• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, Tampered With said:

So, how come most Christians believe in extra-biblical teachings? 

Does it really matter? If you do not read and study you will get a warped view of things. Read the Mesopotamian stuff that the Tanakh re-purposed. Read the TEXT of the ancients and see their world view and not yours. Folk only invent 'canons' so they have have a reason to kill you. Then read the apostles' writings and see how THEY put hooks into the Tanakh for much of what they proclaimed.

You just have to read a lot...

Generally we do not read much except the current flavor-or-the-week as espoused from the pulpits. We are so very ignorant of the deeper things and use outdated man-ology to discriminate among fellow believers.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

By the way, just for clarity. Yeshua is King of All since He is in the Divine Council Throne Room ruling over everything. ALL is put 'under His feet' - an ancient way of describing ruler-ship. Foot on the neck of the opponent meant ruler-ship over that entity. Battle done and dusted.

In heavenly places MEANS over everything, both heaven and the cosmos. Yeshua is not twiddling His thumbs on the throne. He is DOING STUFF... "as in heaven, also on earth".

It is finished - but not just yet. In God's omnipotent view, it is all done and the battle won. We on earth just have to 'catch-up'. It is happening and it is over - but not yet for us.

The Lord bides His time so that none would be lost...  It is His Family and He has no pleasure in the death or loss of anyone... For the sake of Yeshua's Sacrifice, Holy Spirit will chase down anyone needing Salvation...  it is what He does to honor the ONE AND ONLY UNIQUE ONE (monogenes)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Tampered With,

I quite understand as yes it may have looked like I was agreeing with Gentile-Warrior. I wasn`t but was pleased to go to the scripture he brought up to not only correct him but also to show that the Lord authority is from the Father in the highest heavens.

And yes the Lord will rule and reign from the throne of David in Jerusalem BUT through a regent king, king David whom the Lord appoints when He returns to deliver Israel. Did you look up those scriptures I gave you? Here they are -

`...they shall serve the Lord their God, and David their king whom I will raise up for them.` (Jer. 30: 9)

` ...and my servant David shall be their prince..` (Ez. 37: 25)

There will not be two kings on earth, the Lord and king David. The Lord will rule through Israel as He promised, but His seat of authority is in heaven. 

Marilyn.

Marylyn,

Just want to add my two cents in here. Satan Right now is the "god of this world", yet we do not see him. In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (2 Cor. 4:4)

He is in the business of blinding as the verse indicates, and as is exemplified in the Garden of Eden. People who do not see the Millennial reign of Christ as the Messiah Ben David, will easily be duped into the blinding vision of the beast and the dragon who empowers him. What I am saying is that Jesus is the Branch, the Son of David that is raised up onto the throne, "on earth as he is in heaven". The Kingdoms of this World become the Kingdoms "Of our LORD and his Christ" (Rev 11:15)

I asked this question before, because of the verses from Ezekiel, will David the King literally be resurrected to rule the world for that 1000 years? Or will Jesus who is the Son of David be that ruler? Psalm 110:1 is the verse that Jesus quoted in Luke 20:41-44 to Show that He Himself is this messiah Ben David, not a resurrected David. 

And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son? And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?  (Luke 20:41-44)

Peter then also Quotes Psalm 110:1ff at Pentecost (Acts 2:34-35) Where he makes this conclusion based on it.

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. (Acts 2:37)

Thus Jesus is Both Lord and Messiah. Just like he is Both the Son of Man and the Son of God, Thus he is Both David the King, and The LORD who will hold the deed to the earth which is currently held by Satan as the god of this world. When You understand this, Rev. 12:11 will make a lot more sense as to what our role is in these end times.

In Other words, though Jesus will have his "surrogate" princes (David being the one over Israel) ruling the nations during the Millennium, Jesus will be both Lord of lords and King of Kings during that time. 

These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. (Rev. 17:14)

Edited by dhchristian

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I'm kind of late to this thread, but just wanted to add a note that I don't consider Christianity a religion today.....   it's a relationship with our Lord.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

9 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Gentile-Warrior,

Did you miss my post to you? Here it is again.

Hi Gentle -Warrior,

You have brought up a good point. Now what Jesus was saying to Pilate was that His (Jesus`) kingdom/rule was not from this world. His rulership comes from the Father. No one on earth could give Jesus His rulership. However....we also know that in the tribulation it is proclaimed that the kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of the Lord, (Rev. 11: 15)

Thus we do see that the Lord Jesus will have rulership over the kingdoms of this world BUT His seat of power, where His overall rulership is, is in heaven. The Father proclaimed this -

`God...seated Him (Christ) at His right hand in the heavenly places far above all principality and power and might and dominion and every name that is named, not only in this age, BUT IN THE ONE TO COME. `(Eph. 1: 20 & 21)

The Lord Jesus Christ will rule over all from the highest place, NOT from His footstool. (Isa. 66: 1)

`Heaven is my THRONE and earth is my FOOTSTOOL.` (Isa. 66: 1)

Marilyn.

