• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/24/2019 at 9:34 AM, douge said:

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul persecuted the church of God, but Paul obtained mercy and became a pattern of our salvation.

Our pattern, our example of believing faith is to be found only in Paul's epistles.

We do not pattern how to be saved unto eternal life in this dispensation of grace from any other dispensation, or from any other books in the Bible other than the epistles of Paul.

Sorry to disagree with you, but there is no such thing as a dispensation of grace. We now live in the new covenant that will never end. Dispensationalism is an unblibical doctrine that is not taught in the scriptures. 

Matthew 26:27–28 (NASB95)

"And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you;

28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins."

Luke 22:20 (NIV)
20 "In the same way, after the supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is poured out for you."

1 Corinthians 11:25 (NIV)
 25 "In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” 

JESUS PLUS NOTHING EQUALS EVERYTHING.jpg

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

2 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

Sorry to disagree with you, but there is no such thing as a dispensation of grace. We now live in the new covenant that will never end. Dispensationalism is an unblibical doctrine that is not taught in the scriptures. 

Matthew 26:27–28 (NASB95)

"And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you;

28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins."

Luke 22:20 (NIV)
20 "In the same way, after the supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is poured out for you."

1 Corinthians 11:25 (NIV)
 25 "In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” 

The following verses speak to dispensations:

1 Corinthians 9:17 Ephesians 1:10 Ephesians 3:2 Colossians 1:25 in the KJV

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:58 PM, OneLight said:

I guess you had not yet read my reply in your other thread, so I'll paste the scripture here.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 

Notice Paul was telling Timothy that all scripture, not just what he said, but all scripture.  The argument that the NT was not yet written is moot as God knew what would be included as scripture.

Yes I agree but that does mean we are to apply or obey all scripture to the body of Christ

Edited by douge

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

28 minutes ago, douge said:

Yes I agree but that does mean we are to apply or obey all scripture to the body of Christ

Application of scripture has many different avenues in which it travels.  Which scripture would you not apply to the body of Christ and by what avenue do you disapprove of?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

39 minutes ago, douge said:

The following verses speak to dispensations:

1 Corinthians 9:17 Ephesians 1:10 Ephesians 3:2 Colossians 1:25 in the KJV

The KJV is only an English translation. If you'd look it up in the Greek, the noun means stewardship or administration. Besides that "dispensations" are nothing but nouns and nouns do not dictate doctrines. 

3622. οἰκονομία oikonomía; gen. oikonomías, fem. noun from oikonoméō (3621), to be a manager of a household. The position, work, responsibility or arrangement of an administration, as of a house or of property, either one’s own or another’s (Luke 16:2; Sept.: Is. 22:19); a spiritual dispensation, management, or economy (1 Cor. 9:17; Eph. 1:10; 3:2; Col. 1:25). The “dispensation of God” means the administration of divine grace.
Act., the administrative activity of the owner or of the steward; pass., that which is administered, the administration or dispensation of the fullness of times (Eph. 1:10). The object of oikonomía, dispensation, is the relative phrase hḗn proétheto of Eph. 1:9, translated “which he hath purposed.” It is the divine purpose which is said to be administered. The meaning is the administration of God’s saving purpose pertaining to the fullness of the times. Therefore, oikonomía here is to be taken as pass. See Eph. 3:2, 9 (UBS); 1 Tim. 1:4 (TR).

Zodhiates, Spiros. The complete word study dictionary: New Testament 2000 : n. pag. Print.

Dispensations are man made, not God inspired. 

15 hours ago, OneLight said:

Application of scripture has many different avenues in which it travels.  Which scripture would you not apply to the body of Christ and by what avenue do you disapprove of?

Mark 16:15-16 would not apply to the body as an example.

8 minutes ago, douge said:

Mark 16:15-16 would not apply to the body as an example.

Really?  You seriously do not believe we should preach the truth to the world?  How will those who have not heard hear the truth if we don't?

48 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Really?  You seriously do not believe we should preach the truth to the world?  How will those who have not heard hear the truth if we don't?

The reason is that Mark 16:15-16 does not apply is because The Lord Jesus Christ was commanding the eleven disciples to go and preach the gospel of the kingdom (the earthly Davidic kingdom on earth promised Israel) to the world.

We are to preach the gospel of Christ, the gospel of grace. Our instruction is found in this verse:

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

34 minutes ago, douge said:

The reason is that Mark 16:15-16 does not apply is because The Lord Jesus Christ was commanding the eleven disciples to go and preach the gospel of the kingdom (the earthly Davidic kingdom on earth promised Israel) to the world.

We are to preach the gospel of Christ, the gospel of grace. Our instruction is found in this verse:

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

I see you added in the work "kingdom" to scripture in support of your theology.  Be careful when adding to scripture in order to change the meaning.  You see, if you take the verses in context, this was said by Jesus after He rose from the grave, as we can see in expanding to verses 14- 18.

Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen.  And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.  He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.  And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Nowhere did Jesus tell them not to teach the full gospel.  They were to proclaim His death and resurrection, His salvation.  You should not divide scripture up like you are.  I provided you proof that "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."  Where does Paul separate scripture like you are?  Remember, when the Holy Spirit moved Paul to speak these words, He knew what would become scripture, so this includes the New Testament.

Edited by OneLight
made a correction

22 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I see you added in the work "kingdom" to scripture in support of your theology.  Be careful when adding to scripture in order to change the meaning.  You see, if you take the verses in context, this was said by Jesus after He rose from the grave, as we can see in expanding to verses 14- 18.

Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen.  And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.  He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.  And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Nowhere did Jesus tell them not to teach the full gospel.  They were to proclaim His death and resurrection, His salvation.  You should not divide scripture up like you are.  I provided you proof that "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."  Where does Paul separate scripture like you are?  Remember, when the Holy Spirit moved Paul to speak these words, He knew what would become scripture, so this includes the New Testament.

Jesus preached the gospel of the kingdom Matthew 4:23

The signs in Mark 16:17-18 could not be said to apply to the body of Christ.

Paul said to rightly divide 2 Timothy 2:15