douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul persecuted the church of God, but Paul obtained mercy and became a pattern of our salvation.

Our pattern, our example of believing faith is to be found only in Paul's epistles.

We do not pattern how to be saved unto eternal life in this dispensation of grace from any other dispensation, or from any other books in the Bible other than the epistles of Paul.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

While Paul is credited to write 13 books of the 27 books found in the NT, be careful not to worship Paul.  Paul is one example, but so are others who all point to Christ Jesus.  In fact, Paul spoke out against sectarianism in 1 Corinthians 1:10-13.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, douge said:

Our pattern, our example of believing faith is to be found only in Paul's epistles.

Our Pattern is Yeshua.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:37 PM, Justin Adams said:

Our Pattern is Yeshua.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

3 minutes ago, douge said:

There were many examples of Christ found in others as well.  When you post in such a way it seems to me like you are dismissing what Jesus did in the lives of others who are an example as well.  Do you read only the books Paul wrote and ignore the rest?  If not, then you must realize their importance as well.  Paul was one of many who have become and example of Jesus, though he was sent to the Gentiles.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:30 PM, OneLight said:

While Paul is credited to write 13 books of the 27 books found in the NT, be careful not to worship Paul.  Paul is one example, but so are others who all point to Christ Jesus.  In fact, Paul spoke out against sectarianism in 1 Corinthians 1:10-13.

Paul told us to follow him

Just to clarify that following Paul does not mean worshiping him. I know you were not saying I was, just clarifying.

1 Corinthians 1:10-17 was divisions over baptisms and who baptized them being who they followed.

Just now, douge said:

Paul told us to follow him

Just to clarify that following Paul does not mean worshiping him. I know you were not saying I was, just clarifying.

1 Corinthians 1:10-17 was divisions over baptisms and who baptized them being who they followed.

He is one example, yes.  At the times of his writings, Paul was the best example to the churches he was writing to, yet he even said he was a worker just like you and I.  Though I do not discard Paul, I neither discard the others who are an example of Jesus.  I have learned a lot from every book in the bible, not just from the epistles Paul wrote.  James, for example, without any doubt, shows how faith without doing His work is dead faith.  John gave us the only book of the bible that guarantees us a special blessing. 

It's good to follow the example of Paul, but it is not good to do so while ignoring everyone else.  This is what I am trying to say in a nutshell.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

21 minutes ago, douge said:

Yes but the OP title does not say that... words have meanings and consequences.

2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

He is one example, yes.  At the times of his writings, Paul was the best example to the churches he was writing to, yet he even said he was a worker just like you and I.  Though I do not discard Paul, I neither discard the others who are an example of Jesus.  I have learned a lot from every book in the bible, not just from the epistles Paul wrote.  James, for example, without any doubt, shows how faith without doing His work is dead faith.  John gave us the only book of the bible that guarantees us a special blessing. 

It's good to follow the example of Paul, but it is not good to do so while ignoring everyone else.  This is what I am trying to say in a nutshell.

I know what you are saying but I was conveying that Paul is our pattern for believing faith and the gospel of our salvation in this dispensation is found as revealed to him by Christ and conveyed in his epistles alone.

2 minutes ago, douge said:

I know what you are saying but I was conveying that Paul is our pattern for believing faith and the gospel of our salvation in this dispensation is found as revealed to him by Christ and conveyed in his epistles alone.

What Jesus did for Paul, He also did for others as well.  Just as you and I are in Him, He has worked in you according to where you were and where He wants you to go, which is different for me as we are not the same.  You cannot write for me and neither can I write for you.  Did you expect to find Paul's life in other epistles?  Peter wrote of what he was shown, as did James.  Each have their message we need to adhere to.