IGNORED

what is your opinion on modern day feminism? what about men's right movement?

Equippers

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

The same as no blindness is on Israel any more, it is on the whole world instead.

Women do not have to worry about the role of men, it is temporary, neither make nor female, and no marriage in Heaven.

As Christ gave His life for the church, so ought men to love their own wives, and I think every women with a heart made by the Lord, can only feel tat kind of love is worthwhile, and has every meaning for them.

These days men are only talkers, and so much so, that women took over some of their roles, preaching, becoming strong, doing all a guy would do and be, because who they should rely on, is unreliable.

The head of the woman is supposed to be the man, just as Christ is the head of the man, but men think they are their own head, so what is left for anyone seeking the Lord.

If a man then cant find a faithful women, and a woman cant see any faithful in the Lord men, it still has a purpose, so our trust goes only and sincerely in the Lord, even as God left us some thoughts, how the unmarried cares for the things of the Lord, how they may please Him.

Take time out, learn the lessons of this life, with God the life goes on forever, with a man or a woman, they are the same anyone found in the past, which was an end to their life.

But a faithful one can be given from the Lord, the Lord proves our faith in Him first.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

On 10/18/2019 at 5:34 AM, TheAimes said:

As far as my thoughts on the "me too" movement - there probably are some false reports made but we also do live in a very broken world that likes to silence/shame the many who have suffered sexual attacks/violence. If it's done nothing else, at least it's brought the subject to light and those who unfortunately do suffer/have suffered feel they have a voice. I don't think we should set aside proper investigation/procedure by any means, but we need to let the victims them know it's okay to come forward/speak up. 

i agree, i think we should make the victims of sexual harassment/violence to come forward.

unfortunately, my impression of the me too movement is that they want to do away with proper investigation/procedures. Which put innocent men at risk.

i am sure you can appreciate, being accused of rape carries heavy consequences, legal and otherwise. this kind of stuff can ruin a person 's life completely, that is why i am not a huge fan of the me too movement, to put it politely.

8 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

Let's be honest: women are preyed upon in this world by sinful men but these wicked men do much, much more than that. They prey upon children and other men as well in pursuit of their ungodly lusts! 

and let's face it. many good innocent men are ruined by lies of sinful women. and it is not just the men themselves, but their family as well. their wives, children, parents, siblings, friends all have to bear the brunt of those lies.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:41 AM, missmuffet said:

Feminism advocates equal rights for men/women. If men and women would walk in obedience to God's word radical feminism would be seen for what it is. The harmony that God has ordained would be the result.

the current wave of feminism is nothing like their predecessors.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:05 AM, maryjayne said:

is this thread open for female input too?

of course. "you guys" is just an expression for you, all of you.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:32 AM, Clipper said:

There are still several issues facing women today, we've seen some of that with the #MeToo movement, and I've seen a lot of the ways other men talk about women as demeaning.

well, if you search online, you would see plenty of examples where women talk about men in demeaning way.

There's also issues like the gender pay gap, which I read as $0.89 per dollar the last time I checked, although different sources will give wildly different answers. 

what you are talking about here is precisely the problem with modern day feminism, they have such a strangle hold over many left wing media that the so called gender pay gap, which is a distorted figure, has been cited over and over again that people begin to believe them

here is a excerpt from the AAUW study

"The AAUW has now joined ranks with serious economists who find that when you control for relevant differences between men and women (occupations, college majors, length of time in workplace) the wage gap narrows to the point of vanishing. The 23-cent gap is simply the average difference between the earnings of men and women employed “full time.” What is important is the “adjusted” wage gap-the figure that controls for all the relevant variables. That is what the new AAUW study explores

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/wage-gap_b_2073804

the so called wage gap is simply the reflection of variables such as different career choices made by men and women etc

Engineering is always going to be paid more than early child teaching.

During an IT internship I took over the summer, I met about 40 male employees, I only saw two women; there's still a major disparity between genders in certain job fields.

what you have described here, is it due to barriers that stop women from entering the field of IT, or is it simply a reflection of different interest by gender hence difference career choices made by men and women?

i used to study nursing, and one of the thing i noticed when i was doing placement on the wards is that female nurses far outnumbers male nurses. so does that mean nursing as a profession discriminate against men? or is it a simple reflection of women are far more likely to be attracted to the profession of nursing compares with men? and it is not a reflection of any present barriers that stops a large number of men from entering the profession?

