• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,255
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - October 18, 2019

Friend, see the power of God in Sukkot!

2 Chronicles 7:10-14 On the twenty-third day of the seventh month he sent the people away to their tents, joyful and glad of heart for the good that the LORD had done for David, and to Solomon, and for His people Israel. And Solomon finished the house of the LORD and the King's palace, and Solomon successfully completed all that came into his heart to make in the house of the LORD and in his own palace, he has caused to prosper. And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him, "I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice. If I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, if My people, which are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Roughly 3000 years ago during this month, King Solomon dedicated the Temple he had built for the Lord. So it was in the Hebrew month of Tishrei, the month of the fall feasts of Israel, that the presence of the Lord fell and the glory of God was displayed in the Temple.

A few nights from now will mark the closing of this final feast, but its occurrence 3000 years ago is also significantly highlighted -- by a visitation from God -- to King Solomon.

You see, it was on this night, on the last night of Sukkot, that God appeared to Solomon by night, and said, “If my people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

Yes, God gave us here an eternal promise with a set of conditions; one which is quoted by everyone who seeks revival for his nation.

Friend, let's take God at His Word and turn this "IF" into an "I WILL"...humble myself, and pray, and seek Your face, and repent of my wicked ways...and thank you for answering from heaven, and forgiving my sin, and Praise You for healing our land!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: Our preliminary US and UK speaking tour calendar are now online. We have quite a few more dates to add as soon as they are confirmed. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information. 

Editor's Note: If you have a prayer request, or if you'd be interested in becoming an intercessor, be sure to visit the Worthy Prayer Team!

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
'We’ve got a great deal': UK and EU agree to Brexit deal
The United Kingdom and the European Union have agreed to deal for splitting up, signaling a big breakthrough in the lead-up to Britain’s planned exit from the EU at the end of the month.
Pence Announces Ceasefire Deal With Erdogan to End Turkey’s Syria Offensive
U.S. Vice President Mike Pence said on Thursday he had reached a deal with Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan for a ceasefire in northern Syria to end an eight-day-old Turkish offensive against Kurdish-led forces.
US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
The United States on Friday imposed a range of punitive tariffs on European goods.
Pence says Erdogan knows Trump 'says what he means' after Syria cease-fire
Vice President Mike Pence told Fox News in an exclusive interview Thursday that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan 'knows President Trump says what he means what he says' about Trump's threat to slap sanctions on Turkey if its military defies the terms of a cease-fire meant to halt Ankara's offensive against Kurdish fighters in northern Syria.
Venezuela Wins Seat on U.N. Rights Council Despite U.S. Opposition
Venezuela was elected to the United Nations Human Rights Council on Thursday with 105 votes and a round of applause, despite fierce lobbying against it by the United States and rights groups, and the late entry of Costa Rica as competition.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Gantz reportedly looking to form minority government with Liberman’s backing
Blue and White leader Benny Gantz is reportedly planning to invite representatives of Yisrael Beytenu and Likud to talks on forming a unity government if he is tasked with forming a coalition next week.
As US withdraws, Jerusalem spooked by Moscow’s growing control over Middle East
US President Donald Trump’s newly announced withdrawal of nearly all US troops from northern Syria has cemented Russia’s status as the predominant global military power actively engaged in the Middle East.
Pompeo lands in Israel for meet with Netanyahu, talks on Syria
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo landed in Israel overnight Thursday-Friday for talks on Syria following the pullout of American soldiers and Turkey’s launching of a military offensive against Kurdish fighters.
Gantz rejects unity offer from Netanyahu
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called Blue and White leader Benny Gantz on Thursday and offered him a new framework on matters of religion and state and other issues that could help bring about the formation of a national-unity government.

Inside the United States
'Organized destruction': William Barr blasts 'militant secularists' over assault on religion
Attorney General William P. Barr offered a withering evisceration of anti-religious sentiment last week, defending the central role of Judeo-Christian moral standards in American democracy, accusing 'militant secularists' of an assault on religion that’s become as intolerant as religions they criticize.
U.S. Senate fails to override Trump veto of bill to end border emergency
President Donald Trump’s emergency declaration, which he says allows him to redirect federal funds to build a U.S.-Mexico border wall, will stay in effect after the U.S. Senate on Thursday failed to override his veto of legislation terminating the executive action.

Christian News
‘Sad Day’ in Algeria as Officials Seal Buildings of Country’s Largest Churches
Authorities in Algeria on Wednesday (Oct. 16) closed the Tafath (Light) church building in Tizi-Ouzou, a day after sealing shut the country’s largest church despite resistance, sources said.
Saudi Arabia to Allow Access to Ancient Biblical Sites, Including 'the Real' Mount Sinai
After being closed to tourism for the past few decades, Saudi Arabia is not only allowing tourists to visit but opening their doors for those who want to see the biblical sites the country has to offer.
Survey: Christianity declining rapidly in US, down 12 percentage points in last decade
A new survey shows American Christianity is declining steadily, with young Americans increasingly identifying as unaffiliated with any religious group.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyministries.com.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions
George Whitten
Lazman Hazeh Music

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA