IGNORED

How do you instill and practice self love& worth?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I realize my actions and mistakes are the result of how I esteem myself.  

I just want to get to a place where Im ok with myself. I feel alright..I juat wish I was confident like most people. I keep thinking the more I do or acheive the bettwr Ill fewl about myself but now Im not to sure. After I graduated. I expected to feel amazing but I didn't I just felt the same... I just feel ill just be chasing acheivements in order to feel better about myself. 

Anywho, what are some practical ways to improve self esteem or instill self love? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

56 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I just want to get to a place where Im ok with myself. I feel alright..I juat wish I was confident like most people. I keep thinking the more I do or acheive the bettwr Ill fewl about myself but now Im not to sure. After I graduated. I expected to feel amazing but I didn't I just felt the same... I just feel ill just be chasing acheivements in order to feel better about myself. 

Anywho, what are some practical ways to improve self esteem or instill self love? 

Hi Figure of eighty,

I think you will get lots of good advice when others come on the forum. For my part I suggest that the more we look at ourselves the more we know our failings our weaknesses. And often those people who seem confident are often putting on a front, so don`t measure yourself by them.

Thus said, so how to esteem yourself. I find that by appreciating the Lord more and more that my focus is on Him and not myself. Also as the Holy Spirit highlights an area or attitude that needs changing, and I repent and work on that attitude, then I realise that bit by bit I am changing and that is encouraging.

But never, never compare yourself with others, for we only see them at their `best,` in public and not really what is going on in their heads.

So look to grow and mature in the Lord, and the rest will follow.

all the best, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Your true self is okay.

Your false self (ego) is not okay, because it knows it's invalid, that is why it always seeks validity.

The humble know this, and are humble to keep ego meek. It is the humble and meek who truly know that their true self is okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

A course at Bible college taught by Rev. David Needham was on Biblical self esteem.    The basis for a Christian's self esteem or self worth is to always remember that you are a child of God through Christ.   We don't base our self esteem on what we do or accomplish because those things can be fleeting.   If you can't do those things anymore, and you have based your self esteem on them, you will suffer as a result.   So keep remembering the most important thing is that you are a child of God and God is working His purposes out in you.

faith-bible-verse.jpg.78786a96f509181fbd3b76abc6444414.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,531
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Hi, May I suggest that is not correct. It is the very flaw that causes the problem.

You may esteem yourself very highly, but by comparison to what? Another person? Yet all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. So comparing ones self to another makes little sense to me, I gave up self esteem and became washed over by awe of the mercy of God extended to me instead.

Late in life in the flesh I have come see that all is folly that man endeavors in for the profit of flesh and the high opinion  of other individuals flesh. 

Save high esteem for God, and just do as best you might  as a bond-servant to Jesus your lord God and savior. You will do well if you let the other stuff the other judgements even that of your own go by the wayside. Just do all that you do, whatever it may be, to the glory of God. Enjoy the pleasure of serving well, not as great among others but serving well to your Lord. 

Our Lord said what to the apostles as they were arguing amongst themselves as to who is the greatest of them?

..." But Jesus, knowing the reasoning of their hearts, took a child and put him by his side and said to them, “Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me. For he who is least among you all is the one who is great.”

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

8 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

There is only one way to have self-esteem: Obey the Lord's commandments.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

1. All people are created in the image of God.

2. All people are greatly loved by God.

3. Right self image is having humility in the sight of God.

4. Right self image is understanding our great need for God and His great love for us. 

Thanks. This was said perfectly to where it sinks in. Thanks.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Figure of Eighty,

I learned that I needed to stop comparing myself to others and how confident they seemed.  I  decided to put all my confidence not in self but in our all powerful, all knowing, all present and loving God. I believe that the inner peace and rightness with our own personalities self-esteem happens with we just grow our confidence in our Lord who loves me more than I love myself.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

You have some great replies that make the same basic point.

It is not our judgement of our worth or societies that matters but Gods.

Take pride in your achievements, you had to work for them and give glory to God that you were able to achieve them.