• Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 hours ago, Jack Ruiz said:

Hey all.

Does anyone have experience being in a work environment where co-workers constantly take the Lord’s name in vain? This used to not bother me, but now with my work towards a relationship with God it makes me feel disheartened.

Is it possible to breach this topic and ask them to stop without bringing religion into the workplace? If not, does anyone have any meditations you would recommend to help me feel less bothered by this?

Thanks for any and all input — it is greatly appreciated.

Hi Jack, Here's a verse to take hold of and apply.

World English Bible
"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Through prayer and preparation you will find opportunities to share your faith in a friendly manner but wisdom is required. There is no point in getting into an argument, but you can become skilled at passing sincere little comments that glorify God without causing the whole pack of wolves to rip you to shreds. For every swear word and blasphemy, a quiet Praise the Lord, or Hallelujah from your lips will be very effective. God's got this!   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

I like what the The_Patriot2019 said. We are in this world but not of it. Remember, Jesus ate with sinners. To eat in those days was very intimate. He was around them but did not act like them. We are light in a dark world.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 hours ago, Jack Ruiz said:

Hey all.

Does anyone have experience being in a work environment where co-workers constantly take the Lord’s name in vain? This used to not bother me, but now with my work towards a relationship with God it makes me feel disheartened.

Is it possible to breach this topic and ask them to stop without bringing religion into the workplace? If not, does anyone have any meditations you would recommend to help me feel less bothered by this?

Hi Jack,

Such great advice. I think if you were speaking one on one to someone, say some one you had become `friends` with, you might say, (if they say "Jesus this and Jesus that) You could say, "Oh do you know Him?" Or "Why do you use that name and not Mohammed, or Trump, or who ever. Why the name of Jesus?" Might make that person think a bit as to why they say `Jesus.` Obviously it is an important name of an important person.

Wouldn`t do that in a group as they would probably turn on you thinking you had attacked them verbally.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, Jack Ruiz said:

f not, does anyone have any meditations you would recommend

Shalom Jack

I work in a similar environment, although mine is probably a lot worse...

It's a warfare against your heart and mind, as you cannot close your ears! 

When it comes too much, meditate upon Psalm 1. That helps me. Meditate line upon line, and visualise and dwell on each statement. 

When you don't have a particular Scripture, story or advice from the New Testament, dive into the Psalms as they are like a paradise for the soul. And Psalm 1 in particular will hopefully give you peace in this matter. 

Finally, if you are able to, pray for them. It may be that Yahweh has you in this position for the sake of these people. Even if you cannot talk to them, you can pray that He forgives their foolish words, spoken in ignorance, and that they might be awoken to the truth. 

Love & Shalom 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

19 hours ago, Jack Ruiz said:

Hey all.

If it were me, I’d probably just ignore them, best as I could. You could talk to them about it, and it might be helpful, but I am reminded of this: 

“Do not give dogs what is holy; and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under foot and turn to attack you.” Matt 7:6 RSV

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, I was  one who spoke profanely, out of ignorance. Excessive profanity is the mark of an ignorant individual.

So perhaps in part the question of how to better educate such a person is to be asked. There may not be an answer outside of prayer for that person to be called to their own repentance by the Holy Spirit.

God pulled me away from my work environment, turned me about to my own repentance and returned me five years later to that same work place. Some thought I had become a pastor, some just referenced me as Dudley Doright. But all knew there was a major change within me. So it is possible is my point for the most profane around you to be turned about. I suggest as others have here, please be in prayer for them. Don't put them down for their ignorance, but by example just refrain from participating when the gathering gets  profane. It is a test of you as well. They do watch when someone is different than themselves, you now have a higher responsibility in all that you do.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 10/19/2019 at 2:17 PM, Jack Ruiz said:

Hey all.

Isn't asking them to stop bringing religion to the workplace? And why can't you?

"Hi, that's my God, please stop."

• 8 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 10/19/2019 at 7:17 PM, Jack Ruiz said:

Hey all.

Here is a literal analogy for you. Remember that God deals with the presence of the devil all the time. He deals with the sinfulness of man all the time. Of course this will all end one day.