SavedOnebyGrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.47
  • Days Won:  0

Science Fiction is filled with stories of time travel where someone is looking to rewrite history or a personal wrong done to him/her or by him/her in the past.  Movies, stories, letters and television have delved into this concept since the 18th century or maybe even before.  It's an appealing concept from a secular level where a person could fix a wrong he/she committed in the past and make it right thereby achieving there own redemption.  We probably all have past situations that we wish we could change.

Jesus knows our past and future; our missed opportunities and regrets.  Jesus is the only way, the ultimate truth and the everlasting life we strive for.  Relying upon the shed blood of Jesus to cleanse us from all our shortcomings, is the only way to reconcile our live to His.

Live your life so you minimize your longings for second chances.  But know that when you fail, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
Punctuation
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Joel 2 is great comfort to me.

When we have gone our own way and our lives bear the consequences of that choice, if we repent (v12), "I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten" (v25). 

God has the authority to restore to us our lost years... wow! There is no such thing as hopelessness with God.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

19 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

We probably all have past situations that we wish we could change.

Jesus knows our past and future; our missed opportunities and regrets.  Jesus is the only way, the ultimate truth and the everlasting life.  Relying upon the shed blood of Jesus to cleanse us from all our shortcomings, is the only way to reconcile our live to Him.

Thanks for sharing this. It really speaks to my heart. 

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

10 minutes ago, GreyJay said:

There is no such thing as hopelessness with God.

Amen!

:amen:

• This is Worthy 1

On 10/25/2019 at 2:11 PM, BeauJangles said:

Thanks for sharing this. It really speaks to my heart. 

This has been bouncing around in my head after my wife and I started grieving over the loss of one our precious dogs this week that God has blessed us with.  What could we have done different?  I've come away with an appreciation of God's blessings and cherish what we have when we have it.  My wife is not quite there yet, but she'll get there.  Our dogs are just like children to us.  We lost our only two children during pregnancy.

I am so glad what I wrote touched your heart.   I was worried I would not be able to convey what I thought. God bless you.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
  • Loved it! 1