• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

CONTROL YOUR DESIRES

Pr 4:23-27 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.  Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.

That is, take care as to what you desire. Desires can lead to life or death. Desires start in the heart, but are reflected by things like what one says (the mouth), what one looks at (the eyes), and where one goes (the feet). In fact the converse is also true. By controlling what you say, look at, and where you go you can affect your desires. "Live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature." Gal 5:16 and "Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires." Gal 5:24

The Proverb Series

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

One thing have I desired of the Lord

that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life

Thou hast given him his heart's desire,

and hast not withholden the request of his lips

He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him,

even length of days for ever and ever.

Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

Psalm 27:4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

Psalm 21:1 The king shall joy in thy strength, O Lord; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head.He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever.

Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Psalm 133:3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lordcommanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord,

that delighteth greatly in his commandments

He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man.

The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Psalm 112:1 Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.

Psalm 147:10 He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man.11 The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.