rock and therefore the rock is sacred

Omnipresence = the rock is in God

Does that makka aniya sense?!

Hi mabel,

The first is how those who view the world - Pantheism.

The second is not `the rock is in God,` but God made the rock and the rock is separate from God.

Hope that is clearer. Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

13 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

One day I decided to read through some of the issues I received over the span of a few years and came to the conclusion that Armstrong was a very disturbed man. I threw the magazines out and canceled the subscription. 

Lucky you. In the early 70's his magazine was every where from doctor's offices to on the seat of trains, because as you said, it was free. For yrs I ignored it but then I became interested in God. Since there was always so much arguing in Christianity the magazine title "The Plain Truth" seemed worth looking into. Armstrong was very elitist and people still fall prey to the elitist attitude, which is a sin. (I don't mean elite in the sense that Jesus used the term) Not only was the magazine free but all of Armstrong's writings were free; some were even true. I wanted to go where other Armstrong followers were but in the mid 70's all I could do was look in the phone books. I found an address in a NYC office building. I worked in NYC. I went there 1 day during lunch. I knocked on the door but there was no answer. I figured I'd just go in. But I couldn't grab the doorknob, it was like an invisible force was preventing me from touching the doorknob. There was also a lot of anxiety with that whole incident. I was later to realize that was an early encounter with the Holy Spirit. Since I was prevented from finding Armstrong people, a month later I joined the church with the great worship services.   

Now I'm here.

• Praise God! 1