ravindran

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

In the morning I was reading Bible and had never paid attention to this part in Gospel according to John, chapter 12. This is the event where Mary Magdalene uses a costly perfume to wash Jesus's feet. I have never paid attention to the underlined portion of the scripture before. We all know Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. That was not the first time he fell for the desire of money. This was something he has been doing often and routinely. Even before that, he was a thief. He was stealing money. He was in-charge of money bag and he was keeping some for himself. What started as simple theft, led him to betray the Messiah. I think this is so true in all our lives. We give into little sin thinking it does no harm. All sins start as a paper cut. When not paid attention, it deepens into a severe wound and becomes life threatening. This made me wonder what are all the paper cuts I am allowing in my life without cleansing them with Jesus's blood! Something to ponder about

But Judas Iscariot didn’t like what Mary did. He was one of Jesus’ disciples. Later he was going to hand Jesus over to his enemies. Judas said, “Why wasn’t this perfume sold? Why wasn’t the money given to poor people? It was worth a year’s pay.” He didn’t say this because he cared about the poor. He said it because he was a thief. Judas was in charge of the money bag. He used to help himself to what was in it.