IGNORED

Can a person be a christian and cast spells too?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, Amanda Frances said:

Thank you for your responses.  Please pray for this person and that when I speak to said person they will repent and follow the Lord only!

Also, Amanda, be on the lookout for a type of manipulative ministry among well-meaning but misguided Christians that is in fact "spiritual witchcraft". It seeks to control others to obey the will and whim of the practicioner rather than committing matters to the will of God. It involves directional, dominating, intimidating, and seductive behaviour which invokes the counterfeit spirits of darkness rather than whatsoever is pure, true and enlightened.

Link & Source of Quote: Info & Resources on Spiritual Witchcraft

Spiritual witchcraft is a demonic power released through various activities such as words, curses, spells, amulets, charms, occult powers, chants, magic, drugs, potions, or directive prophecies.

Witchcraft is far more than meeting in a forest worshiping Mother Earth and hugging pine trees. Witchcraft is the power of Satan. Its weapons are emotional manipulation, spiritual and religious control, isolation, soul ties, fear, confusion, loss of personal identity, sickness, depression and prophetic divination.

Those caught in the snare of spiritual witchcraft spirit struggle throughout their Christian lives to remain stable. Every Christian should learn to discern the weapons of witchcraft and be equipped with practical strategies to overcome it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

When you speak with this person you could ask her to read Acts 19 and particularly verse 19:A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas. 20 In this way the word of the Lord spread widely and grew in power.

And ask if they did this then should she also do the same if she is a Christian.

Questions to remember are.

Why do you believe that ?and What evidence do you have for that?

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 10/14/2019 at 8:48 AM, Amanda Frances said:

Do you think one could be a  true Christian and then later be backslidden and cast spells?

It's difficult to believe someone who had formerly been steeped into witchcraft, born-again, and set free from the clutches of the occult could return to such past practices. My guess and it's only assumptions, is perhaps the demonic hold was not quite thoroughly cleansed from him or her. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

Rebelling against God is going against Him=HIS WORD.

Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft its an abomination to God

1 Samuel 15:23

23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the Word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

A Rest for God's People

So then, as the Holy Spirit says,

“If you hear God's voice today,
    do not be stubborn, as your ancestors were when they rebelled against God,
    as they were that day in the desert when they put him to the test.
There they put me to the test and tried me, says God,
    although they had seen what I did for forty years.
10 And so I was angry with those people and said,
    ‘They are always disloyal
    and refuse to obey my commands.’
11 I was angry and made a solemn promise:
    ‘They will never enter the land where I would have given them rest!’”

12 My friends, be careful that none of you have a heart so evil and unbelieving that you will turn away from the living God. 13 Instead, in order that none of you be deceived by sin and become stubborn, you must help one another every day, as long as the word “Today” in the scripture applies to us. 14 For we are all partners with Christ if we hold firmly to the end the confidence we had at the beginning.

15 This is what the scripture says:

“If you hear God's voice today,
    do not be stubborn, as your ancestors were
    when they rebelled against God.”

16 Who were the people who heard God's voice and rebelled against him? All those who were led out of Egypt by Moses. 17 With whom was God angry for forty years? With the people who sinned, who fell down dead in the desert. 18 When God made his solemn promise, “They will never enter the land where I would have given them rest”—of whom was he speaking? Of those who rebelled. 19 We see, then, that they were not able to enter the land, because they did not believe.

***If one truly has faith and truly believes in Gods plan of Mercy and Grace through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus, one does not go on stubbornly willfully rebelling against His WORD.

1 Samuel 15:23

23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the Word of the Lord, He hath also rejected thee from being king.

Gods Word states that His /Law/commandments  are placed into a TRUE christian believers heart . It is what transforms us into becoming HIS NEW creation becoming more and more Christ Like by the re-newing of His Holy Spirit working in us,  transformation us through a living relationship with Him into His likeness. If God is LAW we are to also become like Him through His Holy Spirit working in us.   If we remain the same as when we where sinners and keep in our sins of rebellion /witchcraft, than we are deceiving ourselves

Yes we ALL sin, but as Christians having an active relationship with Him we confess to Him when we go wrong  and ask HIm to forgive us and help us improve  and we ask Him to remove these sins and strong holds from our lives. God is faithful to help remove these sins from our lives and bring us to His wholeness. God has made provision for those who believe on Him, that He came to shed His blood to make appropriation for our sins, and that by HIS paid shed blood for our sins, we are covered and healed from them, And through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit of God in us, we are to be transformed more and more into HIs new creation and become more and more Christ-like.  We don't have to keep being, cold hearted sociopaths, prostitutes, drug addicts, criminals,luciferian occultist. True repentance in Christ Jesus will change our hearts and transform us to become more and more wholesome in and through Him working in us. If we remain the same sinner as before finding Christ Jesus, than most likely,we never truly turned our lives over to God through His plan of Mercy and Grace through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus.   The TRUE understanding of His plan of Mercy& Grace was never truly imparted into our hearts.

Edited by 1to3