• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I am not sure exactly what you are asking me, but what I was pointing out is that the 69th week of Daniel ended on April 6th, 32 AD, when Jesus first rode into Jerusalem on the foal of a donkey.  As to when the 70th week begins that is debatable, some believe it continued right into it.  Some of them believe the 70th week went on to completion at that time, some believe that half of the 70th week has passed, and many believe the entire 70th week was all future from that point.

As far as the prophecy from Isaiah, what I am asking is for you to list out a sequence of events as you see them, and insert where you believe what Isaiah spoke of falls into that timeline.

God bless

the prophecy states the second group of years stops when the Messiah is scarified. It does not say when he rides in on a foal.  There is no mention of His entrance in this prophecy.. cutoff is the key because we know the day He offered Himself as our Passover Lamb was Passover. Count out all the years forward or backwards and they all start and end on Passover. Doubt I will do the Isaiah study this evening..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

19 minutes ago, breathoflife said:

the prophecy states the second group of years stops when the Messiah is scarified.

Not exactly.

Daniel 9:26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

After has more meanings than what you are using. Look you don’t like what I believe you don’t accept the Old Testament prophecies and I invade yours and your friends playground. I did not come here to defend every  inch of every post to you and your friends. If I stay on this site I get you don’t like what I believe so just let me be invisible to you. One of these days all will be revealed and I can’t wait to be among the rabble cheering you on. Have a good journey.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, breathoflife said:

Look you don’t like what I believe you don’t accept the Old Testament prophecies and I invade yours and your friends playground.

I think you are misunderstanding me, and I am sorry that I've upset you and would prefer to continue discussing things with you as I am still not sure exactly what it is that you believe.  Or perhaps I should say, I don't yet understand how you are arriving there.  Several weeks ago when we first spoke you called me a breath of fresh air, so I just want to remind you I am the same person now I was then, a brother in Christ.  I do accept the OT prophecies, but you share absolutely no references to scriptures in your posts for me to consider, just your words.  Now, as I said earlier to your post about when the 69th week ended, I want to share with you the scripture that explains why I disagree.  The thread is about the key to prophecy being the prophets, this is prophecy regarding the promised Messiah, and how it fits in.  If you take the time to consider what I am about to share, maybe you will understand why I said "not quite".

So let's go back a bit to where things begin, just a little history of the 10th of Nissan.

Exodus 12:2  “This month shall be for you the beginning of months. It shall be the first month of the year for you. 
Exodus 12:3  Tell all the congregation of Israel that on the tenth day of this month every man shall take a lamb according to their fathers' houses, a lamb for a household. 

Another event that took place on the 10th of Nissan.

Joshua 4:19  The people came up out of the Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and they encamped at Gilgal on the east border of Jericho.

Entering the promised land.  So, the very day the Israelites entered the promised land is connected to the choosing of the Passover lamb.  So let's fast forward to the triumphal entry.  The Passover lamb is to be killed on the 14th of Nissan, which is a Thursday.  So going by scripture, see how this works.

John 12:1  Six days before the Passover, Jesus therefore came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had raised from the dead.

That puts Jesus in Bethany on Friday, the 8th of Nissan.  Now, Friday evening into Saturday evening was Shabbat, the 9th of Nissan, so this was a day of rest for Him in Bethany.  This brings us to the 10th of Nissan, Sunday morning.

John 12:12  The next day the large crowd that had come to the feast heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem. 13  So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying out, “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!” 

The Jewish custom on the 10th of Nissan is to sing Psalm 118 and the choosing of the Passover lamb, which is displayed in verse 13 above.  So follow out Psalm 118 and the prophetic nature of not only the song, but in how His triumphal entry coincides within it.

Psalm 118:14 The Lord is my strength and my song;
    he has become my salvation.
15 Glad songs of salvation
    are in the tents of the righteous:
“The right hand of the Lord does valiantly,
16     the right hand of the Lord exalts,
    the right hand of the Lord does valiantly!”

17 I shall not die, but I shall live,
    and recount the deeds of the Lord.
18 The Lord has disciplined me severely,
    but he has not given me over to death.

19 Open to me the gates of righteousness,
    that I may enter through them
    and give thanks to the Lord.
20 This is the gate of the Lord;
    the righteous shall enter through it.
21 I thank you that you have answered me
    and have become my salvation.
22 The stone that the builders rejected
    has become the cornerstone.
23 This is the Lord's doing;
    it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 This is the day that the Lord has made;
    let us rejoice and be glad in it.

