Sign in to follow this  
Amanda Frances

Can a person be a christian and cast spells too?

Question

I recently heard that a professed christian I know  was doing spells, from a trusted person.  I think this person was really never saved is all I can think.  

Do you think one could be a  true Christian and then later be backslidden and cast spells?

• Praying for You! 1

5 hours ago, Amanda Frances said:

I recently heard that a professed christian I know  was doing spells, from a trusted person.  I think this person was really never saved is all I can think.  

Do you think one could be a  true Christian and then later be backslidden and cast spells?

It seems to me that a Christian, one who has been born again, should know what the Lord has to say about witchcraft.  Christians are drawn to study the Bible.  I think there are many who profess to be Christian but who are not.  

Galatians 5:20-25 King James Version (KJV)

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

• This is Worthy 3

2 hours ago, Amanda Frances said:

Thank you for your responses.  Please pray for this person and that when I speak to said person they will repent and follow the Lord only!

Also, Amanda, be on the lookout for a type of manipulative ministry among well-meaning but misguided Christians that is in fact "spiritual witchcraft". It seeks to control others to obey the will and whim of the practicioner rather than committing matters to the will of God. It involves directional, dominating, intimidating, and seductive behaviour which invokes the counterfeit spirits of darkness rather than whatsoever is pure, true and enlightened.

Link & Source of Quote: Info & Resources on Spiritual Witchcraft

Spiritual witchcraft is a demonic power released through various activities such as words, curses, spells, amulets, charms, occult powers, chants, magic, drugs, potions, or directive prophecies.

Witchcraft is far more than meeting in a forest worshiping Mother Earth and hugging pine trees. Witchcraft is the power of Satan. Its weapons are emotional manipulation, spiritual and religious control, isolation, soul ties, fear, confusion, loss of personal identity, sickness, depression and prophetic divination.

Those caught in the snare of spiritual witchcraft spirit struggle throughout their Christian lives to remain stable. Every Christian should learn to discern the weapons of witchcraft and be equipped with practical strategies to overcome it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

No.  I do not.  However, I wouldn't be quick to just accept someone else's word on it, trusted or not.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Amanda Frances said:

Casting spells has no part in the Christian life.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Amanda Frances said:

Maybe people in the church think they’re Christian but practice Wiccan, I believe the New Age believes are creeping in the churches these days and casting spells and being a born again Christian do not go hand in hand ,a born again Christian will want to bless other people.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Thank you for your responses.  Please pray for this person and that when I speak to said person they will repent and follow the Lord only!

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Amanda Frances said:

Amanda,this person is not born again ,you might start asking her to tell you who Jesus is...and tell her the gospel message.

• Thumbs Up 2

Angels this person knows who Jesus is and all about the gospel.  Satan has blinded her into believing she is born again when she is walking in darkness.   Yes, will talk to her soon.  Thanks Angel. GBU

• Praying for You! 2

50 minutes ago, Amanda Frances said:

Angels this person knows who Jesus is and all about the gospel.  Satan has blinded her into believing she is born again when she is walking in darkness.   Yes, will talk to her soon.  Thanks Angel. GBU

Maybe ask God to help you to say the right words...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 3

4 hours ago, Amanda Frances said:

something is amiss here....    you can't be a Christian and cast spells....         unless she's calling praying for people casting spells.    I would ask her about it yourself and ask the Holy Spirit to give you the words.    She may not be aware of the seriousness of it if she's really doing witchcraft

• Thumbs Up 2

Sign in to follow this