• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, nobleseed said:

its funny when it comes to God and understanding the bible how logic and sense go out the window.  a lot of people draw some strange conclusions and have even stranger beliefs.  they even believe stuff the bible says not to, like Jesus was an angel (Hebrews), or that Jesus was active before he was even born.  God is a logical God and he has given us the ability to reason(though obviously not to all) and to me the bible has to make sense or else it has not credibility at all.

Hi, who was it that walked in the Garden of Eden? could not be the Father as no one has ever seen Him. Not the Holy Spirit as we can only see his fruit. Who met with Moses face to face like a friend. Again the Father and Holy Spirit are both ruled out. Every time the Lord appeared to someone it was Christ who did it. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

On 10/12/2019 at 11:45 AM, nobleseed said:
On 10/12/2019 at 11:41 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi, well does the Bible make sense ( to you ), or not?

yes it does or else i would not believe it

@nobleseed

You appear to be saying that if the Bible does not measure up to your systems of logic, you reject it?   Is that true?

Is that why you have not responded to the logic question I asked on the previous page in this topic?

Edited by lftc

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,038
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

NO LOGIC

JOHN 14:6 JESUS saith unto him --I AM THE WAY -- THE TRUTH -- AND THE LIFE -- no man cometh unto THE FATHER but by ME 

ROMANS 14:1 HIM THAT IS WEAK IN THE FAITH RECEIVE YE --- BUT NOT TO DOUBTFUL DISPUTATIONS 

JOHN 18:37 pilate therefore said unto him art thou a king then **JESUS** answered thou sayest that I am a king to this end was I born and for this cause came I into the world that I should bear witness unto the truth --- everyone that is of the truth heareth --MY VOICE--

ROMAS 10:17 SO THEN FAITH COMETH BY HEARING AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD

JOHN 1:14 and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld --HIS GLORY-- the glory as of the only begotten of THE FATHER ---FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH

PROVERBS 8:7 FOR ---MY MOUTH--- SHALL SPEAK TRUTH AND WICKEDNESS IS AN ABOMINATION TO MY LIPS --8:8-- ALL THE WORDS OF ---MY MOUTH ARE IN RIGHTEOUSNESS THERE IS NOTHING FROWARD OR PERVERSE IN THEM

PROVERBS 12:17 he that speaketh truth showeth forth righteousness but a false witness deceit

PROVERBS 8:20 I lead in --THE WAY-- of righteousness in the midst of the paths of judgement

3 JOHN 1:3 FOR I REJOICED GREATLY WHEN THE BRETHREN CAME AND TESTIFIED OF THE TRUTH THAT IS IN THEE EVEN AS THOU WALKEST IN TRUTH ---1:4--- I HAVE NO GREATER JOY THAN TO HEAR THAT MY CHILDREN WALK IN TRUTH

COLOSSIANS 1:5 FOR THE HOPE WHICH IS LAID UP FOR YOU IN HEAVEN WHEREOF YOU HEARD BEFORE IN THE WORD OF THE TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL --1:6-- WHICH IS COME UNTO YOU AS IT IS IN ALL THE WORLD AND BRINGETH FORTH FRUIT AS IT DOES ALSO IN YOU SINCE THE DAY YOU HEARD OF IT AND KNEW THE GRACE OF GOD ---IN TRUTH--

LOVING THE LORD JESUS  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/12/2019 at 4:11 AM, nobleseed said:

its funny when it comes to God and understanding the bible how logic and sense go out the window.  a lot of people draw some strange conclusions and have even stranger beliefs.  they even believe stuff the bible says not to, like Jesus was an angel (Hebrews), or that Jesus was active before he was even born.  God is a logical God and he has given us the ability to reason(though obviously not to all) and to me the bible has to make sense or else it has not credibility at all.

Just live our lives by what God tells us in the Bible. Don't take the words of the Bible and give them your own meaning. As I wonder around in this world what I see makes me very, very sad. 

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Just live our lives by what God tells us in the Bible. Don't take the words of the Bible and give them your own meaning. As I wonder around in this world what I see makes me very, very sad. 

i never do

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 10/12/2019 at 10:11 PM, nobleseed said:

@nobleseed, Truth has no need for logic or reason to be. It is only the human body-mind which seeks explanations of the world it is in. All our logic and reasoning is a fabricated story about this visible world, or universe. Logic and reason is not required with the Truth, for the truth is obvious, doubtless, indisputable, and undeniable. Knowledge is a worldly (visible)  concept, and 'knowing' without need for reason or understanding, is a spiritual (invisible) concept. That is why unconditional faith is required to discern (know) the truth.

• Group:  Members *
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

3 hours ago, Raven said:

@nobleseed, Truth has no need for logic or reason to be. It is only the human body-mind which seeks explanations of the world it is in. All our logic and reasoning is a fabricated story about this visible world, or universe. Logic and reason is not required with the Truth, for the truth is obvious, doubtless, indisputable, and undeniable. Knowledge is a worldly (visible)  concept, and 'knowing' without need for reason or understanding, is a spiritual (invisible) concept. That is why unconditional faith is required to discern (know) the truth.

truth is alway logical and there is no truth without understanding, or knowledge without wisdom.  i do not know what bible u are reading but things that do not make sense are never true

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

@nobleseed

I'm not comfortable with releasing my logical mind either, but I do, for a few reasons.

The first reason is that life experience has humbled me. If you put your faith in your own ability to reason, but that path leads you into death, darkness and decrease, why continue on that path? If simple faith in God leads you into life, light and increase, why shouldn't that experience be what gives scriptures credibility for us, regardless of our own ability to comprehend it? This was not always my thinking on the subject, but life has taken away my faith in my own logic, and I've come to regard a simple, childlike trust as more valuable in connecting intimately with our Creator, and the life He intends to see us thrive in.

Secondly, one of the things I think about regarding logic and scripture is the likelihood that we don't actually have access to all the premises needed to arrive at sound inferences or conclusions. If God has access to knowledge we don't about us, the universe, and Himself, then it seems likely that we would not be able to arrive at logically sound conclusions, since we lack access to the necessary premises. Trusting that the One who does have access to those universal truths has our best interests in mind makes it reasonable to release the need to judge the credibility of scripture by our own ability to understand it logically.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

59 minutes ago, nobleseed said:

truth is alway logical and there is no truth without understanding, or knowledge without wisdom.  i do not know what bible u are reading but things that do not make sense are never true

God is Truth. From what you are saying is that you understand God, but you do not understand what I am saying.

Wisdom is not contained by knowledge, but contains knowledge.

Have you ever read anything that did not make sense and then later discovered that it does make sense? If so, how can you say that the first was not true, when later it proved to be true.