• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

COLOSSIANS 1:27 TO WHOM GOD WOULD MAKE KNOWN WHAT IS THE RICHES OF THE GLORY OF THIS MYSTERY AMONG THE GENTILES --- WHICH IS CHRIST IN YOU THE HOPE OF GLORY 

COLOSSIANS 1:5 for the hope which is laid up for you in heaven whereof you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel

*****MARK 8:35 for whosoever will save his life shall lose it but whosoever shall lose his life for MY sake and the gospels the same shall save it *****

EPHESIANS 4:4 there is one body and one spirit even as you are called in one hope of your calling 

JOHN 6:63 it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life 

GALATIANS 5:5 for we through the spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith 

COLLOSSIANS 1:21 and you that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works yet now hath HE reconciled --1:22-- in the body of HIS flesh through death to present you holy unblameable and unreproveable in HIS sight 

*******1:23 ---IF YOU CONTINUE--- in the faith grounded and settled and be not moved away from --- THE HOPE OF THE GOSPEL --- which you have heard and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven whereof I paul am made a minister ******

HEBREWS 3:6 but CHRIST as a son over HIS own house whose house are we --- IF WE HOLD FAST --- the confidence and rejoicing --- OF THE HOPE --- firm to the end 

HEBREWS 6:11 and we desire that everyone of you do show the same diligence to the full assurance of --- HOPE UNTO THE END ---

PSALM 31:24 be of good courage and HE shall strengthen your heart all you that --- HOPE IN HIS MERCY 

PSLAM 33:18 BEHOLD THE EYE OF THE LORD IS UPON THEM THAT FEAR HIM UPON THEM THAT THAT HOPE IN HIS MERCY 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

PSALM 25:10 ALL THE PATHS OF THE LORD ARE MERCY AND TRUTH UNTO SUCH AS KEEP HIS COVENANT AND HIS TESTIMONIES 

LUKE 1:50 AND HIS MERCY IS ON THEM THAT FEAR HIM FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

PSALM 119:114 thou art my hiding place and my shield --- I HOPE IN THY WORD ---

PSALM 130:5 I WAIT FOR THE LORD MY SOUL DOES WAIT AND --- IN HIS WORD I DO HOPE ---

LOVING & TRUSTING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

17 minutes ago, steve morrow said:

COLOSSIANS 1:27 TO WHOM GOD WOULD MAKE KNOWN WHAT IS THE RICHES OF THE GLORY OF THIS MYSTERY AMONG THE GENTILES --- WHICH IS CHRIST IN YOU THE HOPE OF GLORY 

COLOSSIANS 1:5 for the hope which is laid up for you in heaven whereof you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel

*****MARK 8:35 for whosoever will save his life shall lose it but whosoever shall lose his life for MY sake and the gospels the same shall save it *****

EPHESIANS 4:4 there is one body and one spirit even as you are called in one hope of your calling 

JOHN 6:63 it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life 

GALATIANS 5:5 for we through the spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith 

COLLOSSIANS 1:21 and you that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works yet now hath HE reconciled --1:22-- in the body of HIS flesh through death to present you holy unblameable and unreproveable in HIS sight 

*******1:23 ---IF YOU CONTINUE--- in the faith grounded and settled and be not moved away from --- THE HOPE OF THE GOSPEL --- which you have heard and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven whereof I paul am made a minister ******

HEBREWS 3:6 but CHRIST as a son over HIS own house whose house are we --- IF WE HOLD FAST --- the confidence and rejoicing --- OF THE HOPE --- firm to the end 

HEBREWS 6:11 and we desire that everyone of you do show the same diligence to the full assurance of --- HOPE UNTO THE END ---

PSALM 31:24 be of good courage and HE shall strengthen your heart all you that --- HOPE IN HIS MERCY 

PSLAM 33:18 BEHOLD THE EYE OF THE LORD IS UPON THEM THAT FEAR HIM UPON THEM THAT THAT HOPE IN HIS MERCY 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

PSALM 25:10 ALL THE PATHS OF THE LORD ARE MERCY AND TRUTH UNTO SUCH AS KEEP HIS COVENANT AND HIS TESTIMONIES 

LUKE 1:50 AND HIS MERCY IS ON THEM THAT FEAR HIM FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

PSALM 119:114 thou art my hiding place and my shield --- I HOPE IN THY WORD ---

PSALM 130:5 I WAIT FOR THE LORD MY SOUL DOES WAIT AND --- IN HIS WORD I DO HOPE ---

LOVING & TRUSTING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

The Message Of Hope (promised)...up there with the Message Of Salvation (rescued), the Message of Reconciliation (forgiven), and the Message of Sanctification (cleansed).

Good thread Mr. Morrow.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Hope in the return of Christ is the basis for believers to purify themselves in this life 1 John 3:3.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Anyone for belief in His commandments, to do those things that are pleasing in His sight, to hope against hope being strong in faith?

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, 

because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, 

and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.

Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in thy law.

It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.

They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word.

I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right, 

and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.

I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved; because they kept not thy word.

Thy word is true from the beginning: 

and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Lord, I have hoped for thy salvation, and done thy commandments.

Who against hope believed in hope, 

but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Psalm 119:66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.
68 Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes.
69 The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart.
70 Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in thy law.
71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.
72 The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.
73 Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.
74 They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word.
75 I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.

Psalm 119:158 I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved; because they kept not thy word.
159 Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O Lord, according to thy lovingkindness.
160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.
161 Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word.
162 I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil.
163 I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.
164 Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments.
165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
166 Lord, I have hoped for thy salvation, and done thy commandments.
167 My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly.
168 I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee.

Romans 4:7 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:
20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Romans 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Hope in the return of Christ is the basis for believers to purify themselves in this life 1 John 3:3.

That is so true.

Ezekiel 33:31 And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.32 And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not.

Isaiah 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the Lord; and I will heal him.20 But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.21 There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

Jeremiah 17:Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lordis.For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 10/13/2019 at 8:50 PM, steve morrow said:

Therefore, "5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins...make every effort to confirm your calling and election....10 For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ". 2Peter vs.1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

3 minutes ago, JTC said:

Therefore, "5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins...make every effort to confirm your calling and election....10 For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ". 2Peter vs.1

And, of course, it is the Holy Spirit in our hearts, who we receive through faith in Christ who helps enable us to do the above.   

Therefore, "5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.

to mutual affection, LOVE.

"it is the Holy Spirit in our hearts, who we receive through faith in Christ who helps enable us to do the above.   "

It is the Father in us that does the works, more than enabling.

The believers also are sent into the world the SAME as the Son was sent into the world.

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one

THAT THE LOVE WHEREWITH THOU HAST LOVED ME MAY BE IN THEM, and I in them

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have also sent them into the world.

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thouhast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

It is THIS LOVE, that was in the Son and in the Father:

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us:

and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father

1 John 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

What have we heard from the beginning ?

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked

He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him

1 John 2:He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Then does love (the love of Christ shed into our hearts through the Holy Ghost) do any evil ever ?

but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Romans 13:Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.... 9 Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness. 10 Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble. 11 But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them. 1John