• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

16 minutes ago, breathoflife said:

I guess with Israel not living in the land for thousands of years was also to much to overcome so Israel has never returned to the Land. Oh wait the Lord was able to overcome that obstacle and they are back in the land. Surprise on me. How will God Almighty overcome your stumbling block and do exactly what He is shown doing in Zechariah 11 or are you saying this is a false prophecy that the Lord will not break those two staffs carrying out exactly as is shown by the Prophet's prophecy. There are more Jewish people living in the U.S. do you think the Lord will be able to get them for the Aliyah

I think Zec. was referring to THEN, not to our future. In our Future, Ezekiel tells us God will put them together. They have been divided a very long time.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, iamlamad said:

You are mistaken: the DAy of the Lord begins at the 6th seal in chapter 6, but Jesus does not return until chapter 19. over 7 years later. How did you miss this? 

Verse ten above is the prophecy that will be fulfilled at the 6th seal. It seems like John almost copied word for word some of it.  That therefore sets the time, so we don't need to determine the time: John has told is it is the start of the Day of the Lord. 

Note, it IS "the Day of the Lord" but the Lord will oversee it from heaven. He does not return to earth to Armageddon (Rev. 19) until the 70th week is finished. Then some unknown time after that.

Lets see if we can straighten this out. There are three sections that form the one prophesy. The first section has the decree of Cyrus and the rebuilding of Jerusalem. The middle section is to last 434 years and ends on the Passover the Lord kept before He was cutoff. If you go backwards from that Passover to the beginning of this 434 year prophecy you

must end up on that Passover. Keep going back and the 49 years segment that kicked this prophecy of as beginning and then ending 49 years later on Passover. So first prophecy begins on Passover and ends 49 years later on Passover. The second prophecy begins on that same Passover lasts for 434 years and ends on the Passover where the Lord becomes our Passover Lamb. This leaves on week of years to be fulfilled. It will like the two prophetic periods before it will begin and end on Passovers seven years apart. With the Last or 490th Passover being The Day of the Lord. The prophecies were fulfilled just as they had to be an for it to be extended beyond the 490 years or for those times to be altered in anyway makes the whole prophecy suspect.

19 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Thanks for the clarification, I cannot disagree with your conclusion as stated.

Hallelujah!  We agree!  Good point catching me on that.

Just now, breathoflife said:

Lets see if we can straighten this out. There are three sections that form the one prophesy. The first section has the decree of Cyrus and the rebuilding of Jerusalem. The middle section is to last 434 years and ends on the Passover the Lord kept before He was cutoff. If you go backwards from that Passover to the beginning of this 434 year prophecy you

must end up on that Passover. Keep going back and the 49 years segment that kicked this prophecy of as beginning and then ending 49 years later on Passover. So first prophecy begins on Passover and ends 49 years later on Passover. The second prophecy begins on that same Passover lasts for 434 years and ends on the Passover where the Lord becomes our Passover Lamb. This leaves on week of years to be fulfilled. It will like the two prophetic periods before it will begin and end on Passovers seven years apart. With the Last or 490th Passover being The Day of the Lord. The prophecies were fulfilled just as they had to be an for it to be extended beyond the 490 years or for those times to be altered in anyway makes the whole prophecy suspect.

I will have to take your word that all these begin and end on Passover, for I don't have a clue. Are there scriptures that confirm this?

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, breathoflife said:

I guess with Israel not living in the land for thousands of years was also to much to overcome so Israel has never returned to the Land. Oh wait the Lord was able to overcome that obstacle and they are back in the land. Surprise on me. How will God Almighty overcome your stumbling block and do exactly what He is shown doing in Zechariah 11 or are you saying this is a false prophecy that the Lord will not break those two staffs carrying out exactly as is shown by the Prophet's prophecy. There are more Jewish people living in the U.S. do you think the Lord will be able to get them for the Aliyah

Hello breath of life,

I wouldn't say what you present is completely without merit, however, there are some serious obstacles that have not yet been touched on by you.  So let's start with the 10 tribes that were lost.  One of those tribes is Benjamin, who were part of the southern kingdom.  When the Assyrian invasion began, they slowly picked the northern kingdom apart, bit by bit.  Samaria in the land of Ephraim was the last stronghold to fall for the northern kingdom, but the conquest did not end there.  The southern kingdom was invaded also, and if not for Sennacherib's arrogant mocking of God it would have fallen as well.  The only city left to be conquered was Jerusalem itself, which God preserved.  This left the two tribes of Judah and Levites, because the Levites being priests lived amongst the other tribes but the larger portion in Jerusalem where the temple was.

