• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

20 hours ago, jeffnevins said:

Just read up on it since my CA ID card expired on my birthday yesterday.

In a year you can't go in federal buildings of take certain flights w/o it.

Guess it's a hassle to go for a regular ID, then go back to the DMV if the need arises.

Been ages since visiting & posting. Good to be back. Apologies if the topic's around already.

I got my Real ID quite some time ago, when is was time to renew my driver license.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

14 hours ago, jeffnevins said:

Ok, thanks for the replies! Seems best to go for it.

Hi, Seems to be a California issue, other States have been Real ID compliant for up to ten years now. Florida does not issue anything but Real ID compliant cards or licenses. The federal ACT took effect in 2008 with a final compliance date of Oct 1 2020.

California with it's political desire to be a sanctuary State for illegal  residents evidently still wants to still be able to issue noncompliant cards as well as compliant ones.  Took me about seven minutes to get my Real ID compliant Drivers License from one of the real States of the United States of America. 

All one needs is any of the following in order to get a compliant card, even in California.

Proof of Identity * Required

To apply for a REAL ID card, you must present ONE identity document that includes your date of birth and your true full name (first, middle, and last). Which document below will you use as your proof of identity?

Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card

Original or Certified copy of U.S birth certificate (issued by a city, county, or state vital statistics office). “Abbreviated” or “Abstract” certificates are NOT accepted

U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad or Consular Report of Birth Abroad of U.S. Citizen

Unexpired foreign passport with valid U.S. Visa and approved I-94 form

Certified copy of birth certificate from a U.S. Territory

Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of U.S. Citizenship

Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card

Valid, unexpired Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Card (I-766) or valid/expired EAD Card with Notice of Action (I-797 C)

Valid/expired Permanent Resident Card with Notice of Action (I-797 C) or Approval Notice (I-797)

Unexpired foreign passport stamped “Processed for I-551”

Documents reflecting TPS benefit eligibility

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Seems to be a California issue, other States have been Real ID compliant for up to ten years now. Florida does not issue anything but Real ID compliant cards or licenses. The federal ACT took effect in 2008 with a final compliance date of Oct 1 2020.

California with it's political desire to be a sanctuary State for illegal  residents evidently still wants to still be able to issue noncompliant cards as well as compliant ones.  Took me about seven minutes to get my Real ID compliant Drivers License from one of the real States of the United States of America. 

All one needs is any of the following in order to get a compliant card, even in California.

Proof of Identity * Required

To apply for a REAL ID card, you must present ONE identity document that includes your date of birth and your true full name (first, middle, and last). Which document below will you use as your proof of identity?

Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card

Original or Certified copy of U.S birth certificate (issued by a city, county, or state vital statistics office). “Abbreviated” or “Abstract” certificates are NOT accepted

U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad or Consular Report of Birth Abroad of U.S. Citizen

Unexpired foreign passport with valid U.S. Visa and approved I-94 form

Certified copy of birth certificate from a U.S. Territory

Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of U.S. Citizenship

Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card

Valid, unexpired Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Card (I-766) or valid/expired EAD Card with Notice of Action (I-797 C)

Valid/expired Permanent Resident Card with Notice of Action (I-797 C) or Approval Notice (I-797)

Unexpired foreign passport stamped “Processed for I-551”

Documents reflecting TPS benefit eligibility

Wow, great info. Yes, funny how states vary. I've got my expired card & expired passport, ha. Time to renew that ID.

• Thumbs Up 1