existential mabel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

we in the west have little or no idea myself included. and though i would like to bury my head in the sand about this possiblity happening i dont think that is helpful but neither scaring myself rigid is either!

so anyone got any thoughts and please nothing massively complicated thanks!

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

There is only one way to prepare, if you can even prepare, and that is to have the faith one needs to follow through to the end.  Trust Him in the little things and when it comes to the bigger things in life, it will be second nature.  Trying to "do it yourself" is where failure begins.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

44 minutes ago, other one said:

Get down on your knees and make sure that you have the Holy Spirit with you.....    then ask him to tell you what to do when the time comes....   if you have the spirit he will either keep you from trouble or show you how to get through it.     And it's as simple as that.

I thought about finding a place in SE Oklahoma and just disappear

Many rich people are escaping to that area OO.  I hear underground homes there are the best bet.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, existential mabel said:

we in the west have little or no idea myself included. and though i would like to bury my head in the sand about this possiblity happening i dont think that is helpful but neither scaring myself rigid is either!

Pray and give it to God. He is in control. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Hi Existential Mabel,

The best way to prepare for persecution and be ready is  to have a strong grounded relationship with God, fortify myself with his Word and Prayer.  I'd like to think my faith is strong, but if I was being tortured I wonder if I could withstand that even though I know I love the Lord. That's why I'm going to do what the word says here and pray for the protective armor and rely on God to see me through if and when the time comes.

Ephesians 6:13, "Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand” 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

15 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

@other one, there's plenty of places to disappear in our neck of the woods (in a manner of speaking). I live in the foothills of a mountain range and as I've written elsewhere, most of my neighbors walk around on four feet (or sport feathers, or slither on their belly). I live in a place where people disappear every year. Young girls go missing from nearby reservations and no one but the Lord remembers them.

This region is a stronghold of the evil ones: it's infested with children of the devil.

I'm only alive because of God, and I'm where it pleases the Lord for me to be. He raised me up from death here. I don't think it's fair for me to weigh in here since I lost everything except the life in my limbs … and I was determined to snuff that out, too. I was a shell of a man who was so weak he couldn't stand, thus I'll never forget what the Son of God has done for me. To live is Christ and so I'm prepared to suffer as he suffered. Here's how complicated life is for me:

To live is Christ and to die is gain. :)

the dark side thought they had me in the late 70's but God stepped in and snatched me from their grasp....   Several times he has saved me from serious harm or death.    So I figure what life I have belongs to him....   I think I'm here to take care of my wife who is handicapped....   that and praying for my grand kids and people who come into our lives that have found themselves entwined with the dark ones.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

2 hours ago, lovethelord said:

Hi Existential Mabel,

The best way to prepare for persecution and be ready is  to have a strong grounded relationship with God, fortify myself with his Word and Prayer.  I'd like to think my faith is strong, but if I was being tortured I wonder if I could withstand that even though I know I love the Lord. That's why I'm going to do what the word says here and pray for the protective armor and rely on God to see me through if and when the time comes.

Ephesians 6:13, "Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand” 

No better advice than quoting that scripture verse. It says it all.   Imagine, millions of believers live in large city's and town's and has no resources to escape to  dugouts ect. What are they to do, leave their jobs and whatever existence they have and run  to the hills.  No, prayer and trust in the Lord for his divine shield and protection as the scripture quoted would  keep your heart at ease.   

Indeed the world is getting tougher in many aspects, like food, shelter and even work, together with the criminal elements.   We still have to do some basics and store a little as in the manner when a storm is announced or coming.   

Edited by warrior12
  • Thanks 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, existential mabel said:

The Lord can give us peace of mind in any situation. Faith is a key component. But worrying about things that haven't happened isn't the way to go. Jesus taught us not to worry.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

Many rich people are escaping to that area OO.  I hear underground homes there are the best bet.

I have decided already when the time comes I'm just going to stand up and yell Jesus is Lord and Satan is defeated and hope they cut my head off really quick.   I'm told if it's done properly it really doesn't hurt.