So those other 10 tribes went into exile in Assyria, which stretched from Egypt up along the Great Sea nearly reaching the Black Sea to the north before horseshoeing around and back down to the Persian Gulf.  The Israelites were scattered and dispersed all across that region, while other peoples from other conquered nations were redistributed into the land of the lost tribes.

Now, the biggest problem you have is reconciling what the prophets have to say regarding those nations, and when it is they return to the land.  Here is one such example I speak of.

Isaiah 11:11 In that day the Lord will extend his hand yet a second time to recover the remnant that remains of his people, from Assyria, from Egypt, from Pathros, from Cush, from Elam, from Shinar, from Hamath, and from the coastlands of the sea.

12 He will raise a signal for the nations
    and will assemble the banished of Israel,
and gather the dispersed of Judah
    from the four corners of the earth.
13 The jealousy of Ephraim shall depart,
    and those who harass Judah shall be cut off;
Ephraim shall not be jealous of Judah,
    and Judah shall not harass Ephraim.
14 But they shall swoop down on the shoulder of the Philistines in the west,
    and together they shall plunder the people of the east.
They shall put out their hand against Edom and Moab,
    and the Ammonites shall obey them.
15 And the Lord will utterly destroy
    the tongue of the Sea of Egypt,
and will wave his hand over the River
    with his scorching breath,
and strike it into seven channels,
    and he will lead people across in sandals.
16 And there will be a highway from Assyria
    for the remnant that remains of his people,
as there was for Israel
    when they came up from the land of Egypt.

Now, explain how that works for us.  Exactly when do you see this taking place in the timeline?

God bless

Hi, it tells right when it will happen "In that Day"

3 minutes ago, breathoflife said:

Hi, it tells right when it will happen "In that Day"

Exactly, so how can it be then that they are the 10 horns if they don't re-enter the land until that time?  Also, how can they be the remnant of God's and be opposed to Him as you are suggesting?  Unless I am misunderstanding something here.

16 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

I think Zec. was referring to THEN, not to our future. In our Future, Ezekiel tells us God will put them together. They have been divided a very long time.

Zechariah preached and prophesied after the divided kingdom, even with the extra 130 years Judah last past Israel. It would seem untenable to have a prophet prophecy of that which has already ended. Would seem to indicate some, like all prophecies, for the future. Scripture also tells us virgin Israel will fall never to rise again. That the Lord will remove all memory of Israel, the apostate portion. if we consider all people born to Jewish parents to be Jews that is not the Biblical criteria, Romans 2: 28-29, Jeremiah 9:17 So how do your calculations account for all the Jewish people only circumcised in the flesh. The only Scripture I know on the Passovers is the prophecy itself. If it was a total of 483 tears from the command to rebuild Jerusalem until the Messiah's death on Passover then the decree had to be given on a Passover for it to land on the Lord's Passover. That leaves 7 years one week of years of 7 years that would have to pickup from the Passover of the Lord for it to align with the prophecy that began on a Passover, finished the rebuild on a Passover, Had the Lord cutoff on a Passover and has one seven year period beginning at a Passover and ending on the last Passover. Think about it. There is no day more uniquely the Lord's not counting His sacrifice, that is more uniquely the Lord's than Passover. God told Israel that the Passover was so important that it had to be moved to the top of their calender. That is why they have two calenders one religious and one secular. 

10 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Exactly, so how can it be then that they are the 10 horns if they don't re-enter the land until that time?  Also, how can they be the remnant of God's and be opposed to Him as you are suggesting?  Unless I am misunderstanding something here.

you are talking about parts of the faithful remnant not the people in the land. The faithful remnant is not even saved out of Jerusalem until the Lord stands on the Mount of Olives. Who is resisting Him? I never suggest they are opposing Him. I said the apostate majority opposes the Lord big difference

Just now, breathoflife said:

you are talking about parts of the faithful remnant not the people in the land. The faithful remnant is not even saved out of Jerusalem until the Lord stands on the Mount of Olives. Who is resisting Him? I never suggest they are opposing Him. I said the apostate majority opposes the Lord big difference

Yes, but that is the point I am making about that passage.  The dispersed from Assyria do not return prior to that, they are still lost at the point and time where we place that prophecy from Isaiah.  That does not allow for them joining back together, splitting apart, and taking part of the end times scenario surrounding the beast and his kingdom.

The only thing lost about the 10 tribes is their heritage to them, not to God.  Now if what you are suggesting is that people from the surrounding nations that don't realize they are even of Jewish descent account for the 10 kings then that is the only scenario this makes sense.  However, that still does not account for your scenario regarding the two staffs, because at no point prior to this prophecy are those two sisters (Ephraim and Judah) reunited in scripture.

God bless