• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all,

It is 36 degrees F in the mountains this AM going to be 35 just before light appears. There really isn't any sunrise here as the trees are 90 to 120 tall all around us.

I can hardly wait  for my sweet Texas peach to awaken so she can tell me how much she enjoys this and how wonderful it is here instead of  in the subtropics where it is 70 degree F right now and the sun will rise and I would actually see it do so. 

I told myself Peach loves the idea of these mountains and so will I!  It is beautiful. Whether I will still have  any enthusiasm for it later myself will greatly depend on how thrilled she is by the crispy weather I guess.

But.... Oh well life's adventures evidently does now include the propane fireplace burner going on and off several times during the night.  Dreamt of marshmellows on a stick half the night. The other half, well that was the cat up on the bed, geesh  a cat on the bed,  it was no dream, augh. 

Praise God though for this fun opportunity to spend our wedding anniversary away from the "heat" of the subtropics  ( I tend to think of it as the warmth) and instead be in the mountains, especially for my bride's sake on this day.

And that's the Whether.

Time for some hot morning tea.

How's the weather in other parts of this globe today?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

How's the weather in other parts of this globe today?

A perfect 74 degrees here in California. Happy Anniversary, bro! How many years of wedded bliss has it been? My sister and brother in-law just returned from Boston on their 50th.  

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

A very Happy Anniversary to you both. May God continue to draw you closer to each other as you each grow closer to Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I live in the mountains as well so I'll offer the conditions from my stretch of the high desert, Neighbor. Freezing temperatures overnight with highs in the 70's during the day are common fare at this time. Summer vies with fall while winter looks on, secure in the knowledge that both will fall asleep when snow cloaks this place during the heart of winter. Beautiful beyond words. 

I recall being in the Sierra Mountains when the snow fell. I could look up into the heavens where a zillion stars were looking back, but they did not twinkle. The air was so thin, each of them looked like little, tiny moons. As I got back into my car, a deer darted out from the tall trees and danced across the road. These are the priceless affections the Lord has bestowed abundantly for us to admire.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Happy anniversary.

It's a completely average day here in SD. Neither hot nor cold, a slight breeze... Not bad.

I remember camping in the Rocky Mts with my mother and brother as a kid. You could see for miles. I collected rocks at the time, so my eyes were mainly focused on the ground - good thing, too, cause I was able to collect rather unique things. A chunk of fool's gold, a crystal, even a rock with a bunch of really small seashells in it. Found more joy in the rocks rather than the view, essentially.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

18 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

IMG_0924.GIF.ffa19c99987f6420b6ebabb753fc0268.GIFmarshmallows anyone?  

Oh, yes, thank you, Sonshine. I'll have one in celebration of this special occasion. Now, let me hunt for a good twig. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all, Thank you for the good humor, and well wishes!

I have very poor internet this AM so I cannot respond to all the posts individually at this time.

It is going to warm up some for a few days, should be pretty nice here. No real marshmellows though. Haven't seen but a yearling deer yet. Plenty of turkey though ( two legged). Hope to relearn fresh water fishing these next few days. It has been some time, well actually a long time. Just going to fish along the river bank. My Sweet Peach bought me a flannel shirt, guess I am going native, ha. Don't even know if I can spell flannel correctly, spell check says I can't. Signal too weak to check dictionary so whether right or wrong fannel it is for this AM.

BTW since asked- My life's mate of my young years through to old age and mother of my children graduated to be with  our Lord Jesus after we had known and loved for 50 years.

God has now twice blessed me with such wonderful love with a mate. My Sweet Texas Peach and I are now married long enough to celebrate our third anniversary ( She is a strong one to withstand and love me). We became in love via high technology, online at Zolaboard, and first met at the River Walk , San Antonio.  Whether coincidental or not the chalet we are in  at the mountains has a framed wall painting ( A print) that  I moved  up to the balcony lofted bedroom. Peach  and I looked at it and said well that is really kinda nice lets leave it here it fits. I looked again  and said; yes it sure does why that is the sidewalk cafe scene of the place we first stopped as we walked at the River Walk. It looks French  or New Orleans but that is  San Antonio, Texas, The River Walk, and right where we first started our little journey with a in person chat.  

God can be really cool with His "coincidences" at times. Whether or not one believes in coincidences. Myself, I think they are all purpose filled by our LORD's power  and perhaps just perhaps for His entertainment as He shows us we are not coincidental to Him.

And that is the whether report from here where it will be too warm today  for my new flannel. I do enjoy the reports from around the country and this whole global earth. So thanks for sharing too!

Edited by Neighbor
edited to correct spellings, especially of flannel