• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

There's an old military idiom I know most have heard in passing, "War is Hell". No it's not, not even remotely close.

Well then, how would you describe war?........
(Remember being told Viet Nam was not a war. Just a conflict, a police action.)
That's why we received extra combat pay, a dollar fifty per day extra.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, Sower said:

(Remember being told Viet Nam was not a war. Just a conflict, a police action.)

How about a Culture Exchanges ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,207
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 10/15/2019 at 10:01 AM, Dennis1209 said:

I generally seldom if ever talk about my military experiences to anyone. Even the infrequent occasions I would write home, what could I say? I intended to keep this thread upbeat and tell interesting war stories and fairy tales so to speak, and how the Lord protected us and what He did for us. Not to bring back bad memories and old wounds.

At my ripe old age I think I ponder on things too much. I've heard many testimonies about people whom faced sudden imminent immediate death and no way out, they were certain this was the end of their existence. Many claim their whole entire lives flashed before them in detail in a twinkling of an eye. I can believe that. Does the twinkling of an eye remind us of something? The thief on the cross next to Jesus didn't have much time to live, he certainly had no time to demonstrate he repented of his sins, yet he was saved by the Grace of God. I've wondered, in that final second before one meets his or her eternal fate, if they called out to Jesus sincerely to save them???

It's been my experience that when a heart is hardened in life there is rarely a change in attitude even on one's death bed.   I have witnessed such things happen, but they are indeed rare.

I've tried to tell of things Christ did for me and those in my unit that saved lives in serious danger.  When God acts in such ways I believe they are more spectacular than the danger itself.  

Unfortunately even Christians are very jaded these days.  Attempts to share stories of deliverance often fall on ears that are plugged with disbelief - even in the church.   When a man has no personal experience with a thing, such as a civilian who has never gone in harm's way, they tend to doubt one's word as being overly boastful - even when I've forgotten a lot of the details.

The wonderful thing is that Christ is there to save "in every way a man can be saved" as the line from TITANIC goes.

There is little faith in such stories these days because there is little faith.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Thumbs Up 1