• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Alex,

Hopefully I'm not too late to get on the bandwagon of opinion.  My view is that money, in and of itself, it neither good nor evil.  It is a tool which may be utilized for either end.  Using it to increase your love of the bible would seem to lead to a positive end spiritually.  The two most elementary commandments we are given are to love God completely and to treat our neighbor as we would have him treat us.  If we can use money to increase our love of the bible, I would assume that the increased love would lead to increased knowledge of how to live a life intended for us by God.  That would encompass placing the welfare of others ahead of our own self centered needs.  In this case money would have been used to a positive spiritual end.  So, be generous with what money you have, always considering the needs of others, especially those lacking in the basics of life.  Be a good steward of your wealth and you'll never have to worry.  Our material possessions and our money, although not sinful in themselves, are only on loan.  They are not our permanent property.  Build up your treasure in heaven.  I believe that living in this way will cause Christ to smile upon us as His precious children whom He will never forsake.

• 8 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 10/22/2019 at 11:46 AM, Alex44 said:

Can I love money if I’m using it to increase my love for the Bible, and still be saved?

The love of money is the root of all evil, That is basically saying that gaining money for worldly pleasures and completely forgetting about God and his needs is a problem, not having money itself. It not saying you cannot enjoy yourself, another verse says a person cannot love God and money at the same time.