• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/15/2019 at 8:18 AM, Yeshua153 said:

I prefer Yeshua, to distinguish from the 'other jesus'. Yeshua died for His bride, the church, ONLY, not for the whole world. Ephraim 5v25, saying 'Christ loved the church & gave Himself for her'. 

Really.  Explain  your statement, as it is opposite to John 3:16 and the gospel.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

I can explain warrior12.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;

but that the world through him might be saved.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

The ones given by the Father, chosen out of the world

John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosenyou out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

Really.  Explain  your statement, as it is opposite to John 3:16 and the gospel.

Be glad to, Let us define Jn 3v16, you will notice it does not say 'for God loved the world' but 'so loved'. The word so is houto in greek, an adverb meaning 'thus, in this way' did God love world-kosmon-orderly arrangement. It goes on whosoever-paso-pas by itself would be 'all', but paso is 'the all' meaning 'the believing all' (God's elect). They are the main words that indicate its not the whole world, otherwise these verses would have to be scrapped from the bible!

Jn 15v19 "If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

Jn 17v9 "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours." 

Jn 17v11 "Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep[d] through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are."

Jn 17v14 " I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world."

Col 2v8 "Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ."

James 4v4 "Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God." 

1Jn 2v15 " Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

'for God loved the world' but 'so loved'. The word so is houto in greek, an adverb meaning 'thus, in this way'

IT increases the meaning of God loving the world, to so loved the world, even as people use this saying these days, I so love you, or I love you so much.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

We perceive God loved all, by laying His life down for all.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

The Lord likewise wills all men should repent..

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Prayers for those taken out of the world..

John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but forthem which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Also prayers to be made for all men, as all men can come to repentance..

1 Timothy 2:1  I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

That is confirmed by peace spoken to the saints, BUT

but let them NOT TURN AGAIN TO FOLLY.

Psalm 85:8 I will hear what God the Lord will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly.

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth

these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

But they shall proceed no further:

for their FOLLY shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

The correct example is this:

But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell,

And SPARED NOT THE OLD WORLD, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness,

BRINGING IN THE FLOOD UPON THE WORLD OF THE UNGODLY;

condemned them with an overthrow, making them AN EXAMPLE UNTO THOSE THAT AFTER SHOULD LIVE UNGODLY;

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations

walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government.

Presumptuous are they, selfwilled

Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin

For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, THE DOG IS TURNED TO HIS VOMIT AGAIN, and, THE SOW THAT WAS WASHED TO HER WALLLOWING IN THE MIRE.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

On 10/18/2019 at 11:47 AM, Yeshua153 said:

Be glad to, Let us define Jn 3v16, you will notice it does not say 'for God loved the world' but 'so loved'. The word so is houto in greek, an adverb meaning 'thus, in this way' did God love world-kosmon-orderly arrangement. It goes on whosoever-paso-pas by itself would be 'all', but paso is 'the all' meaning 'the believing all' (God's elect). They are the main words that indicate its not the whole world, otherwise these verses would have to be scrapped from the bible!

Jn 15v19 "If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

Jn 17v9 "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours." 

Jn 17v11 "Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep[d] through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are."

Jn 17v14 " I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world."

Col 2v8 "Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ."

James 4v4 "Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God." 

1Jn 2v15 " Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

All the dissection of John 3:16 in Greek as you put it can be argued by other scholars I would think.  I am not a scholar, nor learned in Greek languages .   I have heard that the translation to English can be difficult, so will take your word for it for now.   On the other hand, Paul the great apostle, has written so much on the salvation of ALL MEN and Paul has said himself, that his words are given to him by Christ.  

Yes, I can see a type of Calvinism in the gospel, but also that God sent his son into the fleshy world as the final offering for man, and salvation for anyone who would believe and yes it is by the grace of God, that is at work, Ephesians 2:8-9  .

Ephesians 3 King James Version (KJV)

For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/15/2019 at 7:18 AM, Yeshua153 said:

My only mission, is to find others of God's elect, few though there are, & some who may not yet know they are, & like I was, maybe stuck in some church, until God helps you find His truth. If necessary, I will add more

Great edification of the Church of God, your stuck in.
So, how can you tell if someone is God's elect, few though they are?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 10/15/2019 at 5:18 AM, Yeshua153 said:

Yeshua died for His bride, the church, ONLY, not for the whole world. Ephraim 5v25, saying 'Christ loved the church & gave Himself for her'. 

Matthew 15:24 24But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost the house of Israel.  KVJ