• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, missmuffet.

I'm going back here to make this important correction: All those who enter the 1000-year Millennium (which is redundant, btw), will be within the time when Yeshua` haMashiyach (Jesus the Christ) will be building a world-wide Kingdom. As per His own parables about that Kingdom, it will start out small, like the grain of a mustard seed, growing thoughout the Millennium until it becomes a tree in which all the birds may come and nest. His Kingdom will start out with relatively no influence until it grows and permeates the earth, like leaven in a huge lump of dough.

Matthew 13:31-33 (KJV)

31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,

"The kingdom of heaven (the Kingdom from the sky) is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: 32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof."

33 Another parable spake he unto them;

"The kingdom of heaven (the Kingdom from the sky) is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened."

Daniel noticed that as well in ...

Daniel 2:31-35 (KJV)

31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible. 32 This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, 33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay. 34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. 35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

Interpreted in ...

Daniel 2:44-45 (KJV)

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. 45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Thus, the stone is first "cut out of the mountain without hands" and grows until it "fills the whole earth (Land)" becoming itself "a great mountain."

Paul gave us the basics of the Millennium (Latin for "a thousand years") in "the Resurrection Chapter," 1 Corinthians 15:

1 Corinthians 15:20-28 (KJV)

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order:

(0) Christ [The Messiah] the firstfruits;
(1) afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. [At the BEGINNING of the Millennium.] 
24 (2) Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. [At the END of the Millennium.]

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

So, the Millennium is the time of the Messiah's Kingdom as He is busy building that Kingdom for His Father, putting all enemies under His feet by SUBDUING them, PUTTING DOWN all other rule, authority, and power! Only at the END of the 1,000 years will death itself be destroyed, and all of this is reflected in Revelation 20:

Revelation 20:1-15 (KJV)

[BEFORE THE MILLENNIUM]

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

[DURING THE MILLENNIUM]

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.)

This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

[AFTER THE MILLENNIUM]
[HaSatan's Last Attempt and the Fire]

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

[The Great White Throne Judgment]

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

And, THIS is what Yeshua` was talking about in His parables:

Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43 (KJV)

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,

"The kingdom of heaven (the Kingdom from the sky) is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying,

"Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field."

37 He answered and said unto them,

"He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 
38 The field is the world;
the good seed are the children of the kingdom;
but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil;
the harvest is the end of the world;
and the reapers are the angels. 

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather OUT OF HIS (THE MESSIAH'S) KINGDOM all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun IN THE KINGDOM OF THEIR FATHER. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."

Verse 41 is equated to 1 Corinthians 15:24b and Revelation 20:11-13.
Verse 42 is the Lake of Fire in Revelation 20:14-15, and
verse 43 is equated to 1 Corinthians 15:24a, 28 and Revelation 21:1-22:5.

Both of the following parables are at the BEGINNING of Yeshua`s 1000-year Kingdom:

Luke 19:11-27 (KJV)

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. 12 He said therefore,

"A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, 'We will not have this man to reign over us.' 15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16 Then came the first, saying, 'Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.' 17 And he said unto him, 'Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.' 18 And the second came, saying, 'Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.' 19 And he said likewise to him, 'Be thou also over five cities.' 20 And another came, saying, 'Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.' 22 And he saith unto him, 'Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: 23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?' 24 And he said unto them that stood by, 'Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.' 25 (And they said unto him, 'Lord, he hath ten pounds.') 26 'For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. 27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.'"

Matthew 25:31-46 (KJV)

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory (brightness), and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory (brightness): 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, 'Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.' 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, 'Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?' 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, 'Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.'

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, 'Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.' 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, 'Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?' 45 Then shall he answer them, saying, 'Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.' 46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

The so called “Millennium” is a manufactured belief that holds no water in the scriptures. 

We cannot take assumptions and run with it as if It was the truth.

Neither Jesus nor any of the writers of the NT ever even hinted such thing. The fact is that Jesus is God, and God reigns in heaven forever outside of time and space, should be enough for us to understand that God does not dwell among sinful people because He is holy.

Besides that Jesus clearly said that His Kingdom is not of an earthly kind (Jn 18:36). God does not dwell on earth because  the heavens and the heavens of heavens cannot contain Him (1Ki. 8:27). “Heaven is My throne and the earth is the footstool of My feet.” (Isa 66:1, Acts 7:48-51).

Si, to attempt to bring Jesus, who is God Almighty, to earth, is to attempt to bring God to our level and make Him into a god made into our own image and likeness.

