choir loft

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Ya, Netflix does that. The shows they have on these days are reproachable. Some of the documentaries are quite nicely done and clean though.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 10/13/2019 at 7:14 PM, Abby-Joy said:
Many aspects of MK Ultra were drawn upon in the creation of this series.  I watched the first season and recognized things right away that are common experiences within MK Ultra. 

I assume you are referring to CIA mind control experiments rather than the Bay Area band of the '90s.

I hadn't made the connection between STRANGER THINGS episodes and MK Ultra.   Very interesting perspective.

What things?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

On 10/13/2019 at 10:02 PM, preciouspearl said:

i was meaning to watch this show in general.

but im not sure if i should? if it were wanting to claim that mkultra was real and what it does to people i could consider it but sometimes i wonder if its meant to mock?

i feel like national treasure movie is there to make you doubt illuminati is real

It has been said that in every legend there is a seed of truth.

Movies and popular books have been based on those seeds, however radical or strange they may seem to be.  

MK Ultra, or whatever its official designation might have been was real enough.  The fact that civilians have heard the rumor of it is significant.   The intelligence community was and remains capable of terrible inhuman designs and acts.   Civilians generally disbelieve even the idea it might be true because they are so far beyond the normal flow of everyday life.

I once met a CIA field agent during my time in the military.   He actually had a 'flavor' or 'aroma of personality' I had never encountered.  He put the lives of every man in my unit at risk and except for the grace of God none of us would have survived.   Yet if I tell the story very few non-veterans would believe such things went on in the world - by our own government.  I later heard a description of that sort of personality and 'aura' if you will believe it.  They are not called spooks for nothing.  They literally smell of it.  They do spookish things that reduce human lives to zero value.  I know this to be true because I lived it.   Most Americans have no idea what this means.  Even the worst of us cannot imagine the depths of their depravity.

Tales of the illuminati are likewise based on real groups of real people with real addresses and phone numbers and families.   The closest most descriptive rendering of who and what these people are and how they operate have been described in a few extremely important books;   

THE POWER ELITE by C. Wright Mills was published in the 1950's and was widely read even among world leaders.  It describes the rise of separate social classes in America from colonial times to the mid-20th century and how power has gradually settled into the hands of non-elected groups and how those groups grew in power.  This book uses sociological language and can be a bit dry at times.

THE DEEP STATE by Mike Lofgren takes the situation into the twenty-first century and picks up where the Mills book left off.  It is chilling and its message and definitions have been deliberately confused by those who do not want Americans to understand the basic structure of that which is redefining America.   Social groups in the United States congealed into three vast power groups; the military-industrial complex mentioned by President Eisenhower in his last message to the American people, the intelligence community later described in detail by David Talbot in THE DEVIL'S CHESSBOARD, and the financial cartel partially described by Greg Palast in THE BEST DEMOCRACY MONEY CAN BUY.  

The three basic forms of our government, POTUS Congress and SCOTUS are all subservient to the Deep State.   POTUS is no longer the most powerful office in the land - it is a mid-level management position.   It doesn't matter who sits at the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office.  He or she will do what they are told by the higher powers of the Deep State.  

The last President to try to subvert this status was John F. Kennedy and he got his head blown off for the effort.  A story is told of a congressman who encountered an agent of the intelligence community in the halls of government.  The congressman objected to some of the actions of the intelligence community and said he'd work to stop it.  The agent told him that they, the intelligence community, were in charge long before the congressman arrived and would be there long after he left.   The agent smiled and walked away.   The congressman had no retort.

Americans are not as well informed about our own society as our enemies are.  Neither do Americans seize the opportunity to study and consider how these changes in our society affect our religious faith - as indeed they do to a terrible extent today.  Consequently we shall lose much of what we thought was once good as indeed much of it is already a thing of the past.

The seed that has been sown to the wind shall return to us in the whirlwind.   Watch and learn, pilgrim.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Edited by choir loft
  • This is Worthy 1

On 10/14/2019 at 7:44 AM, LadyKay said:

I am really unaware of this torture on children that the OP is talking about. I watched the whole series and I do not recall  a sean where children are being torture. While there is some violence,the series is rated TV-14 after all. 

