IGNORED

What did it happen in Matthew 27:52-53 ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,207
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

1 minute ago, Raven said:

God is Truth.

The veil didn't cover God either.

The veil separated LAW & MERCY from the people and only allowed the High Priest access once per year.

The ark of LAW and its lid, called the Mercy seat represented LAW AND GRACE.  These are aspects of God, not God Himself.

READ THE BIBLE.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

The two Seraphs were the throne guardians. The Throne of the Most High... a symbol of a heavenly thing.

Choir loft is quite correct in what he says.

Atoning Blood was a purifying, sanctifying and purging item. Blood always belongs to God alone.
Yeshua's blood made the way pure thru the torn veil to the Holy of Holies.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

8 hours ago, choir loft said:

... READ THE BIBLE ...

Discern the bible.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Only temporary resurrections are chronicled in the gospels.   Matthew 27 as quoted above is one of them.  The resurrection of Lazarus, Jairus' daughter and the young man resurrected directly by Jesus are other examples.   In all cases the individuals involved died again.  That they were raised from certain death is a demonstration of the power of God upon the earth and in the lives of people.  

Hello. Thank you everyone for your participation.
I agree with the answer of Choir loft, I think this verse represents a miracle or sign to testify the impact of the event on the cross.
However, I continue to have doubts about this event, a problem of faith and interpretation, if I have to read literally or symbolically this verse.

May the Eternal guides us.
Coemgen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/12/2019 at 3:50 PM, Coemgen said:

Good evening,

Mathew 27:51  And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 
Mathew 27:52  And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 
Mathew 27:53  And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. 

These events seem to occur just after the temple veil was torn. Are these verses original? Can we literally read this passage?
Ieshoua (Jesus) is the first born of the creature, among many brothers. The bodies of these saints saw corruption, how were they seen in the city.....

Thank you for your comments.

Hi Coemgen,

Your questions would take a whole lot of explaining; for brevity I'm omitting supporting scripture and answering from memory. This is only a personal opinion and my hermeneutic views.

Matthew 27:51. The vail in the Temple was torn from top to bottom as a sign that we can now access God personally, one on one, through the Lord Jesus Christ. The law was made obsolete, no more Temple sacrifices or Temple priests needed. Jesus fulfilled the sacrifice once and for all with His finished work. There are no more barriers between Him and us.

Matthew 27: 52-53. Prior to Jesus resurrection Saints didn't go to Heaven. As illustrated with Lazarus and the rich man [parables don't use proper names], people went to Hades in the earth [a temporary holding area]. There were two sides of Hades divided by a great gulf. One side of Hades was called paradise and Abraham's bosom, where they were comforted until the completion of Christ's work on the cross. Remember the criminal also being crucified next to Jesus whom believed in Him? Jesus told him, "today you will be with me in paradise". Paradise was not Heaven. At Jesus's death He descended into the earth and preached to captivity [probably the Gospel to those in the paradise side]. He lead captivity captive, meaning as I believe, those on Abraham's bosom's side out of there to Heaven. The torment side still remains as a holding cell if you will, reserved for the Great White Thrown Judgment at the end of the millennium. 

It's a mystery to me of who and how many were resurrected and allowed to visit their families, friends and loved ones and how long. I highly suspect this event was for a witness of what Jesus had done on the Cross and conquered death forever.

Again there's many opinions on this, and the above is only my understanding.

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/29/2019 at 6:44 PM, Coemgen said:

Hello. Thank you everyone for your participation.
I agree with the answer of Choir loft, I think this verse represents a miracle or sign to testify the impact of the event on the cross.
However, I continue to have doubts about this event, a problem of faith and interpretation, if I have to read literally or symbolically this verse.

May the Eternal guides us.
Coemgen

Which event?   The splitting of the veil or the resurrection of Christ from the grave?

The gospels chronicle the events surrounding the life, ministry, death and resurrection of Jesus.   The LAW and Prophets tell us why these things were necessary.  Protestants generally do not know the LAW and its requirements and are thus only partially educated in the meaning of what happened during observance of that particular Pesach when Jesus died and was resurrected.  

What is the meaning of Pesach? Do you know the mystery behind it?  (Hint: Read the book of Exodus)

If you know the mystery of Pesach, then you will understand the meaning of Jesus' death upon the cross.  If you know the LAW, then you will understand the mystery of the splitting of the veil in the Holy Place.  According to the historian Josephus, the veil of the temple was FOUR INCHES THICK.  It was replaced annually.  The tearing of the veil wasn't a rip in something tissue thin.  It was a deliberate act of the hand of God.

The gospels were not the only place where the death of Jesus was chronicled.   

The Jewish historian Josephus as well as several secular historians such as Tacitus, Sarapion, Suetonious, Pliny the younger, Thallus, Phlegon of Tralles, Philo and Celsus to name a few write of amazing events throughout the Roman empire.  It is written, for example, that earthquakes and terrible atmospheric disturbances were observed as far west as the city of Rome itself.

There are more detailed records of the life death and resurrection of Jesus Christ than of Julius Caesar.  Nobody challenges the historic record of Caesar.   If we didn't have the gospel accounts, the secular accounts would be more than sufficient to provide evidence of the hand of God in the small province of Judea two thousand years ago.

The problem isn't evidence, it's the suppression of it.

Consider yourself guided.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Edited by choir loft
quotations

On 10/20/2019 at 11:39 AM, Raven said:

God is Truth.

The Bible explains the purpose of the veil.  

It separated the people from God's LAW and MERCY, symbolized by the ark of the covenant (LAW) and its lid - the mercy seat (GRACE), hidden within the Holy of Holies.  Only the high priest, the Cohen HaGadol, was allowed access behind the veil and then only once per year.

The nature of God (TRUTH) isn't the issue being discussed - the issue at hand.  Your brief use of the word truth suggests that God's truth was always open and available to everyone at all times, even those years prior to Jesus' death.  

It was not generally available.  

It was available ONLY via the Law (Torah) and the Prophets (Tanakh) as explained by the prophets.  Additionally, the limited revelations of truth were only available to Jews.  In many cases God's revelations took the form of object lessons - historic events meant to teach a lesson.  Read the Old Testament.  It happens again and again and again and again and again.

The issue of the veil addresses access to LAW and MERCY/GRACE by all.   Access was restricted until the death of Christ, as symbolized by the splitting of the veil.

Jesus is now our Cohen HaGadol.  (Read the book of Hebrews)  Jesus is the truth and those who surrender to Him know the truth because HE has opened it to us through His LAW and MERCY.

On the other hand, those that continue to rely upon religious slogans and buzz words know not the truth.  Like a parrot they make sounds like words, but know not their meaning.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

The text is original.

• 7 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 10/12/2019 at 9:50 PM, Coemgen said:

Good evening,

Mathew 27:51  And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 
Mathew 27:52  And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 
Mathew 27:53  And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. 

These events seem to occur just after the temple veil was torn. Are these verses original? Can we literally read this passage?
Ieshoua (Jesus) is the first born of the creature, among many brothers. The bodies of these saints saw corruption, how were they seen in the city.....

Its hard to understand in nature, but i think it was meant to be understood literally. It can be seen as symbolic and superficial too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/12/2019 at 1:50 PM, Coemgen said:

Good evening,

Yes, most everything in the Bible should be taken literally.