• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, dhchristian said:

I asked this question before, because of the verses from Ezekiel, will David the King literally be resurrected to rule the world for that 1000 years? Or will Jesus who is the Son of David be that ruler? Psalm 110:1 is the verse that Jesus quoted in Luke 20:41-44 to Show that He Himself is this messiah Ben David, not a resurrected David. 

Thus Jesus is Both Lord and Messiah. Just like he is Both the Son of Man and the Son of God, Thus he is Both David the King, and The LORD who will hold the deed to the earth which is currently held by Satan as the god of this world. When You understand this, Rev. 12:11 will make a lot more sense as to what our role is in these end times.

In Other words, though Jesus will have his "surrogate" princes (David being the one over Israel) ruling the nations during the Millennium, Jesus will be both Lord of lords and King of Kings during that time. 

Hi dhchristian,

It will not be king David of old who is king over Israel in the Millennium. King David of Old is in the General Assembly awaiting his inheritance in the new heavens, the city. ` God ....has prepared for them a city.....By faith ......also of David...` (Heb. 11: 16 & 32)

The man called David who will rule over Israel in the millennium has sons that he will pass on his inheritance to. Thus he is a mortal man.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

5 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

Marilyn, it is not that the Lord will have rulership, but that He HAS rulership. He who rules in heaven rules over all creation because all creation is subject to God's rule in heaven. He is both God and Savior. Don't we call Him by the title, Lord? He is not just Lord of the church, but Lord of all creation. 

You quoted Eph. 120-21, but if you read the entire passage, Paul speaks in the past tense, "brought about in Christ", "raised Him from the dead", "seated Him at His right hand in heavenly places", and then he categorically states, "far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in the age to come." Verse 22 continues on using past preterist by saying, "He (God) put all things in subjection under His feet  and so on...

Mat. 28:18, Acts. 1:8, back it up by stating that Jesus is Lord of all creation. 

God is always the present ruler, not the future ruler because He is YHWY (I AM that I AM) Exo. 3:14. 

Agree? 

Hi Gentle-Warrior,

The Lord is at the right hand of the Father. Now although he has been given all authority He is not operating in that at the moment. It is the Father who is bringing all the nations together for judgment.

`The LORD (Father) said to my Lord, (Jesus) "Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool." (Ps. 110: 1)

That is still in the process...

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi dhchristian,

It will not be king David of old who is king over Israel in the Millennium. King David of Old is in the General Assembly awaiting his inheritance in the new heavens, the city. ` God ....has prepared for them a city.....By faith ......also of David...` (Heb. 11: 16 & 32)

The man called David who will rule over Israel in the millennium has sons that he will pass on his inheritance to. Thus he is a mortal man.

Marilyn.

I have not heard that theory before, what scriptures do you have to back up that this "new David" will have children? I just want to look in on this.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

59 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Gentle-Warrior,

The Lord is at the right hand of the Father. Now although he has been given all authority He is not operating in that at the moment. It is the Father who is bringing all the nations together for judgment.

`The LORD (Father) said to my Lord, (Jesus) "Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool." (Ps. 110: 1)

That is still in the process...

Marilyn.

To sit at the right hand of the Father means to sit on the throne. God does not have a right hand because He is a spirit. Jesus was God before He became man (Jn 1:14), He is God and God rules in heaven, unless you deny the Trinity where God, Father, Son and Spirit make up ONE GOD. 

Did you read Eph 1:20-23 or are you rejecting the word of God? 

Ephesians 1:20–23 (NASB95)

"Which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,

21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.

22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,

23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all."

As for Ps. 110:1, it took place when Jesus ascended to the throne and sat down to rule because He destroyed the works of the devil, destroyed death with His resurrection and dealt with sin forever. So, how could all things be in subjection to Jesus and not reign at all? 

To be honest with you what you said doesn't make any sense. 

JESUS PLUS NOTHING EQUALS EVERYTHING.jpg

2 hours ago, dhchristian said:

I have not heard that theory before, what scriptures do you have to back up that this "new David" will have children? I just want to look in on this.

Thanks for asking.

`...and my servant David shall be their Prince...`(Ez. 37: 25)

`If the Prince gives a gift of some of his inheritance to any of his sons,...` (Ez. 46: 16)

1 hour ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

As for Ps. 110:1, it took place when Jesus ascended to the throne and sat down to rule because He destroyed the works of the devil, destroyed death with His resurrection and dealt with sin forever. So, how could all things be in subjection to Jesus and not reign at all? 

To be honest with you what you said doesn't make any sense. 

Ps. 110:1 tells that the Father says -

Has that happened?

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  219

Come Lord Jesus, come! :) 

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Ps. 110:1 tells that the Father says -

`The LORD (Father) said to my Lord, (Jesus) "Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool." (Ps. 110: 1)

Has that happened?

Absolutely and a resounding YES. Jesus is LORD! When Jesus ascended to heaven, He sat down on the throne. Did you forget Jesus is God????

Isaiah 66:1 (NASB95)

"Thus says the Lord, “Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest?

Matthew 28:18 (NASB95) "

"And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."

Mat. 11:27, Phil. 2:9, Col. 2:10, 1Pe. 3:22, Jn 3:35, Mat. 26:64 and much, much more. 

Meditate on some of these scriptures for a while and then respond. :D :th_frusty:

32 minutes ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

Absolutely and a resounding YES. Jesus is LORD! When Jesus ascended to heaven, He sat down on the throne. Did you forget Jesus is God????

Isaiah 66:1 (NASB95)

"Thus says the Lord, “Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest?

Matthew 28:18 (NASB95) "

"And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."

Mat. 11:27, Phil. 2:9, Col. 2:10, 1Pe. 3:22, Jn 3:35, Mat. 26:64 and much, much more. 

Meditate on some of these scriptures for a while and then respond. :D :th_frusty:

Hi Gentle-Warrior,

You are a tad presumptuous & even cheeky. We need not assume people do not know something if we haven`t asked them.

The Godhead is not a mish mash, but equal, of the same mind, and in unity. However they are three separate entities, known as - Father, Son & Holy Spirit. When they operate there is a hierarchy - the Father initiates, the Son administers, & the Holy Spirit energises.

Now I have asked you -

The LORD (Father) said to my Lord, (Jesus) "Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool." (Ps. 110: 1)

Has that happened? Meaning, where do you see the nations having been brought to the Lord Jesus` feet by the Father?

Marilyn.  

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

18 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Gentle-Warrior,

You are a tad presumptuous & even cheeky. We need not assume people do not know something if we haven`t asked them.

The Godhead is not a mish mash, but equal, of the same mind, and in unity. However they are three separate entities, known as - Father, Son & Holy Spirit. When they operate there is a hierarchy - the Father initiates, the Son administers, & the Holy Spirit energises.

Now I have asked you -

The LORD (Father) said to my Lord, (Jesus) "Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool." (Ps. 110: 1)

Has that happened? Meaning, where do you see the nations having been brought to the Lord Jesus` feet by the Father?

Marilyn.  

Yes, all that happened, but no in the way most people believe. Jesus reigns in heaven and as always, He is God almighty. He created all things (Col. 1:16) and redeemed all things at the cross. 

When the word if God says that God reigns, the Son is not excluded, neither the Holy Spirit. There is only one throne in heaven, not two, and Jesus reigns in the the midst of those who oppose Him because He is Lord. 

Remember that God in His triune self is eternal, so I suggest you don't think of Jesus as being under the subjection of time and space. He is still God omnipotent and all present.

Don’t limit the attributes of God the Son. He never ceased to be God.

Edited by Gentle-Warrior