This is where they would be singing Hosanna, in the following verse.

25 Save us (Hosanna), we pray, O Lord!
    O Lord, we pray, give us success!

26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!
    We bless you from the house of the Lord.

Jesus enters Jerusalem and then delivers this prophecy.

Matthew 23:37  “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! 
38  See, your house is left to you desolate. 39  For I tell you, you will not see me again, until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’”

And the Passover lamb is chosen

Psalm 118:27 The Lord is God,
    and he has made his light to shine upon us.
Bind the festal sacrifice with cords,
    up to the horns of the altar!

Does that make sense to you now?

God bless

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

20 hours ago, wingnut- said:

I think you are misunderstanding me, and I am sorry that I've upset you and would prefer to continue discussing things with you as I am still not sure exactly what it is that you believe.  Or perhaps I should say, I don't yet understand how you are arriving there.  Several weeks ago when we first spoke you called me a breath of fresh air, so I just want to remind you I am the same person now I was then, a brother in Christ.  I do accept the OT prophecies, but you share absolutely no references to scriptures in your posts for me to consider, just your words.  Now, as I said earlier to your post about when the 69th week ended, I want to share with you the scripture that explains why I disagree.  The thread is about the key to prophecy being the prophets, this is prophecy regarding the promised Messiah, and how it fits in.  If you take the time to consider what I am about to share, maybe you will understand why I said "not quite".

So let's go back a bit to where things begin, just a little history of the 10th of Nissan.

Exodus 12:2  “This month shall be for you the beginning of months. It shall be the first month of the year for you. 
Exodus 12:3  Tell all the congregation of Israel that on the tenth day of this month every man shall take a lamb according to their fathers' houses, a lamb for a household. 

Another event that took place on the 10th of Nissan.

Joshua 4:19  The people came up out of the Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and they encamped at Gilgal on the east border of Jericho.

Entering the promised land.  So, the very day the Israelites entered the promised land is connected to the choosing of the Passover lamb.  So let's fast forward to the triumphal entry.  The Passover lamb is to be killed on the 14th of Nissan, which is a Thursday.  So going by scripture, see how this works.

John 12:1  Six days before the Passover, Jesus therefore came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had raised from the dead.

That puts Jesus in Bethany on Friday, the 8th of Nissan.  Now, Friday evening into Saturday evening was Shabbat, the 9th of Nissan, so this was a day of rest for Him in Bethany.  This brings us to the 10th of Nissan, Sunday morning.

John 12:12  The next day the large crowd that had come to the feast heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem. 13  So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying out, “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!” 

The Jewish custom on the 10th of Nissan is to sing Psalm 118 and the choosing of the Passover lamb, which is displayed in verse 13 above.  So follow out Psalm 118 and the prophetic nature of not only the song, but in how His triumphal entry coincides within it.

Psalm 118:14 The Lord is my strength and my song;
    he has become my salvation.
15 Glad songs of salvation
    are in the tents of the righteous:
“The right hand of the Lord does valiantly,
16     the right hand of the Lord exalts,
    the right hand of the Lord does valiantly!”

17 I shall not die, but I shall live,
    and recount the deeds of the Lord.
18 The Lord has disciplined me severely,
    but he has not given me over to death.

19 Open to me the gates of righteousness,
    that I may enter through them
    and give thanks to the Lord.
20 This is the gate of the Lord;
    the righteous shall enter through it.
21 I thank you that you have answered me
    and have become my salvation.
22 The stone that the builders rejected
    has become the cornerstone.
23 This is the Lord's doing;
    it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 This is the day that the Lord has made;
    let us rejoice and be glad in it.

This is where they would be singing Hosanna, in the following verse.

25 Save us (Hosanna), we pray, O Lord!
    O Lord, we pray, give us success!

26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!
    We bless you from the house of the Lord.

Jesus enters Jerusalem and then delivers this prophecy.

Matthew 23:37  “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! 
38  See, your house is left to you desolate. 39  For I tell you, you will not see me again, until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’”

And the Passover lamb is chosen

Psalm 118:27 The Lord is God,
    and he has made his light to shine upon us.
Bind the festal sacrifice with cords,
    up to the horns of the altar!

Does that make sense to you now?

God bless

Good job, I think!