By the way, we have also read into the text of Rev. 20 and assumed what it doesn’t say. 

Most Christians have never really read, much less understood the book of Revelation, yet they know how to read men's opinions about it and thus open themselves to deception.

I affirm that the “Millennial kingdom” was invented by men who did not understand the basic divine principles of the Holy Scriptures.  

JESUS PLUS NOTHING EQUALS EVERYTHING.jpg

Edited by Gentle-Warrior

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

The so called “Millennium” is a manufactured belief that holds no water in the scriptures. 

We cannot take assumptions and run with it as if It was the truth.

Neither Jesus nor any of the writers of the NT ever even hinted such thing. The fact is that Jesus is God, and God reigns in heaven forever outside of time and space, should be enough for us to understand that God does not dwell among sinful people because He is holy.

Besides that Jesus clearly said that His Kingdom is not of an earthly kind (Jn 18:36). God does not dwell on earth because  the heavens and the heavens of heavens cannot contain Him (1Ki. 8:27). “Heaven is My throne and the earth is the footstool of My feet.” (Isa 66:1, Acts 7:48-51).

Si, to attempt to bring Jesus, who is God Almighty, to earth, is to attempt to bring God to our level and make Him into a god made into our own image and likeness.

By the way, we have also read into the text of Rev. 20 and assumed what it doesn’t say. 

Most Christians have never really read, much less understood the book of Revelation, yet they know how to read men's opinions about it and thus open themselves to deception.

I affirm that the “Millennial kingdom” was invented by men who did not understand the basic divine principles of the Holy Scriptures.  

I would suggest that you read Ezk chp 40 and on. Jesus comes in through the East Gate and the soles of his feet walk in the Temple. The nation's of the Earth must observe the Feast of the Tabernacles.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Advanced Member

23 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

I would suggest that you read Ezk chp 40 and on. Jesus comes in through the East Gate and the soles of his feet walk in the Temple. The nation's of the Earth must observe the Feast of the Tabernacles.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I suggest that you take my post and prove me wrong point by point. However, if you think we must go back to the law in the future, including going back to old covenant feasts (which by the way, the old covenant was done away at the cross, and officially closed with the destruction of the temple in A.D. 70), you must agree then that Christ's death on the cross was needless. :bored-1:

Galatians 2:21 (NASB95)

21“I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”

1 minute ago, Tampered With said:

People that are afraid to learn the truth of God's word are more interested in their pet doctrines rather than glorifying the Lord of glory. 

2 hours ago, Tampered With said:

Originally appeared in the Covenant and Controversy library https://www.covenantandcontroversy.com/articles/the-coming-restoration-of-the-kingdom-of-israel

Posted with permission of Covenant and Controversy library

THE COMING RESTORATION OF THE KINGDOM OF ISRAEL 

If you ask most Christians why Jesus died on the cross, they will most often quote, affirming that, “God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”[1] The idea is that the “good news” of the Bible is summarized in that Jesus died on the cross so that anyone who believes in Him can go to heaven after they die.

Of course, when Christians say these kind of things, they are not wrong. This is certainly part of the good news. But the gospel is far more than just John 3:16 and being saved from hell. The gospel, as it was proclaimed by Jesus and the Apostles, is an extension of the good news that was proclaimed throughout the Old Testament. So what else beyond merely going to heaven after we die is entailed when we speak of God’s good news for mankind?

The simple answer to this question is found in the phrase, “the restoration of all things.” Shortly after Pentecost, when Peter preached God’s good news to the crowds, he specifically spoke of the “the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.”[2] What is this period, what were the prophets speaking of, and what exactly will be restored?

The period being spoken of is the age of the Messiah, after Jesus returns and establishes His kingdom. As to what will be restored, Jesus will not only restore the earth, but also the Kingdom of Israel. Within the grand unfolding plan of God are His many promises not only to restore Eden—a glorious garden-paradise, but also to restore the Jewish Kingdom to a glory far greater than during the days of King David or Solomon.

