Monday mistake

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

The quotes per your request and thoughts Tzephanyahu have been removed from the post.  I stand corrected and apologize for the remark.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, appy said:

The quotes per your request and thoughts Tzephanyahu have been removed from the post.  I stand corrected and apologize for the remark.

May Yahweh bless you for a wonderful example of humility.  I have much to learn from you as I have occasionally typed things I regret but, to my shame, let them stand instead of correcting them. 

I will ensure to follow your example from now on. 

Love & Shalom to you my friend. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, nobleseed said:

people on this forum are even saying the bible does not have to make sense, that it is all taken on faith.  if we believe in nonsense then there is no truth and if what we confess makes no  sense

It never dawned on me that faith in the word of God had to be logical or it was nonsense.

Romans 1:22 22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,  KJV

1 Corinthians 1:27 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;  KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

people on this forum are even saying the bible does not have to make sense, that it is all taken on faith.

and is it not logical to believe in God and the risen savour.  nothing else makes sense.

The first verse in Hebrews 11 says “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” We get assurance and conviction from the knowledge of what God has told us in his written word. We cannot please God in any way unless we have faith. Faith is a prerequisite to pleasing God. It is an absolute requirement.  As Christians, we must have faith in the risen Savior . It isn’t just believing, it’s believing and trusting God at what He has told us in His written word. No one is saying throw your mind away and believe in someone or something blindly. But our faith grows from our knowledge of God. Jesus gave us the ultimate proof that faith in Him is the type of faith we should all have.

Hebrews 11: 6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

2 hours ago, nobleseed said:

well i think Solomon Said it the best," do not answer a fool according to his folly or else u will be like him, answer a fool according to his folly or else he will be wise in his own eyes".  and i look forward to hearing him in the life to come and u too.  i am sure we will have good conversations.

Solomon's writings were really quite profound. I wonder why the marriages to heathen wives led him idolatry in his later years? Perhaps questioning that wouldn't be too wise. 

1 Kings 11:4 4For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.  KJV

4 hours ago, nobleseed said:

and is it not logical to believe in God and the risen savour.  nothing else makes sense.

This had to be copy/pasted or it came out appearing as a quote from @appy. I take it the OP meant savior in this instance, but couldn't find it anywhere on this thread. Hopefully it isn't what looks to be a sincere statement.  

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

5 hours ago, nobleseed said:

it has become obvious to me that the christian church as a whole has not had many good teachers, that they are like little children that have not been taught properly.  people on this forum are even saying the bible does not have to make sense, that it is all taken on faith.  if we believe in nonsense then there is no truth and if what we confess makes no  sense then why would non believers listen to us.  God is a wise God and he wrote a wise book of truth and knowledge.  as it says the senseless man will never understand.  so stop u silly interpretations and understand properly with a sobre mind that is fruitful 

What leads to understanding is obeying the Lord's commandments.

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:
4 hours ago, nobleseed said:

This had to be copy/pasted or it came out appearing as a quote from @appy. I take it the OP meant savior in this instance, but couldn't find it anywhere on this thread. Hopefully it isn't what looks to be a sincere statement.  

the quote came from the following post in the "logic and sense" thread, pg 4

image.png.4d40093d7820157c45ca1602dc290026.png

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, nobleseed said:

it has become obvious to me that the christian church as a whole has not had many good teachers, that they are like little children that have not been taught properly.  people on this forum are even saying the bible does not have to make sense, that it is all taken on faith.  if we believe in nonsense then there is no truth and if what we confess makes no  sense then why would non believers listen to us.  God is a wise God and he wrote a wise book of truth and knowledge.  as it says the senseless man will never understand.  so stop u silly interpretations and understand properly with a sobre mind that is fruitful 

May I respectfully disagree.

John 20:29 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Oh yes, we have faith, but it's not a blind faith. Jesus's death, burial and resurrection was the most eye witnessed, testified to, and documented in the history of the world. In a court of law with the preponderance of the evidence, eye witness accounts and testimony along with the written record; a jury could only conclude Jesus was the Son of God and everything that Jesus did and said, did in fact occur. 

The Bible makes complete sense, and taken as a whole fits tighter than a glove on a hand. 

Revelation 19:10 (KJV) And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Creation itself alone is testimony of a creator God whom lives outside of time, only a fool would deny. Jesus is the spirit of prophecy; there are about 2,500 prophecies in the Bible, in which about 2,000 have been fulfilled 100% accurate, 100% of the time, and many historically proved. About 500 future prophecies remain to be fulfilled and are lining up and occurring as we speak. We have every reason to believe and have faith these too will come about 100% accurate, 100% on time. 

The super prophecy that was fulfilled in our generation, on May 14, 1948; Israel from exile becoming a nation once again in just one day. The odds of them just retaining their race, identity and heritage alone are astronomical, much less the other prophetic facts.

Isaiah 66:8 (KJV) Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

"Christian church as a whole has not had many good teachers"... I take exception to that. I could fill the rest of this page with excellent teachers and Godly men from our early church fathers down through the centuries to present. There has always been false prophets, heretics, profiteers of the word of God and unsaved clergy in the pulpits. It's obvious we are now living in the end of this age; seeing the apostasy occurring, the itchy ears for false doctrine, the prosperity Gospel being preached, the full fledged ecumenical movement, removing God from government, schools and every aspect of public life. Introducing legislation and passing laws calling good evil, and evil good; in the name of political correctness and inclusiveness. On and on...

We discern from reading the Bible ourselves and the Holy Spirit within us whom are teaching us the truth from the pulpit, and whom are sheep in wolves clothing leading them astray. 

• Brilliant! 1