IGNORED

Can we determine the TIMING of the Rapture from Paul?

iamlamad

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 12/7/2019 at 10:08 AM, iamlamad said:

AFter means "greater:"

I am going to take Strong's idea over yours:

The KJV translates Strong's H310 in the following manner: after (454x), follow (78x), afterward(s) (46x), behind (44x),

The VAST majority of translators use the English word "after." I saw a couple that said "at the end of."  It should be clear to most readers that Daniel is giving us the idea that TIME PASSED and 69 of the 70 weeks are gone, in history. So then, AFTER those 69 have passed away, Jesus is put to death. But it is NOT IN the 70th for Daniel does not get to the 70th until events pass. It is clear that the Holy Spirit was inserting a gap.  That gap is the 2000 or so years of the Gentile church. It is like a parenthesis inserted into the Hebrew timeline. 

Shalom, iamlamad.

OOPS! I said, "AFTER" means "greater THAN!" Think of it this way: "AFTER New Year's Eve, the year will be 2020." Currently, the year is 2019, but the New Year will be "AFTER" or "GREATER THAN" the current year! That works for any numbering system that counts upward, as do the year numbers we use for time.

In Daniel 9:27, we're not told of ANY "magical gap" inserted between the 69th and 70th Sevens; HOWEVER, we ARE told that, in the middle of the 70th Seven, the last Seven, the Jews are made "DESOLATE" for their abominations that spread out like a wing! We're also told that, in that middle, they shall have those things determined upon them until the full end occurs, and so far, that's been almost 2,000 years.

HOWEVER, we're not told of such an insertion!  It comes from just reading the text with no preconceptions, then comparing with other end times scriptures. I know the entire 70th week is in Revelation: chapter 8 to chapter 16. That is proof enough for me.

69" Sevens, puts one IN the 70th Seven!  If God had not chosen to turn to the Gentiles and make the Jews jealous, you would be right. But God DID turn to the gentiles and inserted Gentile time into the Jewish timeline, as if a parenthesis.

I agree with the purpose of the gap being in part to insert Gentiles into the Kingdom WITH the children of Israel; HOWEVER, why do you INSIST that this "gap" has to be between the 69th and 70th Sevens?! It's between the first and second halves of the 70th Seven!

That's an ASSUMPTION   It's no assumption. 

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week:...

The events in this color are between the 69th week and the 70th.

Nope. This is JEWISH thinking, not WESTERN thinking! All the text in goldenrod is indeed "AFTER the 62 Sevens (or AFTER the first 69 Sevens)," but that does NOT mean that they come "BEFORE the 70th Seven!" THAT'S the part that is the ASSUMPTION!!! How weird is that?! It's not in the Jewish nature to think that this means that a gap would be inserted between these Sevens!

If someone said,

"Someone will win the Superbowl AFTER the game, and the people will be shouting for joy and carrying on like 2-year-olds into the night. And, the game will be played for four quarters and at halftime, our team will make a dramatic come-back and win the game." 

would you expect "the people shouting for joy and carrying on like 2-year-olds" to happen BEFORE the game began?!

There's a foreshadowing of future events that occurs in verse 26, but time marches on, and one would NEVER expect that there would be a DELAY in the counting! ... UNTIL, that is, the delay (the desolation) is actually mentioned.

This could have been written in many ways, But God chose this way. This is confirmed when we find the complete 7oth week in Revelation. We also find the event that will divide that entire week. 

It is without question that Daniel wrote this AFTER the angel had told Him.  But the fact is, it was GOD BREATHED through the angel to Daniel. I am convinced this is written exactly as God wanted it written. 

What you are missing: John shows us the entire 70th week in Revelation as a FUTURE EVENT proving God did insert a gap here. However, it does not fit your preconceived theory so you try to argue against it.  If I were you I would camp out in Revelation until you understand it: it is the most complete work on end times in the bible. It is wisdom that we form our doctrines there, and just fill in missing pieces from other books, such as Daniel. 

This is like a bank president that teaches his tellers everything there is to know about the real money - so when they see a counterfeit, it is instantly recognized.  I know the entire 70th week and the point of division of that week as a future event is written in Revelation. It is therefore easy to spot a theory that disagrees with John. 

Only in your mind, friend, only in your mind. Relative visions and revelations are no substitute to ABSOLUTE truth in Scripture.

That certain facts SEEM "out of order" for Western thinkers does NOT mean that is how a child of Israel would interpret Daniel 9:26-27.

What Yochanan shows us in the Revealing of Yeshua` the Messiah of God (the book of Revelation) is the END of the Tribulational Period, also known as the "Time of Jacob's Trouble" (which some call the "Church Age"), and the SECOND HALF of the Seven multiple times from various angles. Yeshua` doesn't arrive from some "Heaven" in Revelation 19. He is given the Kingdom of God in Revelation 11, which means, by then, He is ALREADY BACK! Revelation 19 shows Him coming from the SKY to that final battle for His Land!

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Can we determine the TIMING of the Rapture from Paul?

The day and hour only Jesus knows.