• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

1 minute ago, Abby-Joy said:

I always look for an opportunity to share my father's testimony of salvation when we are nearing Thanksgiving. This is his legacy now ...a new creation in Christ... praise God!!

I think that testimony should be heard by all. This is the word of God jumping right off the page and in our faces. I can only imagine the joy your dad had in knowing he would be meeting our Lord face to face. I am doing everything in my power not to cry(I’m in public lol) right now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, saved34 said:

I think that testimony should be heard by all. This is the word of God jumping right off the page and in our faces. I can only imagine the joy your dad had in knowing he would be meeting our Lord face to face. I am doing everything in my power not to cry(I’m in public lol) right now.

let er rip I always say … 

• Haha 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

I believe if we saw a sliver of a quark of the holiness of God, we would fall utterly amazed that any one of us could be saved; and if we saw a sliver of the love of God, we would be amazed that anyone would not be.

Seems that folks tend to judge people by the sins of the flesh because they are easy to see; but the sins of the heart, conveniently hidden, are equally deadly- like pride and self-righteousness. Interesting that the hidden sins often manifest themselves in the judgement of others.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Abby-Joy said:

I truly love this, and that my father's testimony is a witness of Jesus Christ and just how far He went to redeem us back to our Heavenly Father!

Atheists always want “ proof” that God exists......I always tell them the only proof that they are going to get is in CHANGED LIVES......here is an excellant example of that Truth.....Atheists are free to accept it or reject- it’s all they get.....not trying to go off topic , I just thought this was a good opportunity to throw this out there...

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, I couldn't read back over that without crying ...it's hard to describe the heart yearning of a child to have their daddy's love...maybe many of you can relate. I'm so grateful that God restored to me what satan tried so hard to steal. He (satan) can't EVER touch this gift or take it away!!! :)

My heart has completely melted Abby ? I am overwhelmed with thankfulness to God for what He has done in your life and the life of your dad...wow...I'm sure that was totally emotional for you to go over again and share with everyone here. You are an inspiration by the amazing grace of our wonderful merciful Father God! Only God could do something like this in a person's life...if it wasn't for God we would all be thinking like 'noblessed' but what a gracious merciful loving forgiving God we serve! From the bottom of my heart thank you Abby I can just imagine how many lives God will transform through what He has done in yours ???

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Wow, I couldn't read back over that without crying ...it's hard to describe the heart yearning of a child to have their daddy's love...maybe many of you can relate. I'm so grateful that God restored to me what satan tried so hard to steal. He (satan) can't EVER touch this gift or take it away!!! :)

I can barely see my keyboard to type.  My screen name, lftc, is for Looking For The City whose architect and builder is God.  This is the foundation.  There is Love, it is not just a false belief or a story from Wurmbrand about the real love he saw (as much as I appreciate those).

I see why you are under attack.  This is what the kingdom of satan, this world, hates. True Love, True Forgiveness, the risen Christ living in real people.

You inspire me to keep trying to be like Jesus.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, nobleseed said:

Jesus said it was a unforgivable sin.  if u go through the bible u will find evidence of others.  and do u really thing God will forgive someone for raping a child, if u do u do not know who he is

I think nosebleed, everyone here can feel your passion for justice to someone who would abuse a little child.
I myself do not honestly know what I would do if I caught someone abusing one of my little grandchildren.
But that's thinking with uncontrolled emotion, or the flesh.
As believers we must use God's word to gain direction for our actions.
You will never hear me say" There's some things I would never do"
I am aware, as I feel you are too, our spirit may be strong, but our flesh is weak.
"There but by the grace of God, go I"
If anyone cries out to God for forgiveness, He will hear them.

Isaiah 1:18

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

1 minute ago, Abby-Joy said:

This is very humbling, because I fall short so often .

We all fall short, all the time.  If I have any intellectual skills, I use them to move towards the Cross of Christ, the understanding that we have all sinned and all sin now.  We have our rating systems as to what is OK to sin at and what is not, but God has one that he laid out that makes our systems evil.  The beauty is that once we come to that place of belief, we can see the Majestic Towering Monument that is the Cross, reaching to the Heavens and dwarfing all human vile behavior.  Then we understand: Jesus can not be defeated.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

Unless a person denies Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior they can be saved.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

Abby, you have truly touched my heart with your posts.  What a beautiful story of transformation for your dad.

My cousin went through similar abuse from her dad (my uncle) for many years into her early adolescence. Thankfully, with repentance, the Lord has forgiven him and he continues to be a faithful believer in and follower of Christ in all he does. 

Thank you for sharing this deeply personal story. God bless you.

your sister in Christ,

-- Michelle

• Loved it! 2