• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Really  for me there is nothing quite like being corrected of my own  misunderstandings,  errors, or an outright sin, as in seeing scripture posted before my eye plain and simple.  It is easy to mis a personal opinion, but very hard to dance around a well placed passage inspired  of God and shared by one that has better  knowledge than I do. I love it, for I do not like to continue in my errors, I'dmuch rather get ot rethink my own conclusionin the face of a counter revealing scripture. 

I don't understand the last part of your last question, but I fully agree with the rest.  When God moves someone to share scripture for correction, it is a blessing.  Still again, that is not what scripture bombing is, and since that is the focus of this thread, it's important to the topic that this be understood.  Do you see the difference between what you seek and someone just throwing scripture out there as a means to one up you or demean your belief?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Willa said:

I don't know how long a scripture bomb is.  Personally, I find that a point that is not supported by the word is useless.  My opinion is ridiculous if it is not in God's word.  You have been here a long time.  The posts that I have valued the most have been Fresno Joe's.  God's word enlightens and teaches; it gives wisdom. 

What One Light is talking about is that some people only post scripture without explaining what they're trying to say,it sometimes makes no sense to see all the verses being posted without really knowing what they're talking about! I do agree with One Light,he's only trying to help people to grow in their walk with the Lord,Jesus talked to people while He was on earth ,He didn't only quote scripture .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes quoting scripture is the only way to prove the point and avoid endless arguments.

In the General discussion on the topic of forgiveness after reading 9 page debating and arguing weather we should forgive unconditionally or conditionally, the through of a particular scripture came to me and so I decided to pointing directly to scripture as a way to break the arguments that go against scripture.  Plain and simple, pointing to scripture is a valuable  part in sharing our Christian faith
and if anyone has a problem with accepting Holy Scripture than they can take their argument up with God.

Also some may be more expressive and talkative and able to share endlessly their views while others may have difficulties expressing themselves, or feel drained by endless debate yet wish to contribute what they believe by simply posting what they also believe through posting scripture.

I always try to post scripture with what I say, and the times I haven't, I have been accused of sharing my own thoughts instead of scripture. so sometimes is a no win situation, you are judged harshly one way or another.

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

One Light point is valid in the sense that if a dialogue is in progress and someone replies with a page or two with scripture that references the main word in the topic, then it is not a dialogue anymore.  Suppose you reply to the reader and encourage him to write what is in his thoughts about the topic and he continues with scripture verses, then it all becomes rhetorical and interest is lost in the thread or with that particular person and it also flags that person to be unread by me at least as his method in conveying his message becomes boring.    Not to say that scripture is not to be posted to substantiate a reply, but only scripture without some human soul searching is kinda telling me something else.

We all are spiritual beings and we can reflect that by sharing our thoughts too, not just only quoting scripture endlessly.

Psalm 119 King James Version (KJV)

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

edit ... want to see an example of scripture bombing.  Go to the current thread titled " Why do Christians continue to sin, are they unconverted ".  

Here I tried to dialogue with a fellow and the response was just quoting scripture.

Edited by warrior12
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

What will be the PENALTY for scripture bombing?

• Haha 1

Yea, verily, and whosoever scripture-bombs, May a shaft as thick as a weaver's beam be driven through their entrails, and their house become an Dunghill and a habitation of dragons!

• Haha 4

One guy in Oregon scripture-bombed on another board, and was immediately turned into a pillar of salt!

• Haha 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

35 minutes ago, Episcopius said:

What will be the PENALTY for scripture bombing?

Possible self-implosion = :blow-up:

• Haha 1

And I beheld until the scripture-bombing post waxed exceeding great, and smote with choler all the posts around it, and I wist not what it was really about...

• Haha 2

Another thing that can sometimes be aggravating, especially when combined with scripture-bombing, to me, is extensive QUOTING.

So someone posts a mile-long scripture Hiroshima, someone follows it who might want to comment on a small part of it, yet they use the QUOTE FEATURE to repeat the entire bomb, another commenter does the same, and I am just scrolling and scrolling down through the same list of scripture verses.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1