Let’s consider just a few of the passages that speak of these days. In the prophecy of Isaiah, we are told that during the messianic age, in partnership with Jesus, the righteous will actually renovate the earth: “Then they will rebuild the ancient ruins, they will raise up the former devastations; and they will repair the ruined cities, the desolations of many generations.”[4] Elsewhere, the prophet Amos speaks of the days, “When the plowman will overtake the reaper and the treader of grapes him who sows seed; when the mountains will drip sweet wine.” Under the rule of Jesus, God’s people will, “plant vineyards and drink their wine, and make gardens and eat their fruit.”[3] The prophet Zechariah says that “‘In that day,’ declares the LORD of hosts, ‘every one of you will invite his neighbor to sit under his vine and under his fig tree.’”[5]

In speaking of those days, the prophet Ezekiel describes, a river that will run southward, out of Jerusalem, turning the Dead Sea into a fresh water lake, teeming with life:

It will come about that every living creature which swarms in every place where the river goes, will live. And there will be very many fish, for these waters go there and the others become fresh; so everything will live where the river goes. And it will come about that fishermen will stand beside it; from Engedi to Eneglaim there will be a place for the spreading of nets. Their fish will be according to their kinds, like the fish of the Great Sea, very many.[6]

When is the last time that any Christian you know declared the good news that in the age to come, after we die, we will be able to fish? I don’t know about you, but for me, this is truly good news!

The Scriptures also affirm that after Jesus returns, He will set in place a new global leadership structure. From God’s perspective, the primary purpose of every position of leadership is to serve others. Yet today, I think it is fair to say that many, if not most politicians, seek and maintain positions of authority not primarily for the purpose of truly serving others, but in order to secure greater wealth, power, and control. This is a problem that is common throughout the world. How will Jesus respond to this when He returns? Psalm 110 tells us that Jesus will literally kill unrighteous rulers and politicians throughout the earth: “The Lord is at Your right hand; He will shatter kings in the day of His wrath. He will judge among the nations, He will fill them with corpses, He will shatter the chief men over a broad country.”[7]

Not only will Jesus’ return be accompanied by his execution of a host of wicked, self-serving politicians and dictators throughout the earth, but He will also replace them with those who have proven themselves to be faithful and humble leaders: “Well done, my good servant! Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities,” He will declare.[8] When I think of how many throughout the earth groan under the weight of oppressive government, I rejoice at this profoundly good news. Genuinely humble servant leaders will assist Jesus in governing the new world. Hallelujah!

Yet as wonderful and glorious as these descriptions of a restored earth are, they are only part of the picture. Beyond a restored and glorified garden paradise, the Scriptures also speak of a glorified, restored Kingdom of Israel. If we neglect to proclaim either of these two dimensions of the coming messianic age, we are simply not proclaiming the complete gospel message that was declared by God’s “holy prophets from ancient time.”

After Jesus rose from the dead, His disciples asked Him about the time that He would restore the glory of the Jewish kingdom, saying, “Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?”[9] In no way did Jesus rebuke his disciples for their question. Instead, He assured them that at the proper time, according to the time set by the Father, He will return and restore the Kingdom of Israel. The Scriptures are brimming with references that testify to this reality. At the every onset of the Gospel of Luke, the angel Gabriel announced to Mary that the son she would bear would forever reign on the restored throne of David:

“And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.”[10] 

The throne of David, we must understand is not a vague reference to the rule of Jesus. This is the restored Jewish royal monarchy.

Later, as Jesus spoke to His disciples, He told them of the time after He returns when they would assist Him in judging the twelve tribes of Israel:

“Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.”[11]

The restoration of all twelve tribes in the age to come shows that indeed we are looking forward to a fully restored Kingdom of Israel. Though few Christians discuss this aspect of the Bible, the Scriptures in both the Old and New testaments are brimming with descriptions of the coming kingdom of God.

When we take a real hard look at the way that the Christian Church has related to the Jewish community throughout most of Church history, it is no surprise that a failure to recognize this critical aspect of the good news—namely the coming restoration of the Kingdom of Israel—often accompanied the horrific mistreatment of the Jewish people by Christians. In my most recent book, When a Jew Rules the World,[12] I carefully lay out the case for why the Christian Church must reclaim the fullness of the gospel as it was proclaimed by Jesus and the apostles. In doing so, we will accomplish much. First, we will proclaim a message that most Jews—those who are far more Old Testament literate than many Christians—will relate to, understand, and receive far more naturally. Second, we will be much better equipped to avoid the great errors and sins of our forefathers with the long history of Christian persecution of the Jewish people. And finally, we will prepare our hearts to receive Jesus at His return with hearts full of joy and understanding as we all together exclaim with fullness of joy: “Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord! Blessed is the king of Israel!”[13]

