WordSword

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

"What is lacking in the newly-reborn in Christ?

but during this babe-in-Christ stage (which all progress from)"

"for no new-born saint is readily matured with the ability to “walk, even as He walked” (1Jo 2:6)."

There are no new born babes, the word reveals AS new born babes, and that babes in Christ are really CARNAL, IN MALICE GUILE AND HYPOCRISIES, as the true ones in Christ have their senses exercised to discern between good and evil..

1 Peter 2:1 Wherefore laying aside all MALICE, and all GUILE, and HYPOCRISIES, and ENVIES, and all EVIL speakings,
2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

( there are no babes in Christ, the word says AS newborn babes to desire the word to grow, and they require laying aside malice and guile and hypocrisies, THEY ARE TESTIFIED AS BEING CARNAL AND UNABLE TO RECEIVE THE WORD THEREFORE)

1 Corinthians 3:And I, brethren, could NOT SPEAK UNTO YOU AS SPIRITUAL, BUT AS UNTO CARNAL, even AS unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto YE WERE NOT ABLE TO BEAR IT, neither yet now are ye able.
3 FOR YE ARE YET CARNAL: for whereas there is among you ENVYING, AND STRIFE, and divisions, ARE YE NOT CARNAL, AND WALK AS MEN?

( we need to be fed with meat or we can hear nothing as men and carnal which is enmity against God and is death to be carnally minded and not Spiritual unable to bear the word of meat)

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Matthew 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and THEIR EARS ARE DULL OF HEARING, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Acts 28:27 For the HEART OF THIS PEOPLE IS WAXED GROSS, and THEIR EARS ARE DULL OF HEARING, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and SHOULD BE CONVERTED, AND I SHOULD HEAL THEM.

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing YE ARE DULL OF HEARING.

Hebrews 5:13 For every one that useth milk is UNSKILLFUL IN THE WORD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have THEIR SENSES EXERCISED TO DISCERN BOTH GOOD AND EVIL.

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is PERFECT IS COME, then that which is IN PART SHALL BE DONE AWAY.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I UNDERSTOOD AS A CHILD, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I PUT AWAY CHILDISH THINGS.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Meat belongs to those who have any senses, and those requiring milk have no senses, are not in Christ and are dull of hearing, they do not have ears to hear with and have not known the Lord is testified..

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Jeremiah 4:22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

Amos 5:14 Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the Lord, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.

Amos 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the Lord God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Micah 3:2 Who hate the good, and love the evil; who pluck off their skin from off them, and their flesh from off their bones;

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Isaiah 7:15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

Romans 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

Romans 16:19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

1 Peter 3:11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

3 John 1:11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Edited by Adam777

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Amen

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  163
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,152
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

51 minutes ago, Adam777 said:

"What is lacking in the newly-reborn in Christ?

but during this babe-in-Christ stage (which all progress from)"

"for no new-born saint is readily matured with the ability to “walk, even as He walked” (1Jo 2:6)."

There are no new born babes, the word reveals AS new born babes, and that babes in Christ are really CARNAL, IN MALICE GUILE AND HYPOCRISIES, as the true ones in Christ have their senses exercised to discern between good and evil..

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

1Co 3:1 :And I, brethren, could NOT SPEAK UNTO YOU AS SPIRITUAL, BUT AS UNTO CARNAL, even AS unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto YE WERE NOT ABLE TO BEAR IT, neither yet now are ye able.
3 FOR YE ARE YET CARNAL: for whereas there is among you ENVYING, AND STRIFE, and divisions, ARE YE NOT CARNAL, AND WALK AS MEN?

Hi, and always appreciate your replies and comments! Wanted to point out that we are discussing separate issues concerning "babes in Christ." The Peter Epistle is in the sense of desiring, and the Corinthian Epistle is in the sense of immaturity, e.g. ignorance of the Word.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

10 hours ago, WordSword said:

Hi, and always appreciate your replies and comments! Wanted to point out that we are discussing separate issues concerning "babes in Christ." The Peter Epistle is in the sense of desiring, and the Corinthian Epistle is in the sense of immaturity, e.g. ignorance of the Word.

If we are a child, we cannot know the Lord, as we need to put away childish things, otherwise we walk as men and are carnal

Children cannot bear the meat that we need as men of God, and every scripture that Christ calls us into Him, is as men of God.

There is no immaturity, there is the real example of the Holy Apostles and all believers, who had all common..

Acts 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Philippians 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

1 Peter 3:8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion oneof another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

• Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

2 hours ago, Adam777 said:

If we are a child, we cannot know the Lord, as we need to put away childish things, otherwise we walk as men and are carnal

Children cannot bear the meat that we need as men of God, and every scripture that Christ calls us into Him, is as men of God.

There is no immaturity, there is the real example of the Holy Apostles and all believers, who had all common..

I'm starting to think we're not understanding one another, and is why I thought we're discussing different issues. I'll just give this example:

Heb 5:12-14

God bless, and I appreciate your comments!

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 minutes ago, WordSword said:

I'm starting to think we're not understanding one another, and is why I thought we're discussing different issues. I'll just give this example:

Heb 5:12-14

God bless, and I appreciate your comments!

Everyone can notice, Hebrews is to the Hebrews, and Acts 28 is that same message to the ones of Israel, who do not hear, cannot hear, and have those same ears dull, showing they will never hear, so they left them, and went to who is allowed by the Lord to hear,

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing YE ARE DULL OF HEARING.12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Acts 28:26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and THEIR EARS ARE DULL OF HEARING, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

• Oy Vey! 3

On 10/23/2019 at 7:57 AM, Adam777 said:

Everyone can notice, Hebrews is to the Hebrews, and Acts 28 is that same message to the ones of Israel, who do not hear, cannot hear, and have those same ears dull, showing they will never hear, so they left them, and went to who is allowed by the Lord to hear,

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing YE ARE DULL OF HEARING.12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Acts 28:26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and THEIR EARS ARE DULL OF HEARING, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

I see Hebrews 5:11-14 an admonition to certain Hebrew believers to be aware of their immaturity, which admonition will eventually lead them to maturity, as others are.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

14 hours ago, WordSword said:

I see Hebrews 5:11-14 an admonition to certain Hebrew believers to be aware of their immaturity, which admonition will eventually lead them to maturity, as others are.

You say you see, and the Hebrews thought they see too.

Hebrews is to the Hebrews, and they had blindness on them, so nobody could see, and as told they went to the Gentiles.

Nothing leads to maturity in the Lord, when anyone is out of the Lord.

John 12:37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

• Oy Vey! 2

3 hours ago, Adam777 said:

they had blindness on them, so nobody could see, and as told they went to the Gentiles.

Not to dispute your comment, but just wanted to add that though most of the Hebrews in the past did not believe in God, there were always many who did. Same for the Jews since then, most have yet to believe in the Lord Jesus, but many have. The phrase "those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil" is to the Messianic Jews.

3 hours ago, Adam777 said:

Nothing leads to maturity in the Lord, when anyone is out of the Lord.

I agree here if you mean not saved (out of the Lord), but it's my understanding that believers who are "yet carnal" (1Co 3:3) are still "in Christ" and are His (1Co 3:1,23). I believe all who have been reborn in Christ will continue to "grow up into Him in all things" (Eph 4:15), because "it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure” (Phl 2:13).

Blessings!

• Thumbs Up 1