Coliseum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Once an old man came to me and told me that when I got older, the youth of that day would turn their heads away from me as I tried to share with them the long journey I travelled. Don't turn your head away when they give you insight into what is coming. They will tell you about what it took to be ready for death, the grave, and heaven---what it took to get through sin and sickness, and to have a hope they gained through their experience of living Christ. Don't turn away from them; they are the gateway for your preparation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

18 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

Don't turn away from them; they are the gateway for your preparation.

Thank you! 

1473078928_thumbsupsmiley.gif.28b8b941b06f8d44f1cf53ca21f88f1b.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

14 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

Don't turn your head away when they give you insight into what is coming. They will tell you about what it took to be ready for death, the grave, and heaven---what it took to get through sin and sickness, and to have a hope they gained through their experience of living Christ. Don't turn away from them; they are the gateway for your preparation.

This is so true, brother. There will always be young people who want nothing to do with knowledge & wisdom, but others want to hear. It is this latter group I seek to find.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,517
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Nice thread!

While I toiled at the school with some 300 plus students  K-12 I was often surprised to find I was being watched and noticed by so many of the children and younger near full adulthood individuals. I would get surprised when they would address me in the halls or on the grounds and ask questions or just say thanks to me for working there.  One year I was honored and very very surprised. Some of the teens were taking my picture as I worked, and more than a few  over a couple of months seemed to engaged me in conversational interviews about life in general.  Come yearbook time there to me great surprise and so humbling pleaure they had me as a page dedicated to the employee of the year. Kinda funny to me as I didn't have a picture of me in my own high school yearbook so long ago.  plus I didn't even  know of any employee of the year thing. They pay attention, they are interested, and perhaps scared  while seeking some direction  for escape from fears, perhaps on occasion  they are encouraged too.

As example, at Nassau when working as part of  a crew from the USA  on school classroom construction a young child really a young boy came up to me at Wednesday night church service. The mom said her son had a question, and he asked  me, how do I do jobs?  I was bewildered  and so his mom said, we cannot do multiple jobs, it i not allowed. One job is selected for each child, he does that one job  all his life for  a set payscale,  $40 apprentice, and $60 journeyman, and that is it. He saw you on roofs  as well as installing HVAC systems and putting down flooring. That has amazed him. And so, we talked and I learned some of the culture there as he also learned that  he is not limited, that there is hope that it has come from the USA  by God's love shared in the name of Jesus,  to him personally.

Locally I have had opportunity to twice be part of the turning about of young students seemingly destined to be failing in all they would be doing.  Don't know how really but I told them enough of the failing time quit buying into failure time to turn about, you can, and you even now start now at this task ( as I put them to work earning some money for themselves), They did learn to work and gained appreciation of  a need to be learning too. Both have become adults with good careers,  by their own efforts and by God using someone  at the time perfect  in His plan for their  own walk.

So if there is need to be aware, I share that it is also that  we are on trial, as we are  watched by the young. They do see, they do form judgements, and they can indeed be encouraged too, by God's will for them. They are not vacant in attentive bodies, not inside they are not, they are God's children and often in our care.

May we each have opportunity to be a little part of someone else's journey, may it be a goodly thing we present as part of those other's life journey. God please protect our young.

• Praise God! 1