• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,190
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

I'm not sure where to post this item, but am sure some moderator will take a hand if it displeases him.

The Netflix series STRANGER THINGS was initially released a few years ago and was well received by the public.  The kid actors were very good and the plot was interesting as well as mildly creative.

The series was so successful that Netflix commissioned a second season.  The second season was a little predictable, but by then the viewers were familiar with the kids and adult characters and watched intently.

Season 3 began with the same cast, albeit a bit older as most of them are now High School age.    I watched as a fan and concluded the series this time mostly because I wanted to see how it came out.  I was NOT, however, pleased with the treatment of the characters - the kids.

STRANGER THINGS 3 is replete with severe violence.  In some scenes this included torture of the children.   In other scenes it displayed extreme physical assaults against the children. 

I suppose it's my fault for watching, but by the time the violence was shown (episode 6 of 8 I think) I was already into the plot development.   If someone had warned me before watching it, I wouldn't have begun the third season.

I recommend NOT watching STRANGER THINGS 3 even if you're a fan of the first two seasons.   If you want to watch the show, watch the first two seasons again.

If word of mouth can serve to curtail a show, than let this be a start.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

PS  Netflix has said a season 4 is in the works.

Edited by choir loft

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I've noticed this with a lot of series, be it Netflix or another venue.  They get you hooked, then they toss the script to the enemy for his bidding.  This is the main reason I no longer follow any secular series.  The more you watch, the more sin you see portrayed.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, choir loft said:

I'm not sure where to post this item, but am sure some moderator will take a hand if it displeases him.

The Netflix series STRANGER THINGS was initially released a few years ago and was well received by the public.  The kid actors were very good and the plot was interesting as well as mildly creative.

The series was so successful that Netflix commissioned a second season.  The second season was a little predictable, but by then the viewers were familiar with the kids and adult characters and watched intently.

Season 3 began with the same cast, albeit a bit older as most of them are now High School age.    I watched as a fan and concluded the series this time mostly because I wanted to see how it came out.  I was NOT, however, pleased with the treatment of the characters - the kids.

STRANGER THINGS 3 is replete with severe violence.  In some scenes this included torture of the children.   In other scenes it displayed extreme physical assaults against the children. 

I suppose it's my fault for watching, but by the time the violence was shown (episode 6 of 8 I think) I was already into the plot development.   If someone had warned me before watching it, I wouldn't have begun the third season.

I recommend NOT watching STRANGER THINGS 3 even if you're a fan of the first two seasons.   If you want to watch the show, watch the first two seasons again.

If word of mouth can serve to curtail a show, than let this be a start.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

PS  Netflix has said a season 4 is in the works.

I don't have a television. I decided years ago not to become desensitized to secular media and secular books. Just one way for a Christian to separate themselves from the world. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Good idea, except for the News.  We’ve got to watch what’s happening in the world for signs of the end times. 
75E5ED8F-2C79-4B84-A45D-CED2BD6A21E7.gif.4d23c66fb4430fd74b2fa4af6ddf6393.gif  

There are computers that we can view the news. The news has gotten so bad I don't go on it very often anymore. God is in control of this world I am very ok with that. When Jesus Christ raptures those born again Christians on this earth I will instantly be gone. That is all I need to know. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Well. You don't like it. Don't watch it. I myself have no issue with it and am looking forward to season 4. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

10 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well. You don't like it. Don't watch it. I myself have no issue with it and am looking forward to season 4. 

Gotta say I agree. I like season 3 the best. As far as violence I know how to separate fantasy violence from real life violence, as my friend was brutally murdered in front of my door. I’ve seen people shot in real life. It’s nothing like actors acting like they are being killed.

I understand everything is not for everybody. If it grieves you then it’s probably not healthy to watch.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

7 hours ago, choir loft said:

Violence intices. It titillates and it seems to grow on people like moss on a rock. As long as there's a demand for violence, it will continue to get ratings to remain on the air.  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  11

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I decided years ago not to become desensitized to secular media and secular books. Just one way for a Christian to separate themselves from the world. 

I'm like missmuffet in this. We do have tv because of my dh, but while he watches, I work on my computer -- armored with earphones if he is watching programs like the one featured in this thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

i was meaning to watch this show in general.

but im not sure if i should? if it were wanting to claim that mkultra was real and what it does to people i could consider it but sometimes i wonder if its meant to mock?

i feel like national treasure movie is there to make you doubt illuminati is real