[1]  John 3:16
[2]  Acts 3:21
[3]  Amos 9:9-15
[4]  Isaiah 61:4
[5] Zechariah 3:10
[6]  Ezekiel 47:9-10
[7]  Psalm 110:5-6
[8]  Luke 19:17
[9]  Acts 1:6-7
[10]  Luke 1:31-33, emphasis mine
[11] Matthew 19:28-29
[12] Richardson, J. (2015). When a Jew rules the world. WND.
[13] John 12:13

None of those scriptures that you quoted point to a restoration of a future Israel. I challenge you to post them all so that you can prove your assertions. 

I will quote two examples that you gave,   

Acts 3:20–21 (NASB95)

"And that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you,

21 whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time."

Nowhere do I read in these two verses about the restoration of Israel, not present and not future. What Peter was speaking about was the restoration of humanity to the intent that God had given mankind from the beginning of time. 

Luke 1:31–32 (NASB95)

31 “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus.

32 “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David."

So, where does it say in this passage anything a future Israel? Don't you know that the throne of glory is in the Spirit, that is is in heaven, or do you really think that Jesus deserves less than that? 

Isn't Jesus God Almighty, or do you think that somehow He remained a man only? Now, go ahead and prove your presuppositions. God ahead, I invite you to embarrass me. 

Edited by Gentle-Warrior

15 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

People should really try to quote others accurately! I am not Joel Richardson

THE COMING RESTORATION OF THE KINGDOM OF ISRAEL BY JOEL RICHARDSON (@JOEL7RICHARDSON)

No, but you are responsible for quoting him. Don't cop out. 

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

However, if you think we must go back to the law in the future, including going back to old covenant feasts (which by the way, the old covenant was done away at the cross, and officially closed with the destruction of the temple in A.D. 70), you must agree then that Christ's death on the cross was needless. 

You bring up a good point, one that I have argued myself.  I doubt you will get a satisfactory response, because I really don't think anyone has any idea what is going to occur when the Lord returns, scripture isn't exactly clear on this point.  Perhaps the most puzzling passage in regards to this time period can be found in Isaiah 65, which is what I want to discuss with you in regards to your belief.

Now, you told me on a different thread, that the new heavens and new earth were not a literal thing, and they merely represent the ushering in of the new covenant.  Your position was that somehow the destruction of the second temple was representative of when this took place.  With that in mind, how does Isaiah 65 reflect the world, or even Jerusalem, since 70 AD?

Isaiah 65:17 “For behold, I create new heavens
    and a new earth,
and the former things shall not be remembered
    or come into mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever
    in that which I create;
for behold, I create Jerusalem to be a joy,
    and her people to be a gladness.
19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem
    and be glad in my people;
no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping
    and the cry of distress.
20 No more shall there be in it
    an infant who lives but a few days,
    or an old man who does not fill out his days,
for the young man shall die a hundred years old,
    and the sinner a hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 They shall build houses and inhabit them;
    they shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 They shall not build and another inhabit;
    they shall not plant and another eat;
for like the days of a tree shall the days of my people be,
    and my chosen shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labor in vain
    or bear children for calamity,
for they shall be the offspring of the blessed of the Lord,
    and their descendants with them.
24 Before they call I will answer;
    while they are yet speaking I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall graze together;
    the lion shall eat straw like the ox,
    and dust shall be the serpent's food.
They shall not hurt or destroy
    in all my holy mountain,”
says the Lord.

If you can walk me through the above, and how that correlates to the world since 70 AD, I would appreciate it.

God bless

4 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

I suggest that you take my post and prove me wrong point by point. However, if you think we must go back to the law in the future, including going back to old covenant feasts (which by the way, the old covenant was done away at the cross, and officially closed with the destruction of the temple in A.D. 70), you must agree then that Christ's death on the cross was needless. :bored-1:

Galatians 2:21 (NASB95)

21“I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”

We serve with Christ in the future. Yet Israel and the other nations have a different relationship.

Zech 14:9 - The Lord will be king over the whole earth.  On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name.

v. 16 - Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.... If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, they will have no rain.

Ezk 40:45,46 - The room facing south is for the priests who have charge of the temple, and the room facing north is for the priests who have charge of the altar.  42:13 - .... There they (the priests) who approach the LORD, will eat the most holy offerings.  There they will put the most holy offerings; the grain offerings, the sin offering, and the guilt offerings; for the place is holy.

