IGNORED

Are there any Christian metal bands that are actually good?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with whoever said Stryper. I wouldn't call them death metal or screamers or anything (i don't like that type), but if you're looking for some harder stuff with a lot of guitar and strong godly lyrics, they'd be the closest. Especially their newer stuff. 7eventh Time Down and Nine Lashes are also some of my favorites.

Stryper

- Yahweh

- King of Kings

- Take it to the Cross

7eventh Time Down

- Alive in You

- Religious and Famous

- Wait for You

Nine Lashes

- Breaking Out

- Break the World

- Anthem of the Lonely

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 10/13/2019 at 7:25 AM, AngelInTraining93 said:

Maybe I should have posted this under Christian music? I'm too lazy to go all the way back...

I LOVE As I Lay Dying but they are the only Christian metal band I know of that I actually like. I mean I like Holy Soldier and Jerusalem, but sometimes I just need to get in touch with emotions that only fast, heavy, intense metal can bring out. When I was into Satanism there was a wider selection of metal, but now that I have become a Christian there are fewer metal bands I'm willing to listen to. 

Any fans of hardcore music on this forum? I would love to know some of your favorite Christian metal bands. 

The problem with pseudo-Christian music of any type is the publishers, the record labels.    Christian music has become humanistic and secularized.  Genre is not a factor.  In many cases the Name of the Lord isn't mentioned at all.  This is due to commercial issues and the corporate organization of record companies.

Several decades ago, record labels were more or less independent.   A new group could and often did get air time for their tunes by impressing local radio stations to play their compositions.   The tunes got air time and the general population got the opportunity to approve or disapprove.  This is not the case today.

Today the giant conglomerates own the air waves, the internet sites and record companies.  Licensing is strictly enforced.   The arrangement encourages record companies to influence proven groups to produce more music and discourages new groups from marketing their creations.  Large companies do NOT like risk.  Therefore they regurgitate stuff that is known to $ell.   Additionally, the mention of the Name of Jesus is seen to be divisive and has been restricted.   Religious messages are likewise attenuated due to possible public reaction against lyrics that encourage repentance and devotion to the Cross of Christ and/or moral themes.    It's capitalism as only America can make it.

I personally dislike heavy metal, but what I like or dislike isn't the issue.  The issue is money - and the big producers want all of it they can get.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 10/18/2019 at 1:08 PM, Isaiah43:25 said:

I agree with whoever said Stryper. I wouldn't call them death metal or screamers or anything (i don't like that type), but if you're looking for some harder stuff with a lot of guitar and strong godly lyrics, they'd be the closest.

I liked them also. They did get some radio play on the most popular secular FM station here as well. It was said at concerts, the guys from the band tossed out pocket sized bibles into the crowd. Not a bad effort for the sake of the Gospel. They fit right in there with other hard rock ballad groups with the spandex, makeup, and lacquered teased hair. A very talented bunch of musicians with good vocals. "Calling on You" was one their best tracks I recall.  

• 8 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 10/13/2019 at 12:25 PM, AngelInTraining93 said:

Maybe I should have posted this under Christian music? I'm too lazy to go all the way back...

I LOVE As I Lay Dying but they are the only Christian metal band I know of that I actually like. I mean I like Holy Soldier and Jerusalem, but sometimes I just need to get in touch with emotions that only fast, heavy, intense metal can bring out. When I was into Satanism there was a wider selection of metal, but now that I have become a Christian there are fewer metal bands I'm willing to listen to. 

Any fans of hardcore music on this forum? I would love to know some of your favorite Christian metal bands. 

Fozzy is good. Chris Jericho's band.