• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

The world sure does love October 31st. Thanks be to God that we are no longer part of that world. We may be in it but we are not of it.

I'm very happy my first church taught us that if we acknowledge this evil day it is against God. I had just been saved so I didn't know, I hadn't even thought of it yet. The church did do some special things for the children that day, I only remember the bobbing for apples. But nothing at all concerning ghosts, goblins, witches, warlocks, skeletons, vampires, zombies nor monsters. And the only thing they did with pumpkins was to serve pumpkin pie. The children enjoyed it as did the adults. That was my first yr saved so I thought the church made a big deal about nothing. I was so wrong.

My parents used to go "all out" decorating their house for Christmas, but today professing Christians go "all out" decorating their homes for that Halloween. This should not be.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

Nothing matters like blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and murder.

No murderer has eternal life abiding in them, and blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is because people associate evil with the Lords Holy Spirit.

When we know that all that is in the world is wickedness, we do not love what is of this world, and we are in this world, we cant avoid everything that is around us, that is not acknowledging the day.

The same as the Lord concluded the Jews in unbelief, to continue their circumcisions, that is not an offence to the Lord, as He gave them that commandment and did so through Abraham, the father of us all.

Then the only that matters, is they would come to know through the Holy Ghost, to be circumcised through the Spirit through the baptism of Christ, completes the covenant of the Lord, and until then, the only evil they would be doing is not knowing the Lord yet.

Romans 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Luke 2:21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

I utterly agree. It is horrific and i hate it. Halloween is unwholesome and no christian should be having any involvement in it. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I thought bobbing for apples was of Pagan origin as well? Wikipedia says it's when the Romans invaded Britain, they brought apples with them, which apples are a representation of the goddess of plenty, Pomona. A bit like throwing the flowers at a wedding, the first unmarried person to bite into the apple was the next one to marry. It is also said that, if a young maiden slept with the bitten apple under her pillow, she would dream of her future sweetheart.

In a way, I rather dislike the pagan origins of Halloween. I mean, i'm someone who rather enjoys the macabre. Not to the point of enjoying violence or gore, mind you, I think of it more like... Memento Mori, if that makes any sense. Costumes can be very neat and creative, and as someone who knows makeup, the makeup work that some people do can also be quite fascinating. However, many others see such things in a violent, gory, or what i'd call "hostile" way. Think of one of those "haunted houses" people walk through on Halloween. There's a meat grinder with human flesh, some guy pretending to eat it, some guy jumps out of the dark in order to scare people, etc. It's just gross, and has poor intentions behind it. If anything, I think i'd be more fond of something like Dia de Muertos, though maybe with less of an ancestor worship connotation (the departed dancing with them, etc). A period of time set aside to remember and pray for the ones no longer with us, and rather than either being depressing or going out of our way to scare other people, it's more of a celebration of life. That's largely what memento mori was about - you're going to die, you don't know when you will die, so use your life well as it still is.

I'm blabbering on a bit, but yeah, I don't think i'll be celebrating Halloween anymore.

Edited by Repose

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, JTC said:

The world sure does love October 31st. Thanks be to God that we are no longer part of that world. We may be in it but we are not of it.

I'm very happy my first church taught us that if we acknowledge this evil day it is against God. I had just been saved so I didn't know, I hadn't even thought of it yet. The church did do some special things for the children that day, I only remember the bobbing for apples. But nothing at all concerning ghosts, goblins, witches, warlocks, skeletons, vampires, zombies nor monsters. And the only thing they did with pumpkins was to serve pumpkin pie. The children enjoyed it as did the adults. That was my first yr saved so I thought the church made a big deal about nothing. I was so wrong.

My parents used to go "all out" decorating their house for Christmas, but today professing Christians go "all out" decorating their homes for that Halloween. This should not be.

There are activities at Churches that children can attend. Kids can dress up as characters other than witches or goblins. I think parents should talk with their kids and tell them their concern for Halloween. It is not fair to make your children stay in the house when all of their friends are participating in Halloween. I am older with grown children so I do not participate in Halloween. 

• Thumbs Up 1