Dennis1209

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Yes.Thank you moderators for all the work you put in! Worthy is an important work of the Lord Almighty Jesus, dear planet.:)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

You know, I didn't think of that. It is a very well run forum. God bless the mods and the founder George! :thumbs_up:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Just like our police departments whom stand between us and harm, both seldom get the respect and "thank you's" they richly deserve

I don’t mean to pick apart your post but I have to disagree with just a couple of points you made.

First, I would in no way compare online moderators to the police. There is zero comparison.

Second, not only was my Grandpa a Chicago cop, my husband comes from a family of cops and firefighters and they would disagree that they don’t get respect and thank you’s. If you read books written by cops, you’d be surprised at how many free meals and gifts they have to turn down because it’s against policy to accept it. People love cops and firefighters.

The press has tried to pit certain groups of people and communities against the police to sell stories, but I don’t believe that represents how our country as a whole feels about the majority of cops. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Steve, Wingnut and Omega are the workhorses here.  They are the authorities directly under George and above the rest of us.  Many like Jade, Angels and others put in many hours here.  Some of us are hit and miss due to our appointments and schedules.  Do pray for Omega whose health had not been as good due to heart and breathing problems, and for continued healing for Jade.  Also pray for George and his family who are in the "line of fire" near the Dead Sea in Israel.  Thank you all.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praying! 5

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

13 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

I don’t mean to pick apart your post but I have to disagree with just a couple of points you made.

First, I would in no way compare online moderators to the police. There is zero comparison.

Second, not only was my Grandpa a Chicago cop, my husband comes from a family of cops and firefighters and they would disagree that they don’t get respect and thank you’s. If you read books written by cops, you’d be surprised at how many free meals and gifts they have to turn down because it’s against policy to accept it. People love cops and firefighters.

The press has tried to pit certain groups of people and communities against the police to sell stories, but I don’t believe that represents how our country as a whole feels about the majority of cops. 

I believe in my post I openly admitted that might be a poor comparison, but one that came to mind [rules and enforcement]. Certainly some police departments get respect and thank you's some of the time from some segments of our society. The tide has and is changing from gratitude and respect for law enforcement; to disdain and disrespect; and getting much worse; where have you been?

Border patrol agents getting called baby killers and running concentration camps. The news is overflowing with many examples of public intolerance and disrespect for law enforcement. There's an unedited [exception: gore and death] police program call "PD Live" on the A&E channel for three hours on both Friday's and Saturdays. They cover normally eight police departments around the country and switch locations now and then. To me this would be a good sample representative of the nations attitude and appreciation of our men in blue [old terminology]. 

Don't guess you've heard about all the liberal cities trying to kick out "ICE" and other law enforcement agencies, creating sanctuary cities, etc. A good portion of the population are spiting in the face of the rule of law, and those that are sworn to enforce it.

You mention Chicago; I could have a field day with that city and why it's one of, if not the leading murder capitol of the USA. In short, it boils down to police support for the boots on the ground, they get from liberal democratic government, of which the people elected. It's become so bad, last I heard, they can not find candidates to fill vacant positions and use overtime. 

A jail or prison corrections officer is a "cop". Are you aware of the respect and appreciation they receive on the job externally?

Another example of different world views and we'll politely agree to disagree.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

33 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

xternally?

Another example of different world views and we'll politely agree to disagre

Your worldview is based on the press not facts. 

You mention Chicago; I could have a field day with that city and why it's one of, if not the leading murder capitol of the USA.

Chicago is number 25. Check FBI statistics. The south is the most dangerous region of the country. I’m guessing you believed it was Chicago based on the news?

I believe in my post I openly admitted that might be a poor comparison

And I agreed with you. Maybe an elder in a church would be a better comparison or not compare them to anyone at all.

The news is overflowing with many examples of public intolerance and disrespect for law enforcement

One of the first papers I wrote in college was about sensationalism in the press. I remember being a Computer  Science Major in college and being called crazy when I told people that Y2K was an invention of the press. 

I remember my college professor talking about how one year was a slow news year, so the media focused on child kidnappings for ratings and scared the heck out of parents who panicked  believing there  was a crime wave of kidnappings even though rates had not changed for decades.

A jail or prison corrections officer is a "cop". Are you aware of the respect and appreciation they receive on the job externally?

Are you aware of how they treat prisoners and how many of them have been convicted for federal crimes for their abuse of inmates? 

Prison culture hardens everyone in that environment, especially the overworked staff, and in turn they abuse the prisoners.I recently read “Doing Justice” which had a few passages about abuse by corrections officers in Rikers   Island. They were able to make reforms by starting a program where they brought in dogs for the prisoners and officers to train for future owners and it began changing the culture in that prison.  

34 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

where have you been?

Out in the real world instead of watching  the news.

The press is evil. If you read mafia books, even they hated the press because the press glamorized mob life when in reality mobsters were living in fear everyday.

Most people see cops as heroes and they are the first people we ALL call when we get in trouble. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Worthy is a nice place for Christians to come and fellowship. Most Christian message boards are not managed well. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 10/23/2019 at 11:02 AM, ReneeIW said:

Your worldview is based on the press not facts. 

Chicago is number 25. Check FBI statistics. The south is the most dangerous region of the country. I’m guessing you believed it was Chicago based on the news?

And I agreed with you. Maybe an elder in a church would be a better comparison or not compare them to anyone at all.

One of the first papers I wrote in college was about sensationalism in the press. I remember being a Computer  Science Major in college and being called crazy when I told people that Y2K was an invention of the press. 

I remember my college professor talking about how one year was a slow news year, so the media focused on child kidnappings for ratings and scared the heck out of parents who panicked  believing there  was a crime wave of kidnappings even though rates had not changed for decades.

Are you aware of how they treat prisoners and how many of them have been convicted for federal crimes for their abuse of inmates? 

Prison culture hardens everyone in that environment, especially the overworked staff, and in turn they abuse the prisoners.I recently read “Doing Justice” which had a few passages about abuse by corrections officers in Rikers   Island. They were able to make reforms by starting a program where they brought in dogs for the prisoners and officers to train for future owners and it began changing the culture in that prison.  

Out in the real world instead of watching  the news.

The press is evil. If you read mafia books, even they hated the press because the press glamorized mob life when in reality mobsters were living in fear everyday.

Most people see cops as heroes and they are the first people we ALL call when we get in trouble. 

Thanks for all the insight and words of wisdom.

• Thumbs Up 1