Marilyn, it is not that the Lord will have rulership, but that He HAS rulership. He who rules in heaven rules over all creation because all creation is subject to God's rule in heaven. He is both God and Savior. Don't we call Him by the title, Lord? He is not just Lord of the church, but Lord of all creation. 

You quoted Eph. 120-21, but if you read the entire passage, Paul speaks in the past tense, "brought about in Christ", "raised Him from the dead", "seated Him at His right hand in heavenly places", and then he categorically states, "far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in the age to come." Verse 22 continues on using past preterist by saying, "He (God) put all things in subjection under His feet  and so on...

Mat. 28:18, Acts. 1:8, back it up by stating that Jesus is Lord of all creation. 

God is always the present ruler, not the future ruler because He is YHWY (I AM that I AM) Exo. 3:14. 

Agree? 

JESUS PLUS NOTHING EQUALS EVERYTHING.jpg

11 hours ago, Tampered With said:

I just want to make it clear I have zero in common with Gentle-Warrior as we pretty much disagree on everything except that the Book is called the Bible. :amen: 

Good, I'm glad you said that. I also have zero in common with you because I don't accept or approve man made doctrines. The Millennium is nothing but the result of scriptural manipulation that the word of God denies vehemently. 

So, either we are for the truth or against the truth. With Jesus there is no middle term. 

11 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Ever question why would God raise the dead from their graves if it is not to rule with Him ?

1 Thes 4: 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:.

God will not forget those who died in Him, no matter how long.

Sorry about that.

Christian-sign.jpg

The Lord reigns now from heaven over all creation. He is our Lord, isn't He? He has the keys of death and Hades, doesn't He? (Rev. 1:18). He is also Lord in the house of David and reigns as both Lord and God (Rev. 3:7, Acts 2:36). 

Acts 2:36 (NASB95)

36“Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.”

I don't know what raising from the dead has to do with anything. Those who have died in Christ are in heaven or Paradise right now. 

Edited by Gentle-Warrior

2 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

2 Timothy 2:15 Amplified Bible (AMP)

15 Study and do your best to present yourself to God approved, a workman [tested by trial] who has no reason to be ashamed, accurately handling and skillfully teaching the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Yes, I agree. You should study God's word and stop listening to man's words or teachings. If it is not in the word of God, you should reject it. 

For me it is Jesus + Nothing. 

18 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

Hearken to God's Word

Romans 11 New International Version (NIV)

The Remnant of Israel

11 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: “Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me”[a]? And what was God’s answer to him? “I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”[b] So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

What then? What the people of Israel sought so earnestly they did not obtain. The elect among them did, but the others were hardened, as it is written:

“God gave them a spirit of stupor,
    eyes that could not see
    and ears that could not hear,
to this very day.”[c]

And David says:

“May their table become a snare and a trap,
    a stumbling block and a retribution for them.
10 May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see,
    and their backs be bent forever.”[d]

Ingrafted Branches

11 Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12 But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!

13 I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry 14 in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

All Israel Will Be Saved

25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way[e] all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
    he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27 And this is[f] my covenant with them
    when I take away their sins.”[g]

28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30 Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now[h] receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. 32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Doxology

33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and[i] knowledge of God!
    How unsearchable his judgments,
    and his paths beyond tracing out!
34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
    Or who has been his counselor?”[j]
35 “Who has ever given to God,
    that God should repay them?”[k]
36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
    To him be the glory forever! Amen.

The remnant in Romans 11 were those who believed in Christ, not those who hated Him. Learn to know the difference. In the same token, the remnant of the church are those who are true believers, not those who claim to be Christians but are not. 

The Lord has His remnant today which are marked by the fact they have the Spirit of Christ within them. Without the Spirit of Christ, no one belongs to the Lord (Ro. 8:9).

Edited by Gentle-Warrior

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Tampered With said:

True Christianity is just that! However there are "churches" within "the faith" that do qualify under the definition of religion unfortunately (the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods/also a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices). 

and those churches might bring people into your life and make things go smoother.....   but those things in those churches really have little to do with where you spend eternity and little to do with your personal relationship with God....      I go to a Nazarene Church because I love the people there and we support missionaries all over the world teaching that relationship to many....   but I'm with the Lord everywhere I go.