People “scared away” from religion

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys. I have a very serious question. For some context, I believe in an age of accountability. I think it varies from person to person, since people likely develop a full understanding of God in different times of their lives. But, my uncle was a man who was murdered at age 19. He grew up in a home with a Christian mom and dad, but I don’t know if he truly accepted Christ because his mom used to say things that would make most people scared of Christianity. For instance, she would say “the hounds of heaven are coming after you.” For people like this, are they thought of as not truly understanding the religion as it is, therefore undergoing the age of accountability, or is he likely in hell? Thanks

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Well, we can only hope and pray that somewhere, somehow your uncle heard the message of salvation through Christ.   We never know what work God is doing in someone's heart, to draw them to Himself.   People can even be saved in their final minute of life.   People can also be saved in miraculous ways with only hearing just brief things.   I heard Spurgeon, the famous preacher, was saved by hearing just a substitute layman say over and over "look to Jesus and be saved."

Jesus_the_Shepherd006.jpg.5419cd1e63d4d2790784570af0e3ec9e.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

The honest answer is, we do not know.

We have to trust that the God of Justice, Mercy and Grace will act justly.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,059
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The age of accountability is when a person whatever the young age realizes it is wrong to do something and they choose to do it anyway... they have accepted wrong over the right.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The age of accountability is when a young adult can decide to give their life to God and become a Christian. Some times we have a pretty good idea if someone went to heaven but that person is in God's hands. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Not that I agree , But J. Vernon McGee once said that the age of  accountability could be as high as 30 years of age. I just thought I would throw that out there.....

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 10/20/2019 at 9:31 PM, Jeffreybh said:

Hey guys. I have a very serious question. For some context, I believe in an age of accountability. I think it varies from person to person, since people likely develop a full understanding of God in different times of their lives. But, my uncle was a man who was murdered at age 19. He grew up in a home with a Christian mom and dad, but I don’t know if he truly accepted Christ because his mom used to say things that would make most people scared of Christianity. For instance, she would say “the hounds of heaven are coming after you.” For people like this, are they thought of as not truly understanding the religion as it is, therefore undergoing the age of accountability, or is he likely in hell? Thanks

Nobody in all of my generations I am aware of knew Jesus, nor followed any religion, except my father perhaps, on his deathbed. I decided at 18 that Atheism---a belief that even a concept of a god could not exist---was my choice of religion. I had no Jesus, no knowledge of him. On the edge of suicide, a last minute thought was to ask: "If there really is a god, you must save me in the next second, because in the one after, I will not be here." Even before those words finished coming out of my mouth, someone passed by, saw my condition, and prevented what I intended to do. I did not learn that God would honor such a mustard seed of faith until after I started being discipled. Too, there was already a Cloud of Witnesses saved before Jesus physically was born on earth. Those men and women and children were born and lived and saved without knowing the ministry of Christ. How gracious a God we serve.

• Thumbs Up 1