• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 10/21/2019 at 3:27 PM, Ashlee said:

Hi, my name is Ashlee, I'm doing research on how Christian beliefs on the second coming differ.  I have 3 sets of questions that shouldn't take long to answer, I would love anyone to participate.  I will be recording these answers (all anonymously of course :) ), but if you wouldn't mind sharing your denomination with your answers to the questions that would be Amazing, (if you don't want to share your denomination you could just say christian or other if you still want to participate), Thanks!

1. What are your beliefs around the second coming? Do you believe in a paradise after Christ comes?

2. What is the first sign of Jesus's coming that comes to your mind?  Do you think how the climate is changing is a sign that Jesus is coming?

3. What, in your mind, is more emphasized about the second coming, paradise or judgement?

Your answers can be as long or short as you like :) Have a great day!

I would classify myself as Christian. I am actually a United Methodist, but there is a war going on in the United Methodist Church, and I don't want to be identified as one of those supporting homosexuality.

1. I think Jesus is already here, inside each of us. Paradise, I believe, is the peace that descends on us when we repent of our sin (Matt 4:17).

2. The Lord, I believe, works inside of us. Climate change would have nothing to do with it.

3. We can't have paradise without repentance. If we are willing to repent, his coming is paradise. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/21/2019 at 5:27 PM, Ashlee said:

1. What are your beliefs around the second coming? Do you believe in a paradise after Christ comes?

2. What is the first sign of Jesus's coming that comes to your mind?  Do you think how the climate is changing is a sign that Jesus is coming?

3. What, in your mind, is more emphasized about the second coming, paradise or judgement?

1. The New Heaven-Earth (Isaiah 65:17, Isaiah 66:22, 2 Peter 3:13) will replace the current Heaven and Earth which are now separate.

1 Thessalonians 4:17–18 (AV)
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

2. Climate change? No. The first sign will be the rebuilt Jewish Temple on Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Daniel 12:11 says there will be sacrifices up until 1290 days before the end of time. So a rebuilt Jewish Temple would be the biggest sign if not the first.

3. The two 3.5 year tribulations of the 70th Week of Daniel (seven years) are as follows: the first half, time of the patience of the saints (Revelation 3:10 / Revelation 12:17 - Revelation 13:18) when Satan goes to war against God. The second half, the Great Tribulation (Matthew 24:21-22, Revelation chapter 4 - 12) God's judgement on the devil ending with Revelation 20:10. The believers in Christ will be taken away (2 Thessalonians 2:1-11) before the second half by martyrdom or rapture since God's judgment against us was on the cross.

The purpose for the Great Tribulation is the ultimate predicament of the Jews (who embraced the beast as the true messiah in the first half, but found out they were duped by him in the second half) so they become the second half the loathed people that the Christians were in the first half.  As the last of the last surviving Jews face the 200 Million man army bearing down on them they cry out to Jesus in desperation. Nothing else has worked.

This precipitates the initial conditions of Jesus' second coming defending the Jews (Matthew 24:27, Zechariah 14:4, Revelation 14:20).

Then the Jews will recognize their True Messiah Jesus and...

Zechariah 12:10 (AV)
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Then shall we be with the Lord forever.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,085
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Hi Ashlee, climate change has nothing to do with the Second Coming.   The Judgement is the first main emphasize. 

I think we will all live on the new earth with Jesus. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/22/2019 at 2:40 AM, missmuffet said:

I believe that first Jesus will take the Church to heaven to be with Him before the wrath and judgment comes upon this earth . Then there will be the 7 year tribulation. Then Jesus will appear on this earth and will separate the sheep from the goats. The sheep are the believers and will go into the 1000 year millennium and the goats are the unbelievers and will be sent to Hades to be judged at the last of the 1000 year millennium at the Great White throne judgment. 

There is no sign of the rapture of the Church. It is a silent event that only the born again Christians will experience. Read the book of Revelation and it will tell you the events that will happen in the seven year tribulation. I won't be there but I will be coming with Jesus at the end on a white horse. 

Both are emphasized.

I believe that first Jesus will take the Church to heaven to be with Him before the wrath and judgment comes upon this earth . Then there will be the 7 year tribulation. 

There is no sign of the rapture of the Church. It is a silent event that only the born again Christians will experience.

I agree 100% with this..God bless

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 10/21/2019 at 11:27 PM, Ashlee said:

1. Paradise is a apart of the place of the dead in its own compartment, where there is a gap between the righteous and sinners, now we go straight to heaven, and then to the new earth after everything ends.

2.I think it is the most important thing to note, and that is the gospel has to be preached throughout the entire world. I would say we are not there yet, but we are very close.

3. The second coming is talked about the most, because judgement is referred to, but there isnt so much about it in great detail and paradise only has a handful of references.