• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

@Debp

my apologies, it seems that the topic has gone off into Law again.  I thought I was just affirming what had been said, but I guess my mention of the Law of Liberty did not communicate the Liberty part. 

when you quoted those verses, it lifted my spirit.  Especially this one:

12So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; 13bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. 14Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.  Colossians 3:12-14

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

@lftc

“my thinks”

Was directed at what my thoughts are, as to what  I wrote concerning the two trees or the two laws. 

And yes I agree, waiting before God is assuredly the best place to wait. 

I am, but not as much as tomorrow. For each and every day,  if I can know and get closer to this Christ who died for me, a little more than yesterday, it was a blessed day.

In Christ, Not me 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 10/16/2019 at 3:54 PM, Debp said:

12So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; 13bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. 14Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.  Colossians 3:12-14

34“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35“By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.  Galatians 5:22-23

But the above qualities will lead to good works.   Because the above qualities are something in us, a change in our hearts/lives.... something the Holy Spirit has wrought in us.    Because we are now new creations in Christ, the works will naturally follow.   Not in a legalistic way, but in our spirits.... reaching out to others with good works, with the love of Christ for others.

• Praise God! 1