• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, existential mabel said:

we in the west have little or no idea myself included. and though i would like to bury my head in the sand about this possiblity happening i dont think that is helpful but neither scaring myself rigid is either!

so anyone got any thoughts and please nothing massively complicated thanks!

Nothing massively complicated is my specialty. I've recently spent a lot of time thinking on this subject (literally just praying about it this morning in fact) and I feel like when we stand in those hours/days/weeks His Spirit will carry us and bear with us. We don't have to worry and I'm not sure it's something we can really prepare for other than being wise and knowing His Word so we can recognize the times. His hand will always be upon His children, and He will walk with us to the very end. Whatever that end may be. 

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, existential mabel said:

we in the west have little or no idea myself included. and though i would like to bury my head in the sand about this possiblity happening i dont think that is helpful but neither scaring myself rigid is either!

so anyone got any thoughts and please nothing massively complicated thanks!

Mabel, you are so right. More than anything, the West must understand the cost that Jesus bore for us. I have shared many stories about this. It is beautiful that God has given us this fellowship, but God may have given us each a purpose being here as well. I truly believe you have hit on this one that I have embraced so much. Persecution strengthens the Body of Christ and brings to real and genuine intimacy how Jesus wants us to be with one another.

I would certainly recommend reading the free book by Pastor Richard Wurmbrand, "Tortured For Christ." Not only is it true and compelling, but Richard shared the very same thing you did: "How will I know if I am able"? It is not up to us to withstand persecution, but Christ in us who said to Paul, "My strength is made perfect in weakness." That is the whole key. And Paul responded, "Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ's power may rest on me." My heart has been changed significantly by reading not only that book, but six of his other books. He loved his torturers, and many were converted to Christ. 

Jesus said to his followers, "No servant is greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my Name, for they do not know the One who sent me." Persecution and being a Christian cannot be separated. Persecution is not always physical, but it can be. I ask myself, "Am I even worthy enough to suffer for Christ's sake"? Am I afraid? Yes. Humanly, I am. But I must rest upon my faith that Jesus will give me what I need at the time it is required. God bless you for sharing your concern. ❤

Edited by Coliseum
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Pray and meditate on Scriptures about being sold out to God. Fill up on His Word. It is only when we are willing to die for something that we truly start living. Come Lord Jesus, come.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, other one said:

I have decided already when the time comes I'm just going to stand up and yell Jesus is Lord and Satan is defeated and hope they cut my head off really quick.   I'm told if it's done properly it really doesn't hurt.

You and me both.  I never was one for hiding.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Persecution of Christians in America? Are you trying to hood wink me?

Every poll I've seen and depending on who's poll, 70 - 80% of Americans identify themselves with the Christian religion. See sample poll below. Are all these Christians going to have a civil war and persecute one another?

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

We are rapidly developing into a Utopian country sharing our labor, savings and wealth with those whom deserve it more than we who earned it. There's no way persecution can occur here in America. Intolerance and hate is being dealt with with hate laws, protected classes, hate speech, baking cakes for everyone, CNN, and the Democratic controlled Congress; Christian persecution... give me a break.

We're quickly becoming a nation of all inclusiveness and celebrate diversity, heck, we even light up the White House with the Lord's symbol of the rainbow. Obama boldly declared while in a Muslim country, "we are no longer a Christian nation". This promotes national unity, religious tolerance, collectivism and solidarity between our citizenship and hive nation. Come on people, you're drinking the Jim Jones Kool aid. 

We have become a humanistic nation with no moral absolutes, your truth may not be my truth. What could unite us more than that? Perhaps one should remove the wool over ones eyes, wake up and smell the coffee? We're tired of offending people trying to get the 'truth' out of them in official testimony. So removing "so help me God' from our oaths in government is a small step in the right direction. Argue that one will ya? Can't we just get along, should be our national slogan and printed on our one dollar bills just as a reminder. We even have the Vatican promoting peace and harmony between religions; what could be better? Why are we not taking comfort with all the preceding?

Perhaps this thread should be moved to the 'Conspiracy' category???

kool aid.jpg

Edited by Dennis1209

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

23 hours ago, OneLight said:

There is only one way to prepare, if you can even prepare, and that is to have the faith one needs to follow through to the end.  Trust Him in the little things and when it comes to the bigger things in life, it will be second nature.  Trying to "do it yourself" is where failure begins.

thanks for clarifying and a reminder too

23 hours ago, other one said:

Get down on your knees and make sure that you have the Holy Spirit with you.....    then ask him to tell you what to do when the time comes....   if you have the spirit he will either keep you from trouble or show you how to get through it.     And it's as simple as that.

I thought about finding a place in SE Oklahoma and just disappear

i have no where to go and so if/when the sh*** hits the fan. i am a rabbit in headlights

21 hours ago, Tampered With said:

Get right with God, get as close to Jesus as you can, and if you have not been Baptised in the Holy Spirit then seek help for that. 

If you have all three you are GOLDEN! 

I am ready and willing to go home when my Lord has need of me! I am where I am not for my safety but to try to help my three youngest granddaughters. I have never thought since I was in my twenties I would die of old age. In fact I am shocked I have lived to be as old as I am now. Praise God!!! Death has NO STING! 

urm is being born again mean that i am baptised in the Holy Spirit? yeah i have wondered about getting older but for differnet reasons...family history....but i do believe that we are in the last days and i am not given to saying stuff like this. ever since i was born there have from time to time been 'prophecies about the end of the world is nigh' and it became just background in fact it never was more than background

21 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Pray and give it to God. He is in control. 

thanks muffet indeed that is good advice

21 hours ago, lovethelord said:

Hi Existential Mabel,

The best way to prepare for persecution and be ready is  to have a strong grounded relationship with God, fortify myself with his Word and Prayer.  I'd like to think my faith is strong, but if I was being tortured I wonder if I could withstand that even though I know I love the Lord. That's why I'm going to do what the word says here and pray for the protective armor and rely on God to see me through if and when the time comes.

Ephesians 6:13, "Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand” 

yes and that is the crunch really do any of us really know just how we would be. a real test on keeping our eyes fixed...

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

The Lord can give us peace of mind in any situation. Faith is a key component. But worrying about things that haven't happened isn't the way to go. Jesus taught us not to worry.

ah yes worry...having to learn...once when i was younger a lot younger cough much coughing i was experiencing peace and that was way before i became a 'Christian proper'

20 hours ago, Sonshine said:

Regarding the end times, I believe that the Bible has laid out for us the chronological order of events so that we will not be confused or deceived.  Studying the Word is the first step to being prepared.  … then you can become a watchman for the Lord! 

the bible is so amazing ...i do marvel at these world leaders ...obvioulsy not bible readers then...

20 hours ago, Coliseum said:

I would certainly recommend reading the free book by Pastor Richard Wurmbrand, "Tortured For Christ." Not only is it true and compelling,

i did a number of years ago and it freaked me!! for some people its a real source of help but for me that wasnt so. thanks anyway