Praying and not receiving

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Ok so theres this girl i like or love In my situation its a long distance relationship and she said if we was still single that we would get together she we were 16 and I'm scared she will find someone else and I prayed that God would help me and its not working can I get some advise to not think about her as much ive gotten attached to her

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

10 hours ago, 4everyume said:

Ok so theres this girl i like or love In my situation its a long distance relationship and she said if we was still single that we would get together she we were 16 and I'm scared she will find someone else and I prayed that God would help me and its not working can I get some advise to not think about her as much ive gotten attached to her

Your profile says you are 13 years old, and your post indicates she is 16. If that is the case, she's probably too old for you to be thinking about.  Pursue your other interests - maybe you have some goals you'd like to achieve. Maybe there are some things you enjoy doing. Make sure you are keeping up on your studies - they are very important for when you get older. When I was your age I wanted to be a famous singer-song writer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

10 hours ago, 4everyume said:

If you feel prayers are being unanswered, it's a good indication that you need to wait. Being thirteen is far too young to be taking romantic relationships seriously. God bless you. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

This is one of those things where you need to step outside of yourself, look at yourself, and try to honestly answer, "is this the best thing for me?" I concur with the other posts, you should not be seeking out girls at your age.

I realize it's not nearly so simple. I was a young man once, too. Well, a younger man, I guess (ain't old yet). It's hard when your hormones are through the roof and girls are walking around in low-cut shirts and short shorts. You want to do your homework but that redhead exchange student's backside just won't get out of your thoughts. It's much easier said than done to try and focus on other things.

All I ask you to do is trust us in that, fighting that and waiting until you're older is what's wisest. It might not seem like it now, but there's more to life. Women and relationships are overrated, trust me. They're great, but also not great, you know?

16 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Your profile says you are 13 years old, and your post indicates she is 16. If that is the case, she's probably too old for you to be thinking about.  Pursue your other interests - maybe you have some goals you'd like to achieve. Maybe there are some things you enjoy doing. Make sure you are keeping up on your studies - they are very important for when you get older. When I was your age I wanted to be a famous singer-song writer.

Shes 12 im 13 she said we had to wait till we was 16 to date but if we found anyone else we could get with them

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

1 hour ago, 4everyume said:

Shes 12 im 13 she said we had to wait till we was 16 to date but if we found anyone else we could get with them

Let your parents know. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, 4everyume said:

12 and 13 are too young to date or even to think romantically about someone.   Put this relationship in God's hands.   If it's a relationship that is meant to be, it will all work out in God's timing.

In the meantime, do other activities that you enjoy, including fellowshipping with other young people at your church.   Nurture your relationship with God, and then when it's time to date you will be prepared.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, 4everyume said:

You're awfully young to be worrying about this sort of thing. I'd suggest you start praying to God about it. Remember what the Apostle Paul taught us in 1 Thessalonians 5:17: Pray constantly.

On 10/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, BeauJangles said:

If you feel prayers are being unanswered, it's a good indication that you need to wait. Being thirteen is far too young to be taking romantic relationships seriously. God bless you. 

Could you pray that I wont experience these feelings no more cause their making me miserable

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 hours ago, 4everyume said:

Could you pray that I wont experience these feelings no more cause their making me miserable

Of course I will. Just because you are young doesn't make you exempt from having feelings of love. Sadness can be devastating when the other person no longer reciprocates those feelings back, and it's very difficult growing from childhood to young adulthood in general. I remember how disappointing these experiences were for me when I was the same age. My heart goes out to you and am keeping these concerns in my prayers. God bless you, bro. 

• Thumbs Up 1