Sign in to follow this  
Hobie_

Why Christians continue in sin, are they unconverted?

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but continually be transformed by the renewing of your minds so that you may be able to determine what God’s will is—what is proper, pleasing, and perfect. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

Colossians 3:2-6
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.  For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.  When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.  Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.  On account of these the wrath of God is coming. 

One thought at a time.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is fair, whatever is pure, whatever is acceptable, whatever is commendable, if there is anything of excellence and if there is anything praiseworthy—keep thinking about these things

• Loved it! 1

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,  idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,  envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 

Here's how this works. Which one from the list above would fit this? A thought comes in "what a babe!" "Ooo lala!" "Oh man! He's got the car I wanted!" "That can't be true!" "My dogma is true!" "I'm baptist!" "I'm catholic!" "I'm... I'm...[fill in the blank]!" Paul even says "I warned you! If you DO these things you will NOT inherit the kingdom of God" OOOPS! So much for OSAS!

Revelation 22:14-15
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.  Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. 

Now here's the other side of your coin.

Galatians 5:22-26
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.  And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.  Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. 

On 10/16/2019 at 10:02 PM, saved34 said:

The fact that you even care about missing a mark means you are converted. When you or I were in the world we could careless about God’s way. I was a flat out atheist who would get upset to hear my mother or father talk of honoring an invisible God with their lives.

I think it also has to do with this not being an ordinary life. We have enemies(including ourselves) that fight us tooth and nail. We have turned completely around in the opposite direction of the world. We go against the grain, we have satan studying our every move looking for any way to cause us to stumble. We are in constant warfare with unseen enemies everyday.

So yeah, we may lose a few skirmishes. The war is guaranteed victory; but we are constantly in battle for ourselves and our loved ones. This is no ordinary life, this is war..

1Co 15:19  If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

1Pe 5:8  Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Eph 6:11  Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

2Co 2:11  in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

If we were sitting on cloud 9 eating grapes all day, then the Wesleyan false doctrine of sinless perfection would hold some weight. Down here we fight, and sometimes we get injured. Which is why we have an Advocate, and the throne of grace

We who are in the promised land are doing battle with the inhabitants of the land.  They must all be eliminated or they will be thorns in our sides.  

Faith! It's the currency of heaven and for fulfillment of God's promises.

What is faith? Faith in Greek is pistis and means "a strong conviction of a belief as true". Think of a strong conviction in your life. "The sun will rise tomorrow" is one I think of. What about "God loves me!" For some, sure, others, not so much. So, how does one become RICH in faith?

Romans 10:17
Consequently, faith results from listening, and listening results through the word of the Messiah

Why listening? Because hearing the word of God changes our thinking and our changed thinking changes our beliefs. This is the very command to Joshua:

Joshua 1:8-9
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” 

Ah meditate. The "gurus" say "empty your mind [so the demons can influence you]" but God says meditate on God's word! Meditate in Hebrew is הגה (hagah) and its letters mean: grace, transport, grace or revelation, goes to, revelation. It literally means to murmur, to mutter under your breath. Why? Because it goes from YOUR lips to YOUR ears - and produces trust in God's promises - faith.

When someone starts to play the piano, they have to concentrate on the notes on the page, the placement of their fingers, the pressure of their fingers, the speed between the notes - a very busy brain! But after so much practice, it becomes totally automatic. Athletes call this "muscle memory" - the ability to do something WITHOUT thinking about it!

The more you mediate on the word of God instead of the things of the flesh, YOU WILL BEGIN TO SIN LESS and become SINLESS!

Oh it's a battle for the mind just like maintaining a garden - we MUST do the weeding! Else the lie of "I can't stop sinning" becomes a true IN you!

1 hour ago, Abdicate said:

1 John 3:7-10
Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.  Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.  No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of GodBy this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. 

Abdicate, are you accusing me of living unrighteously and always sinning? If you are you don't me 1 iota. I'm one of the most Godly men you'll ever meet. Even before I was saved I wasn't always popular because I wouldn't do what most Americans live to do.

Hey moderators, I say close this thread, delete it and burn the server it was on. This thread can make a devil come into almost anyone.

3 minutes ago, JTC said:

Abdicate, are you accusing me of living unrighteously and always sinning? If you are you don't me 1 iota. I'm one of the most Godly men you'll ever meet. Even before I was saved I wasn't always popular because I wouldn't do what most Americans live to do.

Hey moderators, I say close this thread, delete it and burn the server it was on. This thread can make a devil come into almost anyone.

Wow! What a leap! I quoted the word of God like you did. I said nothing more.

See how the thought entered one's thinking and came to a false conclusion and reacted the way as such? These are the thoughts of the devil to stir up division. Understanding who we are in Christ in obedience alleviates any condemnation because as the word of God says:

Galatians 5:22-26
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.  And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.  Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. 

Pride pops up as a result of the wrong thinking and actions ensue to defend what we believe as an attack.

To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Willa said:

We who are in the promised land are doing battle with the inhabitants of the land.  They must all be eliminated or they will be thorns in our sides.  

Amen @Willa

Sign in to follow this