the lost.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi. Looking for advice. Pretty much have no friends except maybe a few friends in the workplace which are the opposite sex. I try and see those friends as lost brothers but the other side of me see them as worthy of lust due to their attractable qualities. I know nothing is hidden from God. But i'm faced with double-mindedness. Please help.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

If they are a stumbling block to you, you should try to make some other friends... perhaps some female friends?  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/19/2019 at 3:12 AM, JB87 said:

Hi. Looking for advice. Pretty much have no friends except maybe a few friends in the workplace which are the opposite sex. I try and see those friends as lost brothers but the other side of me see them as worthy of lust due to their attractable qualities. I know nothing is hidden from God. But i'm faced with double-mindedness. Please help.

Hi JB,

A word stood out to me when I read your Question, and that is double minded, this passage has been a great help to me personally in overcoming similar thoughts. Know that these thoughts are from the devil, and the battlefield he is fighting for is your mind. 

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. (James 4;7-10)

I Am not perfect by any means, especially with today's immodesty of dress, But I know the victory is won through Him, and drawing nigh to him. My Pastor, when I was a kid said," the first look is the temptation, the second look is the sin," and that is not an excuse to take a long look the first time around. 

Also, get involved in a Bible study with some ladies (Elders), there are some out there, which will help you find a peer group to hold you accountable. We are living in an increasingly "lonely" society, where people only interact over the internet and cell phones, and not in person, Lust is a by-product of this, as we no longer view the opposite sex as People, but objects on devices, and very impersonally. This is going to get worse as time goes by and normal courtship and social interaction is relegated to text instead of Body language, and intent of the words.

God Bless.