• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I think by listening to a lot of stories about people's personal experiences, many become angered when they pray for something and feel God does not grant their request. It needs to be understood, that we must come to the Lord on His terms, with the understanding that His plans may not go according to ours. We can't always get our way with everything in life. It's just that simple. But a lot of people are immature.  

It takes a lot of faith, trust and courage to say " Your will be done" and give God the drivers seat of our lives. 

1 minute ago, DustyRoad said:

Interestingly enough I experienced a different problem: I didn't know how to ask for a thing and I wasn't about to ask seeing as how the Lord provides everything I need. So what if I hurt? These bodies break down over time. I didn't think it was my place to ask the Lord to remove the consequences associated with the life I led nor spare me from other consequences mortal men must endure. My reason was simple enough: I never asked for the Lord to become my portion, friends. I never even asked for that!

I asked for nothing from God and so he gives me a safe place to rest under the stars. I didn't deserve to eat and so he provided me with enough food to find my way out of starvation and back into health; my sanctification occurs here while I learn how to love my unbelieving neighbor and be the friend they need. I think it's good for me to share this tonight since it serves as an example of praying according to the Spirit. 

There are times when God's Spirit calls me outdoors where I pray according to his will. This time I poured the desires of my heart upon the Lord's feet as an offering, chief among them the salvation of my terminally ill neighbor. I learned how to ask for something that day!

We pray to God and we tell Him how we are struggling. He already knows that. God has a plan for us. He will answer our prayers according to what His plan is He has for our lives. We may get what we have prayed for or we may not get what we have prayed for.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I think by listening to a lot of stories about people's personal experiences, many become angered when they pray for something and feel God does not grant their request. It needs to be understood, that we must come to the Lord on His terms, with the understanding that His plans may not go according to ours. We can't always get our way with everything in life. It's just that simple. But a lot of people are immature.  

Solid food  instead of milk?.Then a person will be able to understand Let Your Will be done no matter what one’s flesh thinks so or wants so or desires so or covets so 

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

13 hours ago, missmuffet said:

There are two ways to view God. One view teaches us that God can do whatever He wants in our lives. He is in control. The other view teaches us that we can do whatever we want in our lives. When we pray we "rub the lamp" so the genie will come out and give us whatever we want. Some people get disillusioned and angry if our request is not answered. 

The first view holds God in esteem. The second view treats God as though He is there to wait on you. 

sometimes when i think about things i want they sometimes happen.  i have all i need and want and that is a gift from God but more then anything in this life that i know he will grant is eternal life with him.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

19 hours ago, missmuffet said:

There are two ways to view God. One view teaches us that God can do whatever He wants in our lives. He is in control. The other view teaches us that we can do whatever we want in our lives. When we pray we "rub the lamp" so the genie will come out and give us whatever we want. Some people get disillusioned and angry if our request is not answered. 

The first view holds God in esteem. The second view treats God as though He is there to wait on you. 

God, too, has to live by the law of love, so I'm not sure he can do anything he wants, and he does want us to be happy, which suggests to me that he wants us to have some control over our lives. Still, he knows what is best for us, and ultimately, he IS in control, thankfully.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

I think "the church" needs to get back to seeking His face and not just seeking His hand. Most come to God with a list of requests and if He doesn't answer accordingly to their desires they leave disheartened - He never said He would give us what we wanted, He said He would supply our NEEDS. Huge difference. We have to remember that our view is the here and now, He has the whole picture in mind when He's answering and I've learned to be thankful for all the "No's", I may not understand them, but I'm convinced He knows what is best for me. 

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33

• This is Worthy 1

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

God, too, has to live by the law of love, so I'm not sure he can do anything he wants, and he does want us to be happy, which suggests to me that he wants us to have some control over our lives. Still, he knows what is best for us, and ultimately, he IS in control, thankfully.

God can do anything He wants to do. He is perfect. He is in control. He does give us free will. We are not puppets. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

God can do anything He wants to do. He is perfect. He is in control. He does give us free will. We are not puppets. 

There are times in the Bible he chose to curb his anger.