Yes, there are a few man-hating radical feminist types out there, but there are also some real issues and I don't think we should let that small vocal group overshadow the other actual problems women have to deal with.

the very fact that distorted myth such as gender wage gap is so commonly cited in the media by "mainstream" feminist, just shows the problem does not restrict to a small group of radicals.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, nzkev said:

Whoah The first part was pretty good, your second part was out there, Jump to too many conclusions from points not even brought up Ill leave it there

I'm not sure exactly what you mean or what you are objecting to with what I said.   I know it's shocking but that is what happens in far too many instances, when an abused woman approaches her church for help....she is told to go home and submit to her husband (as if she hasn't been??)  while nothing is done about the abuse. ( And then sadly a lot of wife beating ends in the death or permanent disability of the wife.)  Same when child abuse comes to light in the church....it gets covered up instead of being dealt with biblically.  Cover-ups is not walking in the light....it is darkness.   Do we think God does not see, or that He is not angry about the mistreatment and exploitation of women and children in His house?  From scripture it is clear that yes He is.  

Edited by Heleadethme

14 hours ago, Adam777 said:

The same as no blindness is on Israel any more, it is on the whole world instead.

Women do not have to worry about the role of men, it is temporary, neither make nor female, and no marriage in Heaven.

As Christ gave His life for the church, so ought men to love their own wives, and I think every women with a heart made by the Lord, can only feel tat kind of love is worthwhile, and has every meaning for them.

These days men are only talkers, and so much so, that women took over some of their roles, preaching, becoming strong, doing all a guy would do and be, because who they should rely on, is unreliable.

The head of the woman is supposed to be the man, just as Christ is the head of the man, but men think they are their own head, so what is left for anyone seeking the Lord.

If a man then cant find a faithful women, and a woman cant see any faithful in the Lord men, it still has a purpose, so our trust goes only and sincerely in the Lord, even as God left us some thoughts, how the unmarried cares for the things of the Lord, how they may please Him.

Take time out, learn the lessons of this life, with God the life goes on forever, with a man or a woman, they are the same anyone found in the past, which was an end to their life.

But a faithful one can be given from the Lord, the Lord proves our faith in Him first.

Am in agreement with some of what you said here, but just not sure if I understood all of it.   Amen...it is a short life here, though I think it is fruitful meanwhile  to try and rectify some of the wrongs in the body of Christ.  For example....we often hear from pulpits that women are to submit to their husbands....and children obey parents....but we seldom if ever hear how husbands are to love their wives and honour them as weaker vessels....or that fathers are not to provoke their children to bitterness.  Since women and children are the most  vulnerable overall, one would think the emphasis would even be on the other foot.  And then there doesn't seem to be any understanding and instruction at all as to what all those things mean and don't mean....at least not that I've ever heard.

10 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

I'm wondering if a Christian response to the factious squabbling of the world is necessary, beyond praying for the sake of our neighbor and the ones who lead them. As Christians we know better than to treat others with contempt, heaping scorn on their heads like a transgressor ourselves. I realize that few foster my distaste for political matters and pursuits entangled with this world because I'm afforded the opportunity to live in such a way … and I don't miss that world at all.

Let's be honest: women are preyed upon in this world by sinful men but these wicked men do much, much more than that. They prey upon children and other men as well in pursuit of their ungodly lusts! Just as the Law doesn't save but rather convicts these men, human laws can only incarcerate more. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life (John 14:16) and we know that the Lord is the answer this lost world needs … not feminism, or rationalism, or activism for anything but the eternal gospel.         

The church was not given a mandate to be involved in political activism...only to go and make disciples.  The gospel is our only mandate.  Jesus did not involve Himself in political things...He FLED the temptation of being crowned king of Israel.  Injustices in the world are not our business in terms of activism, except that as Christians we do what we can individually to help a suffering neighbour, or a church as a whole can offer relief and help within a neighbourhood.  However, when injustices are occurring within the body of  Christ....it needs to be addressed.  Not our business to judge those outside, but to judge those inside the church.

And....I hear people blaming women for the problems in the church nowadays....but I read where being "ruled over by women" is a judgment of God, not the reason for the problems.....but it is the judgment of God for those problems.  Anyway we are in the falling away now....and the only instruction I hear from the Lord is to come out of her, because He IS judging His house just as the time came in 70 AD when He judged Israel of old.  Not one stone left on another.  When you see "Jerusalem" surrounded by armies, about to be judged....FLEE to the mountains (high places in God).  And for the church in the wilderness that has come outside the camp, by the grace of the Lord we don't want to repeat the same mistakes as the church that is now being judged.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Fathers are shown what they are, me included, that we had fathers of our flesh and they corrected us, but they did it after their own pleasures..

Hebrews 12:Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; BUT HE FOR OUR PROFIT, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

The weaker vessel, but the man is deeply taught by the Lord, how the man is not without the woman in the Lord, and the ones who seem more feeble are more necessary:

1 Corinthians 11:11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

1 Corinthians 12:22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies.

He that loveth his wife loveth himself

but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church

Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself;

and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Ephesians 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right

That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

which is the first commandment with promise

For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment;

that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.( the first commandment with PROMISE)

Ephesians 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Genesis 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1