Ezk 43:4 - The glory of the Lord entered the temple through the gate facing East. v. 7 - Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet.  This is where I will live among the Israelites forever.

Ezk 48:35 - And the distance around will be 18,000 cubits; and the name of the city from that time on will be: The Lord is THERE.

In Christ

Montana Marv

12 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

We serve with Christ in the future. Yet Israel and the other nations have a different relationship.

Zech 14:9 - The Lord will be king over the whole earth.  On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name.

v. 16 - Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.... If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, they will have no rain.

Ezk 40:45,46 - The room facing south is for the priests who have charge of the temple, and the room facing north is for the priests who have charge of the altar.  42:13 - .... There they (the priests) who approach the LORD, will eat the most holy offerings.  There they will put the most holy offerings; the grain offerings, the sin offering, and the guilt offerings; for the place is holy.

Ezk 43:4 - The glory of the Lord entered the temple through the gate facing East. v. 7 - Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet.  This is where I will live among the Israelites forever.

Ezk 48:35 - And the distance around will be 18,000 cubits; and the name of the city from that time on will be: The Lord is THERE.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I serve the eternal Christ now, not in the nebulous future. Jesus is the great I AM (Ex. 3:14, Jn 8:58)

1)The Law of proper Hermeneutics states that we cannot use OT scriptures without full support of the new (NT) since the Bible is one book, not two. The NT explains and fulfills the OT, while the OT serves as a foundation for the NT.

2) The Bible centers in on the redemption of mankind which the Lord promised from the beginning of time (Gen. 3:15) and fully accomplished it at the cross through Jesus Christ.

3) Israel was the means God used in order to accomplish His eternal goal: Forgiveness of sins, righteousness, eternal life, all in Christ Jesus as we become the living temples of the Lord (1Cor. 3:16, 6:19). Israel's role ended when Christ came and fulfilled all of God's promises to them when He redeemed them at the cross. The Jews that received Christ received their inheritance while the ones who didn't, died in their sins.

4) The old covenant law ended with the final destruction of the temple in A.D. 70 (no more sacrifices for sins, no more priesthood, no more law, not more OT prophets because all these things were fulfilled in Christ. See the book of Hebrews), while the new covenant began with the shed blood of the Lamb of God at the last supper (Mat. 26:28, Mark 14:24, Lk 22:20). This new covenant is the everlasting covenant that will never end (Heb. 13:20).

5) Lastly, it is an error to justify our beliefs by merely quoting out of context OT scriptures to prove our beliefs without looking at the whole picture of God's eternal covenant in Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Gentle-Warrior

39 minutes ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

I serve the eternal Christ now, not in the nebulous future. Jesus is the great I AM (Ex. 3:14, Jn 8:58)

1)The Law of proper Hermeneutics states that we cannot use OT scriptures without full support of the new (NT) since the Bible is one book, not two. The NT explains and fulfills the OT, while the OT serves as a foundation for the NT.

2) The Bible centers in on the redemption of mankind which the Lord promised from the beginning of time (Gen. 3:15) and fully accomplished it at the cross through Jesus Christ.

3) Israel was the means God used in order to accomplish His eternal goal: Forgiveness of sins, righteousness, eternal life, all in Christ Jesus as we become the living temples of the Lord (1Cor. 3:16, 6:19). Israel's role ended when Christ came and fulfilled all of God's promises to them when He redeemed them at the cross. The Jews that received Christ received their inheritance while the ones who didn't, died in their sins.

4) The old covenant law ended with the final destruction of the temple in A.D. 70 (no more sacrifices for sins, no more priesthood, no more law, not more OT prophets because all these things were fulfilled in Christ. See the book of Hebrews), while the new covenant began with the shed blood of the Lamb of God at the last supper (Mat. 26:28, Mark 14:24, Lk 22:20). This new covenant is the everlasting covenant that will never end (Heb. 13:20).

5) Lastly, it is an error to justify our beliefs by merely quoting out of context OT scriptures to prove our beliefs without looking at the whole picture of God's eternal covenant in Jesus Christ. 

There inheritance is the Land. Yet Daniel will die. But at the end he shall rise to receive his inheritance, the Land.

Christ will rule 1000 years with a rod of iron.  Why, because of all idol worshipers who came out of the 70th Week.

In Christ

Montana Marv