It is common in adventure movies for people to be violently thrown across a room against a wall or other hardened object.   The character often dusts himself off and stands up to immediately rejoin the battle.  In reality, such a hit would kill cripple or seriously injure any person who suffered such a blow.  We tend to accept this sort of on-screen treatment as normal.   In ST3 and I believe episode 6 7 & 8 (The Battle of Starcourt Mall) the characters are repeatedly thrown against walls, a car and the interior walls of a shopping mall.  Is this treatment of children appropriate?     

In an earlier episode (6 I believe) the High School students are captured by Russian soldiers who tie them down and begin to execute torture treatments.   (No CIA approved water-boarding, so I guess that's ok).

This sort of violence has become so common its accepted out of hand.   I don't believe its appropriate to even consider torturing and brutalizing children as entertainment or as any other form of treatment.  

What will be acceptable next time - outright murder?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/13/2019 at 12:56 PM, Sonshine said:

Good idea, except for the News.  We’ve got to watch what’s happening in the world for signs of the end times. 
75E5ED8F-2C79-4B84-A45D-CED2BD6A21E7.gif.4d23c66fb4430fd74b2fa4af6ddf6393.gif  

Know the enemy and his tactics. Where does one find out where we're at on God's prophetic time clock? Good point!

ostrich.jpg

On 10/14/2019 at 6:44 AM, LadyKay said:

I am really unaware of this torture on children that the OP is talking about. I watched the whole series and I do not recall  a sean where children are being torture. While there is some violence,the series is rated TV-14 after all. 

Don't you think that's kind of a moot point? What would the MPG have rated it 40 - 50 years ago, or would it have even been shown. The secular worlds standards of 'decency' are just like Darwin's mind, constantly evolving, and not for the better. I haven't personally seen any of it, but I get the general picture. Picture Ward Cleaver doing to the Beaver or Wally the things mentioned in this series? Or Robert Young in "Father Knows Best". My, my, how times have a changed!

I know a person who's the same yesterday, today and forever, who's standards are not subject to evolving moral change. I believe He authored a Book with a rating of TV G, General Audiences. 

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, choir loft said:

Is this treatment of children appropriate?    

Well. No not if it was real. But I know the difference between what is real and what is not. Do you think I would jump up and cheer if this was real life and I saw someone throw a kid across the room?  No I wouldn't. I would be calling 911! I would be screaming at them to stop and try to find help! I would punch the face if need be and if I wasn't so short. I mean come on now!  

This is just so far out there I don't even know what else to say. I mean yeah if a person can not tell what is "real" and what is make believe then yeah I guess they shouldn't be watching well....anything. Not even cartoons.  But come on now. I am an adult of sound mind and understanding here.   This....well.....it maybe best I just stop right here with this. 

10 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Picture Ward Cleaver doing to the Beaver or Wally the things mentioned in this series? Or Robert Young in "Father Knows Best". My, my, how times have a changed!

Didn't any of you people watch westerns growing up? I mean people got shot on "Gun Smoke". They even died. Well in the show not in real life I mean. You all had John Wayne and I am sure he tossed some people out the salon doors and throw them over the bar and then the bar maid hit then on the head with a bottle.  I've seen a lot of John Wayne movies and he had some violent ones . 

I grew up watching westerns. So I know this stuff went on.  So don't be telling me that tv back then  was all about Beaver and Wally. Because I know it wasn't.  

5 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Didn't any of you people watch westerns growing up? I mean people got shot on "Gun Smoke". They even died. Well in the show not in real life I mean. You all had John Wayne and I am sure he tossed some people out the salon doors and throw them over the bar and then the bar maid hit then on the head with a bottle.  I've seen a lot of John Wayne movies and he had some violent ones . 

I grew up watching westerns. So I know this stuff went on.  So don't be telling me that tv back then  was all about Beaver and Wally. Because I know it wasn't.  

Oh, the ones with the guys wearing the white hats and black hats and moral stories with right and wrong? Those westerns??? Okay, I won't...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Abby-Joy said:

It is real, sis .....these are things I and many others have experienced. I realize you weren't aware of that and that you wouldn't stand for that happening to children.

? ah no....it was a tv show. It didn't really happen. And....  I'm confused? :noidea: