• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

Off the top of my head, it would seem to me that Satan is always trying to tempt us to sin, and when we yield to his temptation, he then attacks us for committing that sin. One might conclude that it's best to ignore his temptations, and if we fail to do that, we should repent and ignore his attacks. His attacks never last long, it is my experience. We can thank Jesus for that.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

We shud not put the blame to the devil as scape goat for our sins.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

14 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Off the top of my head, it would seem to me that Satan is always trying to tempt us to sin, and when we yield to his temptation, he then attacks us for committing that sin. One might conclude that it's best to ignore his temptations, and if we fail to do that, we should repent and ignore his attacks. His attacks never last long, it is my experience. We can thank Jesus for that.

I like what James shares:

James 4:6-7 (NIV)
6  But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."
7  Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

"Submit yourselves, then, to God."  It is through Him that our resistance to the Devil is made possible. It is not possible in our own strength. If it were, the whole world---which submits to the Devil---could be changed.

Edited by Coliseum

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

We shud not put the blame to the devil as scape goat for our sins.

But we should understand what the devil is doing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

Friend, first off, just for clarification, satan is just one created being and he is not omnipresent, ...I believe there are children of God, ...born again believers in ministry, here on this planet, that pose much more of a threat to his kingdom than anyone here at Worthy and I would venture to guess that would also leave out 99.9 % of the Church today...

In the Word, the Holy Spirit writing through James, explains to us that we sin because our old carnal nature living inside of our bodies are tempted by our lust:

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.  Jas 1:14

The Holy Spirit writing through John tells us what lust is:

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 1 John 2:16

Now that we are aware of what lust is, ...we return to James:

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.  Jas 1:15

So then, we are told when lust has conceived, ...interesting word, ...it's used to describe when Elizabeth conceived and when Mary conceived, ...it's also used to mean take, took, taken and caught.

We all know there are two necessary biological, physical elements necessary to produce conception, ...so since the Holy Spirit used this word to explain to us how sin is conceived in our lives, ...we need to look at the two factors, spiritual elements necessary for sin to be conceived in our carnal nature.

The Holy Spirit tells us one element is, ...a/any/all of the lust of the eyes, flesh or pride of life, ...since all of the three are introduced to/in our minds by our five senses of sight, touch, hear, smell and taste, they are the second element in the conception.

The temptation is presented to us through our 5 physicals senses, and we consider it, mull it over in our minds and we make a decision as to what we should do, ...is that not what you are saying?

However there is another possibility presented to us by the Holy Spirit;

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.  Rom 12:1-2

Before Adam rebelled and sinned he spoke with God, ...one aspect of that is his soul was in direct communication with God, in other words, it was God controlling his soul, ...but after he was driven out of the Garden it was no longer God controlling his soul, ...but his 5 senses, and since all of his descendants are conceived in his likeness and image, we too have our soul, our emotions controlled by our 5 senses, ...until we are born again and are spirits are regenerated so that we can talk directly with God and He with us.

That's the point the Holy Spirit was trying to tell us in Romans 12:1-2, ...renewing our minds so that they are controlled by God.

If we go back and look at how sin is conceived, when the temptation enters our mind, at that very moment the Holy Spirit will illuminate a verse on the flat screen in our head... 

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:  Heb 8:10

...and that verse will act like a supernatural barrier between the temptation and the decision making process in our mind of our old Adamic carnal nature, ...reckoning it dead and resisting the temptation and the conception of sin in our lives, ...if we use it!

That is the example Jesus gave us when He was tempted, He spoke the verse and the devil left Him, waiting for a more opportune time, and so it will also work for us if we follow His example.

...Before we were born again and became children of God the LAW was a school master to bring us to Christ, ...after we are born again children, as we grow in the Grace and Knowledge of our LORD and mature in our walk with Him, ...the LAW becomes our only offensive weapon in our spiritual armor, ...and we use it to defeat temptation!

Lord bless

• This is Worthy 1

9 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Friend, first off, just for clarification, satan is just one created being and he is not omnipresent, ...I believe there are children of God, ...born again believers in ministry, here on this planet, that pose much more of a threat to his kingdom than anyone here at Worthy and I would venture to guess that would also leave out 99.9 % of the Church today...

In the Word, the Holy Spirit writing through James, explains to us that we sin because our old carnal nature living inside of our bodies are tempted by our lust:

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.  Jas 1:14

The Holy Spirit writing through John tells us what lust is:

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 1 John 2:16

Now that we are aware of what lust is, ...we return to James:

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.  Jas 1:15

So then, we are told when lust has conceived, ...interesting word, ...it's used to describe when Elizabeth conceived and when Mary conceived, ...it's also used to mean take, took, taken and caught.

We all know there are two necessary biological, physical elements necessary to produce conception, ...so since the Holy Spirit used this word to explain to us how sin is conceived in our lives, ...we need to look at the two factors, spiritual elements necessary for sin to be conceived in our carnal nature.

The Holy Spirit tells us one element is, ...a/any/all of the lust of the eyes, flesh or pride of life, ...since all of the three are introduced to/in our minds by our five senses of sight, touch, hear, smell and taste, they are the second element in the conception.

The temptation is presented to us through our 5 physicals senses, and we consider it, mull it over in our minds and we make a decision as to what we should do, ...is that not what you are saying?

However there is another possibility presented to us by the Holy Spirit;

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.  Rom 12:1-2

Before Adam rebelled and sinned he spoke with God, ...one aspect of that is his soul was in direct communication with God, in other words, it was God controlling his soul, ...but after he was driven out of the Garden it was no longer God controlling his soul, ...but his 5 senses, and since all of his descendants are conceived in his likeness and image, we too have our soul, our emotions controlled by our 5 senses, ...until we are born again and are spirits are regenerated so that we can talk directly with God and He with us.

That's the point the Holy Spirit was trying to tell us in Romans 12:1-2, ...renewing our minds so that they are controlled by God.

If we go back and look at how sin is conceived, when the temptation enters our mind, at that very moment the Holy Spirit will illuminate a verse on the flat screen in our head... 

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:  Heb 8:10

...and that verse will act like a supernatural barrier between the temptation and the decision making process in our mind of our old Adamic carnal nature, ...reckoning it dead and resisting the temptation and the conception of sin in our lives, ...if we use it!

That is the example Jesus gave us when He was tempted, He spoke the verse and the devil left Him, waiting for a more opportune time, and so it will also work for us if we follow His example.

...Before we were born again and became children of God the LAW was a school master to bring us to Christ, ...after we are born again children, as we grow in the Grace and Knowledge of our LORD and mature in our walk with Him, ...the LAW becomes our only offensive weapon in our spiritual armor, ...and we use it to defeat temptation!

Lord bless

Reading Job wold suggest to me Satan can do things you and I can't do.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Yes, God is way more powerful than Satan. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, God is way more powerful than Satan. 

Yes, I think Christ's death on the cross put an end to Satan's power.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

8 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

But we should understand what the devil is doing.

Cain killed abel is that caused by the devil ?

3 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Cain killed abel is that caused by the devil ?

No, the devil, I would assume, tempted Cain to kill Abel, and Abel chose to do just that. 

We are all tempted by the devil, are we not, and it’s our responsibility to resist temptation. The devil tempted Jesus: 

And the tempter came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread." Matt 4:3 RSV