IGNORED

WILL THE BODY OF CHRIST COME BACK WITH CHRIST AT HIS COMING?

douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

49 minutes ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

What makes you think that the tribulation that Matthew 24 was talking about in the first century,  has to do with a far future fulfillment of 2,000 years  later?

I find it very odd that most Christians don't know how to read or interpret the scriptures correctly. 

JESUS PLUS NOTHING.jpg

Well, I'm not one of them. To answer your question. I don't see Jesus anywhere. I don't see the Father reigning on the throne. We find in Jeremiah that in the kingdom there will be no more tears in Israel. I don't see peace in Israel. They're constantly under attach. All of these things are indicators of the Kingdom. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Butch5 said:

Well, I'm not one of them. To answer your question. I don't see Jesus anywhere. I don't see the Father reigning on the throne. We find in Jeremiah that in the kingdom there will be no more tears in Israel. I don't see peace in Israel. They're constantly under attach. All of these things are indicators of the Kingdom. 

You don't see Jesus reigning in heaven? He is Lord of all (Eph. 1:20-22, Mat. 28:18, Heb. 1:3). Perhaps you need a refreshment course on the epistles of Paul and the book of Hebrews where Jesus who is God reigns forever. 

JESUS PLUS NOTHING.jpg

49 minutes ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

You don't see Jesus reigning in heaven? He is Lord of all (Eph. 1:20-22, Mat. 28:18, Heb. 1:3). Perhaps you need a refreshment course on the epistles of Paul and the book of Hebrews where Jesus who is God reigns forever. 

JESUS PLUS NOTHING.jpg

I don't think it's me that needs the refresher. Note what I said, "I don't see the Father reigning on the throne". Jesus doesn't reign forever, The Father does. 

24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.
 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
 27 For "He has put all things under His feet1." But when He says "all things are put under Him," it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted.
 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all. (1 Cor. 15:24-28 NKJ)

Paul clearly states that Christ will reign until all enemies are put under His feet. Then He, Christ, will turn over the Kingdom to the Father and Christ Himself will be subject unto the Father. The Father will reign forever.

I don't see the earthly Kingdom and I don't see the Father reigning on earth. So, that's why I believe the tribulation in Mathew 24 is future.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

17 hours ago, Butch5 said:

I don't think it's me that needs the refresher. Note what I said, "I don't see the Father reigning on the throne". Jesus doesn't reign forever, The Father does. 

24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.
 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
 27 For "He has put all things under His feet1." But when He says "all things are put under Him," it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted.
 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all. (1 Cor. 15:24-28 NKJ)

Paul clearly states that Christ will reign until all enemies are put under His feet. Then He, Christ, will turn over the Kingdom to the Father and Christ Himself will be subject unto the Father. The Father will reign forever.

I don't see the earthly Kingdom and I don't see the Father reigning on earth. So, that's why I believe the tribulation in Mathew 24 is future.

Have you forgotten that Jesus is God and that God has revealed Himself in three distinct persons? If Jesus is not reigning, God is not reigning  because Jesus is God. 

JESUS PLUS NOTHING.jpg

35 minutes ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

Have you forgotten that Jesus is God and that God has revealed Himself in three distinct persons? If Jesus is not reigning, God is not reigning  because Jesus is God. 

JESUS PLUS NOTHING.jpg

Oneness isn't a Binlical doctrine. Jesus is not the Father and the Father is not Jesus. Paul plainly tells us that Jesus shall reign till all enemies are put under Him. Then He will turn the Kingdom over to the Father. And, Jesus will be subject to the Father. 

Word games aren't going to change that. Jesus doesnt reign forever, the Father does.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Eph. 1:10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,

1Cor. 15:27 For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

1 hour ago, Butch5 said:

Oneness isn't a Binlical doctrine. Jesus is not the Father and the Father is not Jesus. Paul plainly tells us that Jesus shall reign till all enemies are put under Him. Then He will turn the Kingdom over to the Father. And, Jesus will be subject to the Father. 

Word games aren't going to change that. Jesus doesnt reign forever, the Father does.

Who is talking about oneness here? God is one God revealed in three distinct persons. The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. God the Father cannot be God without God the Son and God the Spirit. God the Son cannot be God without God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. God the Holy Spirit cannot be God without God the Father and God the Son. 

The Father cannot reign without the Son and the Spirit. Did you know that there is only one throne in heaven? This is Christianity 101. 

By the way, our original discussion had to do with dispensationalism. I say it again, this doctrine is false from the get-go. 

Do you care to debate me on the unbiblical teachings of dispensationalism? 

JESUS PLUS NOTHING.jpg

2 minutes ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

Who is talking about oneness here? God is one God revealed in three distinct persons. The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. God the Father cannot be God without God the Son and God the Spirit. God the Son cannot be God without God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. God the Holy Spirit cannot be God without God the Father and God the Son. 

The Father cannot reign without the Son and the Spirit. Did you know that there is only one throne in heaven? This is Christianity 101. 

By the way, our original discussion had to do with dispensationalism. I say it again, this doctrine is false from the get-go. 

Do you care to debate me on the unbiblical teachings of dispensationalism? 

JESUS PLUS NOTHING.jpg

You're opinion on God doesn't change what the Scriptires say. If there's a difference you should consider changing your opinion, not the Scriptures. Paul said that Jesus will reign till all enemies are put under His feet. Then He will give the kingdom over to the Father  and will Himslef be subject to the Father. Jesus doesn't reign forever. Jesus doesn't turn the Kingdom over to Himself. He turns it over to the Father. 

I believe you're mistaken about the discussion. I didnt say anything about Dispensationalism

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Does it make sense that the Logos (Word) without whom anything that was made was not made without Him, took human form for to bring about God's 'eternal purpose' and during that time was distinct and yet still One with the Father--when the purpose of His distinction is finished and all things are 'summed up in Him', then relinquish it all back to the Father so that God will be all in all?

However--since He is the first begotten and there are a great many more to be birthed and those birthed are the Church, the Body of Christ and the Wife--is there still need for the Husband and the Head?

These things are bigger than we are.

I suspect that the Logos will remain in His resurrected Body through the ages to come, otherwise what becomes of that immortal body?

And yet--God will still be all in all at the head of the everlasting Kingdom that comprises all that is and all that will be.

God does not change--He is the 'I am'. And yet God took human form and was crucified and rose and ascended.

Is this change without change?

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

WILL THE BODY OF CHRIST COME BACK WITH CHRIST AT HIS COMING?

Yes, it will.